Community > Posts By > 2OLD2MESSAROUND

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 07:28 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/24/15 07:30 AM
Tmommy stated >>>
Taken these kinds of tests in cognitive psych on different races,ages,genders and sexuality. Yes they are measuring scores based on reaction time and looking at the areas where there might be a slight pause before answering.Yes many variables may skew the score

I've been hoping you'd weigh in this IAT exam; it's one of the most bizarre emotional testing theories I've ever come across; really frustrating in the way that the speed and limited response forces the tester to reply! Even when the response to the 'UGLY vs GOOD' are opposite of what you've chosen you get a X and have to remark that image!!!

ODD - just really 'ODD'!!!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 07:24 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/24/15 07:29 AM
CyrstalFairy posted >>>
FOr instance, if I had the choice to live an a white neighbourhood or a black/purple/grey/green one, I go for white. Not because I'm a racist, but with white ppl I know what I can expect. I know how they react, live, talk, walk, think etc. In general of course.
Meaning I choose that because it's familiar and what is familiar feels safe.

Don't really get why you're so upset and regret posting this topic? I feel a lot of anger coming off you (not directed to anyone, general anger).
I think it's a good thread.

No anger in my typing - frustration maybe; but no ANGER! Your comment was using the word 'MADE'; so my explanation was about the basis for the IAT testing and the method behind it.

Uchea derailed this thread and then the 'pack attack' just flowed from that point on!

I was interested in peoples reactions to how the IAT test was managed --- it's not a mandatory issue --- more like; did you find it odd in the same way that I did!
Curiosity drives my brain and this IAT testing is really---ODD! :wink: Edited for correction: wasn't forced it was the word "MADE" LOL

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 07:09 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/24/15 07:12 AM
OMG...and here I was hoping you were going to update us on her 'FUN & GREAT' time since she'd driven all that long way; so sorry and she'll be sorely missed. Glad that she's with her favorite guy! Is she in the hospital up there?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:58 AM

drinker Drink more COFFEE and stay cool...it's a scorcher out there in the :heart: land! But I did get my mowing done last evening!!!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:39 AM
Rooster35 stated >>>
It's Capitalism, baybaaaay! When money talks, bs walks. smile

Ya...I 'GET IT'grumble
But my 'Pollyanna mentality' of that's just so WRONG ON ALL LEVELS and expectations of our professors and master degreed humans being above all that ---

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:30 AM
CyrstalFairy asked >>>
What I am curious about: Have they made black people take this same test? Do they react the same way to us? I think they would.

2old2 replied >>>
Since this entire thread was derailed by our very own portrayer of the 'non-stop sexual deviant topics'; the reason and article has been over looked!

No one is forced to 'take this test'; it's been used by corporations as an educational tool by corporations at Human Resource Seminars to 'EDUCATE HUMANS' to their unknown/hidden way of classifying humans = of all races.

Now I'm re-thinking the reason 'WHY-I thought this was a GOOD IDEA'!!! grumble I took it and the method of the TESTING was what made me curious --- it's a frustrating endeavor to 'DO THE RIGHT THING' on that IAT exam!

I was just wondering how others FELT ABOUT TAKING IT! frown

Leigh stated >>>
I took the test...It was my first time...I went as fast as I could or very fastbigsmile ...My test results were as follows:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Only 4% of test takers score in the moderate range which I find very sad...sad2

The test IMHO is absolute bullchit and would not ever be capable of garnering an accurate response from any person of any race....I can easily see why there is so much controversy attached to the question of WHAT the IAT is actually measuring...I do, however, agree that continuing research is valid and necessary because racism of any kind from any group is a negative...

See...my frustration with the 'METHOD' of this IAT testing was...well so infuriating I only took it once and scored 'mid range' pro European American; but the number of 'FORCED CHANGES' with those blasted X's made me wonder if --- that wasn't what they were actually measuring! As in how many of those you accumulated vs the attempt to mark what the test wanted/forced you to chose? Follow what I'm saying?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:13 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/24/15 06:14 AM

OU switched position on earthquake causes after not receiving grant
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:28 pm |
Updated: 7:19 pm, Tue Jun 23, 2015.

After not receiving a $25 million grant from Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm in 2014, OU shifted its position on causes of the state's earthquakes, according to a story by Environment & Energy Publishing.

While the university was seeking the grant from Hamm, it took the position of the state's earthquakes were natural and not caused by the oil industry's actions, according to the article.

