Community > Posts By > ZenSoul79

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 09:44 PM
Full sentences in a profile is a good thing, it's well-written, lots of good attractive pics.
You are acing this!

Good luck with your search!:thumbsup:

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 09:35 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Sun 07/19/15 09:35 PM
Wouldn't hapen to be this film by any chance would it?
Because:
1. comedy
2: fictional, and therefore NOT by any means an accurate representation of the male mind.
3. This movie kinda sucked according to a ton of critics.

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 09:28 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Sun 07/19/15 09:30 PM

flowers

:heart:
God morning/afternoon/evening Debbie!
And right back atcha!
flowerforyou drinker smooched smitten

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 08:45 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Sun 07/19/15 08:45 PM

I think most sensitive people are some of the strongest out there.

I agree with this, because that's definitely the case with me.

Hmm...a kindred spirit. :smile:

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 08:08 AM
Thanks, all.

ZenSoul79's photo
Sun 07/19/15 08:08 AM

he is better at doing this now at 23 then he was at 16

it is not that it doesnt bother him anymore but he has learned how not to dwell on it and let it fester if ya know what I mean

he has also learned how to pick his friends more selctively
walk away from those that are negative
and he has learned how to open his mouth and speak out when someone says or does something that offends him

if that means calling a guy a deuche and flipping him off as he walks away? so be it

he has also learned how to date girls that are decent people to begin with

sounds like me when I was 23. He should be doing just fine.

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 07/17/15 04:03 AM

my oldest son was what I would call a 'sensitive child'

I use that term because that is how my mother described me as a little girl

with my son..I could just look at him when he did anything naughty..and he would burst into tears and ask me if I still loved him

wore his heart on his sleeve ..and as a teenager I had a talk with him about putting it in his pocket instead

think its just the way we are wired
born that way maybe
get our feelings hurt easily
cant take a joke
or we do not have very thick skin
or we look for injury an insult where other people may have ability to blow it off

or we learned this somewhere

"Get thicker skin."
I have a love/hate relationship with that phrase to this day. I used to think it was harsh or dismissive to some degree, but it really depends on the way it's used. People would say that to me and then not say much else when I asked them how to do that.
But then my friends and siblings and family would have to explain it to me, and I'd have to explain to them how extremely difficult it was for me to let certain things go because i felt things so deeply.
a lot of back and forth woth that over the years from loved ones.
In the end, my skin isn't any thicker, but my stength and resolve to let certain things go - after I've taken the time to emotionally work them out - has gotten more balanced as I've gotten older.
But everyone has different ways of coping with being sensitive.
And different levels of emotional intensity.
I was also bullied as a child, so that kind of stunted my ability to put myself out there to people, because I'm usually thinking "God I hope this person's not a complete loser."
I sincerely do hope that I'm able to like most people, though, but it almost never happens. I'm able to trust a few, but wary of the rest.
Plus on a site like this, full of scammers/spammers it pays to be one of the smarter guys in the room. ;)

