Community > Posts By > Lovely_Lady82

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:02 PM
I use firefox too, some days it does run slow, but I limit the amount of ad-ons that I use.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 11:54 AM
8, anyone that can put a tractor in their profile deserves it lol

no photo
Tue 07/28/09 05:46 PM
BitPim is a good program too, if you have a USB for your phone

no photo
Tue 07/28/09 05:26 PM

But aren't you basically stealing your neighbors' wireless connection?

no not really and its legal

It is perfectly legal. That is an open frequency. Like picking up a radio station. The person can secure there connection wit WEP or WPA encryption. If they don't it is free.

Exactly my feelings! Don't want someone on your network, secure it.

no photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:33 PM
I think this is a great idea!! My youngest son has Cerebral Palsy, a form of autism, sensory and auditory issues resulting from being born at 26 weeks gestation. He is doing remarkably well considering, it's definitely a challenge in and of itself.

no photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:15 PM
about $30 +
http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g-54Mbps/dp/B000FJJASO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248822889&sr=8-1

no photo
Tue 07/28/09 03:45 PM
She can, only if she gets a wireless USB hub to plug into the back of her desktop.
A wireless USB adapter is the easiest way to make a desktop PC wireless. The cons of using a wireless USB adapter are the signal strength which is considerably weaker than a wireless PCI card. Most people experience no problems with signal strength as long as they stay within range of the wireless router that's sending out the wireless signal.

Basically, installing a wireless USB adapter plugs into any available USB port. In reality, it only takes a matter of seconds to plug in a USB adapter and start using the internet without the wires.