However, since the university has learned it would not get the grant, which would have been used to build the Continental Resources Center for Energy Research and Technology, the Oklahoma Geological Survey (O.G.S.) has switched its position, now saying that the earthquakes are "very likely" triggered by actions from the industry, the article said.

Oklahoma State Rep. Jason Murphey said in the article that there are "all kinds of transparency and conflict-of-interest issues" with the university asking Hamm for a donation of such size.

OU President David Boren serves on the Continental Resources Board of Directors as well, a position for which he made $349,720 at in 2014.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-switched-position-on-earthquake-causes-after-not-receiving-grant/article_a0900bb8-19f6-11e5-a9dd-8b02cc1f6b71.html#.VYqlI36omgU.

When this 'REPORT' was first released it was met with much amusement and scoff; 'who in their right mind couldn't see the increased number of earthquakes were precisely correlated to the number of injection wells drilled and operating in the Oklahoma oil field'...

And yet this was published and the BIG OIL snatched it up as the end-all be-all bible about their "SAFE INJECTION WELLS & FRACKING" practices!!! grumble rant

A new U.S. Geological Survey and Oklahoma Geological Survey analysis found that 145 earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater occurred in Oklahoma from January 2014 (through May 2; see accompanying graphic). The previous annual record, set in 2013, was 109 earthquakes, while the long-term average earthquake rate, from 1978 to 2008, was just two magnitude 3.0 or larger earthquakes per year. Important to people living in central and north-central Oklahoma is that the likelihood of future, damaging earthquakes has increased as a result of the increased number of small and moderate shocks.

Oklahoma’s heightened earthquake activity since 2009 includes 20 magnitude 4.0 to 4.8 quakes, plus the largest earthquake in Oklahoma’s history – a magnitude 5.6 earthquake that occurred near Prague on Nov. 5, 2011. The 2011 Prague earthquake damaged a number of homes and the historic Benedictine Hall at St. Gregory's University in Shawnee. Prior to the 2011 Prague earthquake, the largest earthquake of Oklahoma’s history was a magnitude 5.5 earthquake that occurred in 1952 near El Reno and damaged state buildings in Oklahoma City.

USGS statistically analyzed the recent earthquake rate changes and found that they do not seem to be due to typical, random fluctuations in natural seismicity rates. Significant changes in both the background rate of events and earthquake triggers needed to have occurred in order to explain the increases in seismicity, which is not typically observed when modeling natural earthquakes.

The analysis suggests that a likely contributing factor to the increase in earthquakes is triggering by wastewater injected into deep geologic formations. This phenomenon is known as injection-induced seismicity, which has been documented for nearly half a century, with new cases identified recently in Arkansas, Ohio, Texas and Colorado. A recent publication by the USGS suggests that a magnitude 5.0 foreshock to the 2011 Prague, Okla., earthquake was human-induced by fluid injection; that earthquake may have then triggered the main-shock and its aftershocks. OGS studies also indicate that some of the earthquakes in Oklahoma are due to fluid injection. The OGS and USGS continue to study the Prague earthquake sequence in relation to nearby injection activities.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/contactus/golden/newsrelease_05022014.php

And yet I've sadly seen the same behavior played out by greater minds and lesser thinking humans about our 'Global Warming/Climate Change' issues; those lesser thinking humans with 'Master Degree's' in Environmental Sciences...selling their diploma/ideology to the highest bidder; regardless of the facts & truth behind their reports! frustrated explode

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 05:14 AM
CyrstalFairy asked >>>
What I am curious about: Have they made black people take this same test? Do they react the same way to us? I think they would.

Since this entire thread was derailed by our very own portrayer of the 'non-stop sexual deviant topics'; the reason and article has been over looked!

No one is forced to 'take this test'; it's been used by corporations as an educational tool by corporations at Human Resource Seminars to 'EDUCATE HUMANS' to their unknown/hidden way of classifying humans = of all races.

Now I'm re-thinking the reason 'WHY-I thought this was a GOOD IDEA'!!! grumble I took it and the method of the TESTING was what made me curious --- it's a frustrating endeavor to 'DO THE RIGHT THING' on that IAT exam!