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 07/15/15 10:37 PM
I'm a sensitive guy.
My mood can easily swing from good and calm one minute to very quiet and withdrawn the next, depending on the person and their remarks or overall behavior.
I tend to be one of the quieter, withdrawn types in a room full of people, and I'm taking small steps to try and change that, but I'm coming to terms with just basically giving my opinions a bit more often, sometimes even when not asked.
Sometimes people listen, sometimes they don't, and that's okay.
But it's difficult for me to deal with people who just comepletely have a dismissive or even harsh or almost ignorant or bullying attitude toward an idea i might have.
It still kind of pains me when I have ideas that either not a lot of people can be on board with (which is okay), or not a lot of people get (also cool), but when they hear it and just start laughing out loud or tell me "shut up I didn't ask you...not gonna lie, it sincerely guts me. To pretty even andthe point of almost absolute silence. To the point where I'm debating "well, I guess I can't hang out with this ignorant brick of a person anymore and I doubt we'll get along which is probably a shame because I WNT to like them, but now they just made it a TON more difficult to relate to them."
I know the rigmarole of "dude, get thicker skin," "man up", "don't be so sensitive," yeah, i've heard them all.
And you know what?
It's still gonna hurt sometimes. Especially if it's a person we want to be friends with or like us.
But then there are times when our sensitivity levels are pretty even, and we can roll with it more often than not.
It'll hurt, but we deal with it and move on. We realize it's not the end of the world if someone we're trying to gain the respect of doesn't respond in the way we want or would like them to.
And sometimes there are true jerks in this world. People who get a sadistic thrill out of being gut-punchingly sarcastic to the point where you barely want to hear what they have to say because a lot of it is barbed, or designed to provoke a negative response.
I'm not saying everyone's that way, of course.
But I'm also not saying that being as sensitive as I am, that I should go out of my way to subject myself to that kind of treatment on a regular basis just to be "in" with any group of people, or even an individual.
And the whole "get thicker skin" thing, I find really dismissive.
I just want to feel as if I matter. I think on some level, a lot of people want to feel that.
We want to feel included, noticed, cared for, want compassion, friendship, empathy.
But...we arent going to get that from everyone we meet.
people will be harsh with words for seemingly no good reason at all.
Which is kind of why these days, I walk into a room and think "God, I hope I come away from this already nerve-wracking social situation being able to like SOMEONE here, cuz ain't no guarantee they're gonna dig me."
sometimes they do.
And other times, not so much.
But in the end...maybe that's okay.
We do what we can, and say "F*** the rest if they don't get it."
The balance is you can still be a mix of sensitive yet strong.
It'll kinda hurt inside if you're sensitive and are hoping for the best and it truns out the person is a disrespectful jerk.
In some cases WE may even be thick-skinned enough to have pity for THEM. Because they'll never change, they'll never know what it is to be understanding or compassionate, or polite or decent.
They may be the life of the party but when the party's over, it could be that they're just as messed up as the rest of us.
But I'm not really the type to dwell on that, especially if they piss me off enough.
It's easier to just go off, be by myself for a bit, work through the sensitivity, meditate on it, write about it, take a walk, whatever.
But eventually I realize that they are jsut words. Words from one who doesn't know me. Who doesn't understand, and doesn't want to.
And their ignorance is something I pity.
And yet, I keep taking chances on people.
because maybe that's the lesson in and of itself.
everyone deserves a chance.

Currently, I'm still kind of searching for the balance between sensitive and strong.
My brain knows what it is. My common sense knows, too.
The heart's a different story when I feel things so strongly.
I'm not going to apologize if I don't have the thickest skin.
But i could be the guy who drowns his sorrows in alcohol, or drugs, or goes off in anger trying to start a stupid fight.
That's definitely not me. It could have been, at an earlier stage in my life, but I'm thankful it never was.

Maybe the strongest of us is the one who is sensitive...but uses it and channels it wisely enough NOT to fall into desperate vices. Or put down others when you disagree with their opinion.

had kind of a rough, sensitive week lately, and, well... that's kind of where I'm at.

Kind of exhausted, but also kinda proud when I consider how much worse off I could be.
So, for me, being sensitive isn't a bad thing.
It's something I'm trying to turn into a strength. In my own way.

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:47 PM
went to the city last year for two days and two nights.
fun trip.
Mostly ended up ambling through all the burroughs until my feet were sore, but the sights were definitely memorable.
I think this year I'll do Little Italy and chinatown.
If you'd like to accompany me, feel free to hit me up and we can chat about it.

Yours,
ZEN.

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:45 PM
Care to chat sometime?

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:45 PM
Care to chat sometime?

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:18 PM

Dang!!! Everytime you right something I am transported to the scene I can see it happening...Right down to her picking up her dress as she comes down the stairs..

Great job as usual my friend..

Thanks!

Wow, I think I'm at a solid 200th posts!
That's kinda nice.

ZenSoul79's photo
Tue 07/14/15 05:58 PM

Lights in the venue dim as you cooly take the small stage
in front of the full jazz ensemble.
Band strikes up.
spotlight swivels on your form.

