Community > Posts By > mealady46

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 02:19 PM
Wonderful advice. Hope you don't mind if I copy it for future reference
Mea

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 02:18 PM

I want to share with you a line from my page, I too have been feeling the same way and Id like to offer you some words of encouragement..

Life is a journey filled with lessons, hardships, heartaches, joys, celebrations and special moments that will ultimately lead us to our destination, our purpose in life. The road will not always be smooth; in fact, throughout our travels, we will encounter many challenges.

Some of these challenges will test our courage, strengths, weaknesses, and faith. Along the way, we may stumble upon obstacles that will come between the paths that we are destined to take. In order to follow the right path, we must overcome these obstacles. Sometimes these obstacles are really blessings in disguise, only we don't realize that at the time.

Along our journey we will be confronted with many situations, some will be filled with joy, and some will be filled with heartache. How we react to what we are faced with determines what kind of outcome the rest of our journey through life will be like.

When things don't always go our way, we have two choices in dealing with the situations. We can focus on the fact that things didn't go how we had hoped they would and let life pass us by, or two, we can make the best out of the situation and know that these are only temporary setbacks and find the lessons that are to be learned.

Time stops for no one, and if we allow ourselves to focus on the negative we might miss out on some really amazing things that life has to offer. We can't go back to the past, we can only take the lessons that we have learned and the experiences that we have gained from it and move on. It is because of the heartaches, as well as the hardships, that in the end help to make us a stronger person.

The people that we meet on our journey, are people that we are destined to meet. Everybody comes into our lives for some reason or another and we don't always know their purpose until it is too late. They all play some kind of role. Some may stay for a lifetime; others may only stay for a short while.

It is often the people who stay for only a short time that end up making a lasting impression not only in our lives, but in our hearts as well. Although we may not realize it at the time, they will make a difference and change our lives in a way we never could imagine. To think that one person can have such a profound affect on your life forever is truly a blessing. It is because of these encounters that we learn some of life's best lessons and sometimes we even learn a little bit about ourselves

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 02:03 PM
Sure, I've been kicked to the curb twice (two husbands), but I bounce back brighter than ever.

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 01:54 PM
Hi sweetie, I know where you are coming from. Try to find a job, even if a part time one. Getting out and meeting new people (co workers, clients, etc.) will help you. Learn something new. Check out the library, you may find something that strikes your fancy and you will be off to a new adventure (in your heart, your mind and in your soul). Best of luck, my deer. Love Mea

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 01:43 PM
I was born with red hair. Had lots of freckles. Red Hair now turning to grey but dam freckles, just stay and stay.

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 01:36 PM
Boy, those were quick responses. I like the idea of freezing it. Who knows, I may need it someday. Or, like someone sugggested color it green and throw it in the yard. I do have some bare spots out there, and Easter is coming. Do you think the kids will love the new grass to find the easter eggs in?????

Thanks to all

no photo
Tue 03/31/09 01:17 PM
I purchased a bag of sauerkraut when I picked up a corned beef brisket for St. Patrick's Day. I never opened the bag. Now, I need to use it. Does anyone have a recipe, such as a casserole that I can use the whole bag in? OR, can it be frozen??? NEED HELP. Thanks

no photo
Mon 03/30/09 08:26 PM
My personal Motto is "God's Will be done. I put my life in his hands and he takes care of everything for me.

no photo
Mon 03/30/09 01:53 PM
I come from Virginia (famous for Smithfield Ham and Pork products). There, if you say you are going to have barbeque (BBQ), it means barbequed pork which is slow cooked over a pit. Then it is pulled, minced or sliced. We have some restaurants that offer bbq pork or beef.

I've lived in other states, where they refer to BBQ as chicken.

It doesn't really matter to me, one way or the other, beef, pork or chicken, as long as it is lip smacking and finger licken good.

no photo
Wed 03/25/09 06:16 PM

Mmmmmmmmm.....potaaaaatoooos....drool

MMMMMMMMMMMMM YESSSSSSSSSSS
Check out the nutritional value of potatoes, you'll be surprised.

no photo
Wed 03/25/09 04:50 PM
Well, Kiss my Grits!!

I suggest ham steak, grits and a veggie of his choice.

Mea

no photo
Wed 03/25/09 07:27 AM
Here is a nice recipe for potato nochos that can be used for a snack or with a meal.

Cut one baking potato into 3/8 in thick round slices. Place in a single layer on microwavable dish. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Cover with paper towel and microwave until potatos are tender (about 6 minutes).

Spoon chunky salsa over potatos, top with black beans, onion, black olives and mexican blend cheese,.

Microwave on medium until cheese is melted (1 to 2 min)

3 nachos is approximately 100 calories (if you are counting)

Do you have any other snack recipes for 100 calories or less?

no photo
Tue 03/24/09 07:53 AM
Hi there. I am also new here and am having the same problem with mutual matches. I get a message that someone wants to meet me on mutual match. I check them out and decide if I want to become a match (mutually). Then, I wait and wait, but no emails or contact from them. I emailed one, and introduced myself after he requested the mutual match, but he has not responded to my email. So what is going on??? frustrated

no photo
Tue 03/24/09 07:44 AM
Good Morning to you. And what a good topic. I love big breakfasts, especially when I am visiting friends or have company here. We go all out with Eggs, a choice of bacon, sausage, and/or ham; fruit; biscuits or english muffins; fruit juice and/or coffee. We very seldom have grits or potatos with breakfast, but I love them and have them when eating out at a restaurant. Eating Breakfast out is a real treat for me. I usually go to a restaurant, not a fast food place. This morning, I had to go to the Doctor for my annual check up, so breakfast had to wait. When I returned home, I ate a boiled egg and bran muffin (small, homemade with apples, raisens and nuts).
I try to eat healthy most of the time. At age 62, I am pretty fit and want to stay that way for a long long long time......

no photo
Mon 03/23/09 02:35 PM
My comfort foods are varied. It depends on my mood. If I feel ill or fatigued, etc. I fix homemade chicken noodle soup. If I am hungry, I fix a roast (pork or beef) with potatos, carrots and gravy (even hot rolls). If I miss my Mom, I fix fried Chicken, Mashed potatos, Gravy, Peas and Iced Tea (it brings back memories of my teen years). Sometimes I crave chocolate. Sometimes I crave spicy foods or salty foods. I give in to my cravings because I feel my body is telling me it needs something that the particular food that I am craving has in it.

no photo
Mon 03/23/09 02:20 PM
A good addition to the ribs would be french fried or barbequed sweet potatos. I had Ribs baked slowly in the oven, along with french fried sweet potatos and a quarter head of cabbage(seasoned) All were baked in the oven together to conserve energy. I did not drink wine or dessert with it though. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 03/23/09 02:13 PM
I just purchased a cranberry pomegranite blend and it is too sweet for me. I prefer a little kick. My former husband made cranberry wine from cranberry concentrate for me and I loved it. I am down to my last bottle. I use it in cooking, especially if I am cooking turkey cutlet recipes. drinker

1 2 3 5 Next