I was just wondering how others FELT ABOUT TAKING IT! frown

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 05:06 AM
AnnieRooRoo posted >>>
I want the biggest bottle of wine. Don't worry about the glasses. Stop being lady like drink from the bottle.
Yep. That's what I am thinking.
Nt might need a sober driver. Lol

Celebrating the end of finals? Hope you don't get thirsty and swig a lot of 'water' this morning!!!:tongue: drinks

Congrats on your hard work...:banana:

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/24/15 04:57 AM
clipped from SassyEuro's CNN Link ^^^
At the time of their escape, Matt and Sweat were housed next to each other on the prison's honor block, which awarded inmates who showed good behavior special privileges such as having hot plates and refrigerators in their cells.

Matt, 48, and Sweat, 35, cut holes through steel cell walls, then shimmied along catwalks and through pipes before emerging from a manhole outside the prison gates and disappearing June 6.

Accused of helping the fugitives by supplying the blades, chisels, a punch and a drill bit, Mitchell is in jail and has pleaded not guilty. Her attorney did not respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections said Tuesday there were "a number of ongoing probes" into how the pair escaped, but she wouldn't comment on the details of those investigations.

Brilliant and so F'n KISS; a cell rotation every month would have put a stop to this entire escape/drama/budget busting cost and WOW, wouldn't that have been a true eye-opener for those prison official's shocked

Primary example where the 'HUMANS' in charge get lazy and careless and the criminal minded are always 'THINKING/PLANNING' slaphead noway

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:20 PM
Conrad_73 posted this article >>>
Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage,the notion that a man's intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man's mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man's convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman's version of the doctrine of innate ideas or of inherited knowledge,which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man's life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.

Racism,
The Virtue of Selfishness, 126

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/racism.html
Conrad_73 made this comment >>>
Mother Jones and Mooney are full of that Brown Stuff!
Divisive Idiots!

LMAO --- and yet Mr. Mooney was the one that took the IAT Racist test (3 times) and wrote the article about his �clairissement about this issue; sure blow the article off like it's got zero bearing on the social issues of our times!!!

But you can't manage to stay on TOPIC about the IAT test and see where you stand; Like I told uche9aa..."racial biased doesn't just exude from 'WHITE PEOPLE'" --- and you are one of those 'LABEL MAKERS' that flood the political forum with one hit wonders of --- "that's a LIBERAL for you" whoa slaphead

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:04 PM
tta1128 stated >>>
Just watched last nights competition. The only one who got me excited was Travis Rosen of Franklin, TN. He's my hometown boy. I've realized that my hometown paper has never mentioned the guy so I'm gonna make sure they interview him. I'd love to meet the guy. He's awesome.

Ahhh, that young Jon {6'6" young man} works in a paper plate factory; he's so cool and quite the competitor for his first time; best score & time all night!

SuzQ66 stated >>>
I was down for the count last night.... missed it

Oh-man, sorry to hear you were out of commission; was worried and wondered WTH had happened to you women! {{hugs}} hope you are feeling mucho better flowerforyou

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 01:48 PM
stan posted >>>
Boxes, and more boxes. And newspaper. Wads of newspaper.

Are you moving?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 01:42 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/23/15 01:45 PM

Also there's these:
alt + 0225 = �
alt + 0233 = �
alt + 0241 = �
alt + 0237 = �
alt + 0188 = �
alt + 0189 = �
alt + 0190 = �

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 01:17 PM
ZZZIPPY stated >>>
Hey now..... I have seen women pee on the seat... How I don't know but I have seen this a few times...
They hover is my guess...

laugh 2 true that; I can well remember those 80's era times I went out after work or met up with some gal-pals and when we'd all troop into the restroom together some of those 'HUMANS' would "HOOVER" over the toilet in order to stay 'AIDS' free noway

Trying to explain to some slightly tipsy/boozed up broads that 'you can't get AIDS from the toilet seat'...well it just fell on deaf ears --- but using the stall after them was problematic too shocked

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 12:47 PM
uche9aa stated >>>
Racism runs in the blood of most white people. Even here in mingle2

Well, that's quite the conversation starter: but you are aware that that OPINION is carried/portrayed on both sides of any 'RACE ISSUE'...RIGHT?