And out comes your golden voice.

during your soulful performance I catch the breifest glimpse of a look,
a very confident look,
in my direction, sitting at a table near the front of the stage.

The edges of your lips curl up into a smile.
A smile that no one catches on your face.
But i suppress my grin.

Spotlight comes down as the performance ends,
the audience claps and praises the talent.
You give your thanks to the audience.

I stand as the crowd disperses,
and you make your way toward me, picking up the skirt of your dress as you walk down the steps.
I take your hand, helping you down and you accept.

I compliment you on your voice, your undeniable stage presence,
the way your singing transports me.
You blush and invite me to the bar for a drink,
catching more than a few looks in oour direction
from some of the other men as I place my hand on the small of your back,
and guide you to the bar.

Later, I don't know if it's been an hour or 45 minutes, but we spent a lot of the rest of that night talking, connecting, smiling, whispering things in eachother's ears, and sharing private jokes.
Your laugh is every bit as infectious as your singing voice.
I ask without a hint of irony if I can call you "siren."
You grin that knowing grin again, whispering something else into my ear.

I pay the bar bill.
I grab your coat and put it on you.
We walk out together.

Whether or not the rest of tonight goes my way or not,
I am forever grateful to spend any amount of time with
you, my remarkable lady.
My soulful songstress.
My beguiling siren.

That night, I hear you sing again.
Until sunrise.

-ZEN.

(Comments encouraged and appreciated. Thanks for reading!)

ZenSoul79's photo
Sat 06/27/15 08:17 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Sat 06/27/15 08:18 PM

A young boy asked his Dad, what is the difference between confident and confidential?

The father said, you’re my son. I am confident of that. Your best friend in school, he is also my son. That is confidential.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 06/26/15 10:33 PM

best wishes with that
the scammers dont read
and there is no cure for stupid

*sigh* lol

yawn

ZenSoul79's photo
Fri 06/26/15 07:26 PM
Made some tweaks because Im extremely tired of being hounded by scammers and stupids.
So my profile is for anyone who (by their actions) does not fit that category.

Girl: "I've never been so insulted in all my life!"
Me: (looking at my watch): "Oh, don't worry, it's early yet."

shades

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/24/15 10:13 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Wed 06/24/15 10:14 PM
A couple of friends were on the way to find their seats for one of the biggest sports events of the year. when they got to their row, they noticed there was one seat in the row with no one in it.
Next to that seat there was a rather elderly gentleman.
They got the elderly gentlemen's attention and questioned him on why the seat next to him was empty.
"Well, you see, my wife and I used to go and watch every single game here since the stadium opened. This is the first time I've been to a game without her," he said.
The two friends were sympathetic and apologized profusely to the man for his great loss, to which he thanked them.
Then they asked "So it's the biggest game of the year, and you're here all alone? You don't have any friends or family you could've contacted to come with you?"
"No," he said. "I'm afraid not."
The two friends asked him why not.
He replied "Because they're all at the funeral."

rofl

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/24/15 10:06 PM
Edited by ZenSoul79 on Wed 06/24/15 10:06 PM

When I try, you ignore.
when I give, I don't get back.
when I put myself in your vicinity, you do not take notice.
well....I'm done trying.
In a world of a billion or so willing women, I picked you.
You were preoccupied.
And it's too late now.
Last call. Closing up shop and moving on.
So when you see that girl on my arm with the killer smile, wonderful attentive personality, who happens to give me all the attention I desire because she took notice when you didn't...well, I wish i could say it was nice knowing you.
But you never gave me the chance.
She did.

Good luck and goodbye, Lost One.

Realy cool. I love this! Thanks

Thank you! Ive read some of your stuff too. Powerful and vivid, keep writing!

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/24/15 10:03 PM
Every single one of my good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Sitka.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person... Pancho, all of my sympatthies, man!
sad2

ZenSoul79's photo
Wed 06/24/15 07:12 AM

I want love

Then go out and get it.

Good luck.

waving

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 16 17