parttime_vikingfan's photo
Mon 01/04/10 06:43 AM
Learn to get out of your own way. You know who you are, pimples and all, realize that everyone has them and calm down. And most important, don't apologize for who you are.
You have practiced not being yourself for a long time. Now practice being yourself and you will attract the people who you are supposed to attract.

Tue 12/01/09 07:10 PM
GO VIKES!!!!

Tue 12/01/09 07:08 PM
Yes..... we are an arrogant country

Tue 11/17/09 05:00 PM
You will have to start picking guys with some balls

Fri 07/17/09 05:20 PM
I thought the warning came from a man who was married when the "children come first" scenario came into play. So it was about Stepfather. If you are talking about balance then I would guess that you won't have "children come first" on your profile because you already know that in your terms, that is a given.

Fri 07/17/09 05:05 PM
Its not about me not getting my way. Its about my responsibility to the family to keep us together and try to make family life the best I can. The daughter's focus is probably more on herself, after all she is at the age of not having alot of responsibility, and rightly so. Now as it turns out once again, mom has to decide.

Fri 07/17/09 04:57 PM
sorry snarkytwain I wasn't trying to be mean. Let me give an example of what I mean without making things to complex so as to stay on point.

I look at mom and daughter on Saturday morning and say, "how do you both feel about spending the day at the beach or something, and daughter you may bring a friend too." and daughter says, "hey mom we should go girl shopping instead". Now she knows, and I know what that means for me. Either I drive them around like a chaufer from mall to mall trying to do the family thing. Or I find something else to do probably by myself. Now mom's answer will decide how the day goes for all of us, and which way is she already leaning? Well of course, she is predisposed, the children come first, even to the detriment of the family even if she doesn't realize it.

Fri 07/17/09 04:29 PM

You knew there were kids going in.
Kids SHOULD ALWAYS come first.

But she does need to make room for "just you time".

not scriptural

the spouse is to come first as the children will grow and depart from you

Even if it IS scriptual, that doesn't mean everyone follows the Bible. Plus, I don't agree anyway so nyah! :wink:

I don't think kids should always come first, and I'm sure I will hear about it!...lol
I think kids should be loved, protected, taught, encouraged, given lots of attention, and forgiven.

I believe that unconditional loyalty, trust, entitlement, and enabling can be bad for kids.

That is if we want kids who are confident, trustworthy, responsible, sincere, and empathetic.

I don't believe in saying no to a child just to say no. I believe if you want to say no you should have a reason, it doestn't have to be a great reason but there should be a comprehendable reason.

If your child will always come first, then I believe you ought to stay single. Its only fair to the child, and to the man you may want in your life.

To always put a child first is to empower that child with responsibility way beyond what is good for them whether intentional or not.
It gives a child the same decision making power as the man you may want in your life should have.
Eventually the mom and the child will probably start to over rule the man's decisions 2 against 1.
I could go on all day, but I think put some food for thought out there!
Greg

I don't know about other parents here, but I think you kinda missed the mark when it comes to my own personal definition of "come first". It doesn't mean they get to make my decisions for me. It means that if they need me, I'm there for them. Now, my eldest has issues with anxiety, which she often milks. (She's almost 13... they'll milk ANYTHING for attention laugh ), and I have learned very well when she's truly in need of my help and when she's fine. If she's having an actual anxiety attack, you better BET that no matter what I'm doing or who I'm with, I'm running home to her. Period. But if she's just throwing a teenage fit? Nope. Tough love time.

Being a parent is ALL about using your head AND your heart.

Oh I don't think I missed the point at all!!!!!!!! Protecting and taking care of your children is a given. Who would stand in the way of that????? No, I think we are talking about the complexities of integrated families and how a mothers attitude about her children affects the dynamics of such a family. Unless I misunderstood the warning!

Thu 07/16/09 04:29 PM
I don't think kids should always come first, and I'm sure I will hear about it!...lol
I think kids should be loved, protected, taught, encouraged, given lots of attention, and forgiven.

I believe that unconditional loyalty, trust, entitlement, and enabling can be bad for kids.

That is if we want kids who are confident, trustworthy, responsible, sincere, and empathetic.

I don't believe in saying no to a child just to say no. I believe if you want to say no you should have a reason, it doestn't have to be a great reason but there should be a comprehendable reason.

If your child will always come first, then I believe you ought to stay single. Its only fair to the child, and to the man you may want in your life.

To always put a child first is to empower that child with responsibility way beyond what is good for them whether intentional or not.
It gives a child the same decision making power as the man you may want in your life should have.
Eventually the mom and the child will probably start to over rule the man's decisions 2 against 1.
I could go on all day, but I think put some food for thought out there!
Greg

Wed 07/01/09 06:39 PM
gormsdatter

Wed 07/01/09 06:34 PM
First, I don't think cup size is as important as the number before it. Call me superficial but I happen to like my women in a certain range.
Second, Texture is also important, some feel like there is really something there, others feel like I'm squeezing a bag of marshmellows.
Test Em All I Say!!!..lol

Wed 07/01/09 06:10 PM

it is not the size of the cup that counts it is the quality of what's inside!

drinker

I was always a "B" then got older they became a "C" which is backwards I coulda used them "C's" when I was younger but my "B's" never stopped me from gettin guys and they sure gave me alot of pleasure, so I am sure that "A's" can be good too, they are kinda like peckers, even if you have a little one, you can make do and still get pleasure. You just have to work it differently.:wink:

On my honeymoon as I appeared from the bathroom my new bride took one look at me and said ..."Who do you think your going to please with that????" I smiled at her and said "MEEEE"

Wed 06/17/09 07:58 PM
As usual, got to the lake and watch the floatilla, take a sauna, swim. maybe go 4 wheelin

Wed 06/17/09 07:54 PM
Is Toejam 1 word?...j/k how about "surrender"

Thu 04/09/09 05:22 PM
WHAT MAKES GUYS NERVOUS <

Tall women make me nervous, especially the blonde ones...heheshocked

Wed 04/01/09 07:27 PM

Communication is key.

communication is the key to long lasting relationships, that is true.

An old friend once said "wedding rings don't plug any holes."
I believe that if your partner, male or female wants to cheat you won't be able to stop them. In the end you can only take care of your part of the deal.

Mon 03/23/09 08:28 PM
Yes.

Thu 03/19/09 01:45 AM
we gonna spoon?....:banana:

Thu 03/19/09 01:30 AM

I am your obededient servant Gypsy
Oh reaaaaaaaaaaaaally????devil laugh laugh

I'm tired, its all I had at the time....lol

Thu 03/19/09 01:28 AM
just checking your vitals for a baseline. So I will know if you lie.

BTW 3:28am

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25