Take the IAT test and see where you stand; racial biased doesn't just exude from 'WHITE PEOPLE'...they don't shed it like a aura! :wink:

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 12:17 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/23/15 12:19 PM
Want to know where you stand when it comes to race?
Take the Implicit Association Test {IAT} at >>>
uderstandingprejudice.org >>>

http://www.understandingprejudice.org/iat/racframe.htm

The Science of Why Cops Shoot Young Black Men
And how to reform our bigoted brains. -�� By Chris Mooney

Mon Dec. 1, 2014 7:00 AM EST

"You're not, like, a total racist bastard," David Amodio tells me. He pauses. "Today."
I'm sitting in the soft-spoken cognitive neuroscientist's spotless office nestled within New York University's psychology department, but it feels like I'm at the doctor's, getting a dreaded diagnosis. On his giant monitor, Amodio shows me a big blob of data, a cluster of points depicting where people score on the Implicit Association Test. The test measures racial prejudices that we cannot consciously control. I've taken it three times now. This time around my uncontrolled prejudice, while clearly present, has come in significantly below the average for white people like me.

You think of yourself as a person who strives to be unprejudiced, but you can't control these split-second reactions.

That certainly beats the first time I took the IAT online, on the website UnderstandingPrejudice.org. That time, my results showed a "strong automatic preference" for European Americans over African Americans. That was not a good thing to hear, but it's extremely common—51 percent of online test takers show moderate to strong bias.

Taking the IAT, one of the most popular tools among researchers trying to understand racism and prejudice, is both extremely simple and pretty traumatic. The test asks you to rapidly categorize images of faces as either "African American" or "European American" while you also categorize words (like "evil," "happy," "awful," and "peace") as either "good" or "bad." Faces and words flash on the screen, and you tap a key, as fast as you can, to indicate which category is appropriate.

Sometimes you're asked to sort African American faces and "good" words to one side of the screen. Other times, black faces are to be sorted with "bad" words. As words and faces keep flashing by, you struggle not to make too many sorting mistakes.

And then suddenly, you have a horrible realization. When black faces and "bad" words are paired together, you feel yourself becoming faster in your categorizing—an indication that the two are more easily linked in your mind. "It's like you're on a bike going downhill," Amodio says, "and you feel yourself going faster. So you can say, 'I know this is not how I want to come off,' but there's no other response option."

You think of yourself as a person who strives to be unprejudiced, but you can't control these split-second reactions. As the milliseconds are being tallied up, you know the tale they'll tell: When negative words and black faces are paired together, you're a better, faster categorizer. Which suggests that racially biased messages from the culture around you have shaped the very wiring of your brain.

for the entire article >>>
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/science-of-racism-prejudice

I thought that with all of the media articles about cops killing young black men - Dylnn Foot's racial diatribe on his media page - the discussion about the 'Stars & Bars' & Confederate flag flown in SC state capitol; that maybe a little self examination wouldn't hurt and would be interesting!
Your test taking is private - none of the results show up on anything that I/we can ever see --- but it is very interesting to take the IAT!
Discuss how the test results made you feel _______?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 11:16 AM
Debbie stated >>> I was okay with the dentist, until I was a dental nurse, and then with what I saw, and the big balls up they made, I was petrified.
noway noway scared scared

2old2 posted >>>
Ok...I'll need a translation for and the big balls up they made; is that like a foul up / flub / huge mistake?

Debbie replied >>>
huge mistakes that shouldn't have happened.

I've always admired humans like yourself; & my other RN-nursing humans that have stood by while some doctor/dentist behaved in such an outrageous way - messed up so hugely that they/you held your composure and didn't blink an eye/scream/run out of the room in horror!!! After hearing some of my emergency room RN BFF's repeat their horrifying stories to me...well' my face tells all those around me exactly what I'm thinking and dealing with 'SELF-INFLICTED-STUPID-HUMANS' has always made me struggle to hold off and not beat them about the head & shoulders!

I don't know how you do what you do and work beside some utter 'FOOLS' with the legal Doctorate degree to make some god-awful mistakes to people! U R an amazing human! flowerforyou

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 08:30 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/23/15 08:32 AM
Posting in 'CODES' = WTF ???

For our TMommy...cause she could use some 'MUSCLE MEN' soon!

Because I whine soooo much about the HEAT ~~~

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/23/15 08:16 AM
no1phD stated >>>
Nts..time to switch to the left hand...:angel:

**WARNING** you'll develop a bad case of 'carpel tunnel' if you don't slack off that 'spanking the money' habit you have laugh flowerforyou

NTS - never shake hands with 'no1phD'...knock elbows just to be on the safe side! blushing

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25