Community > Posts By > KayaksJuliet

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 12:25 PM

link added, sorry.

Back on topic... heehee.

Thank you so much!flowerforyou Wow it is in there. Now check out this one. And do a find for the same thing "an alien" it doesn't show. Im not sure which one is more current as they both say the same quarter. Hmmmm.

http://www.azgovernor.gov/dms/upload/SB_1070_Signed.pdf

See what I was speaking of.frustrated

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 12:17 PM

i can see back in the 50's thru the 80's where that kind of black promotion was needed, but nowadays things have changed. anyone that is legal here has just as much of a chance to do anything they want to do if they try. maybe it is easier to sit back and cry about how things are so tough for one particular race, but the fact is the only people holding anyone back, including whites, is themselves.

I love the last part of that sentence. "the only people holding anyone back..." :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 12:13 PM

Does this mean Kayak can't come out and play no more?.......smokin

rofl rofl He always is welcome here. I am secure in our relationship and so is he.

But I had to ask this question for some honest answers as I was just yelled at for not being single thru email. whoa rofl

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 12:07 PM

Oh man, I posted the beginning of the stupid law back 6 post ago.

I bolded the part of the law that is promoting racial profiling.

I cannot help you anymore than that.

Point being...I can post whatever quote as well. whoa I have no idea if this information is outdated, etc. Why is it an issue to provide a link. I am TRULY interested in seeing this. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 12:04 PM

next, are we gonna ask why white folks cant have 'reservations' set aside for them?

come on people, read history, it gives a reasonable CONTEXT as to why certain groups had to have SPECIAL representation when the majority would NOT represent them....

do you think BET sprung up to keep white folks from being represented, or from a need for BLACK folks to be represented in an area where they were almost non existent

do you think HBCU's sprung up to keep white folks out of higher education or from a need for Black folks to have equal access to higher education,,,,,

CONTEXT is a very important thing for people to understand through all the generalizing...

Please forgive me. I have no problem with these things being in place. I truly dont. They are needed. But at the same time, if white in color did something to promote the growth of us...regardles of what it is. We would be labeled racist.

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:57 AM

The problem here is that terminology of "suspecting an alien on sight" is used.

How do you suspect an alien on sight without being discriminatory or racially profiling?

Considering that illegal aliens come from all over the world, they are white, black, brown, yellow, etc.... how do you pick them out on sight?

why does it matter?
seems like only people that have something to hide is worried about it.
they can pull me over and ask me, i don't mind.

I guess it won't matter if you are not "suspected of being illegal on sight" huh?

White folks have no understanding of being profiled because they do not get profiled by police at any level for anything.

Somehow unfair it would seem.

do you think white people are immune? you might not have an understanding of it, but i do. things need to get done in this country, and people whining about how unfair something needs to be thrown out the window. life is unfair, and my kids growing up to no jobs is unfair. everything is unfair, so lets be unfair and start getting our country decent agian.

Unfair will not make our country right again. LOL it will take us back to the good ole racist days in this country.

If you like it like that just go south here, you will see that the good ole racist days are still in full swing down there. The people are held back a little by some pesky ole laws but other than that they are still pushing their prejudice daily in large doses and believe there ain't nothing wrong with it.

Until a black president comes along and that makes them join the tea bagger party and scream impreach cause god forbid they have to be treated like they have been treating black folks for ages.

White folks do not understand oppression, discrimination, prejudice, etc... at all and speak on it like they do.
They have no clue.

Hell I had no clue until I opened my eyes and watched how black folks got talked about, treated, profiled, discriminated against. It was so sickening to me, I still want to puke thinking about it.

I see it to this day.

So no white person can tell me anything about profiling, discrimination or anything along those lines THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

Although a bit off topic. Ill go there for a moment. White in color people are discriminated all the time thru silence! When was the last time you saw a LEGAL...White "chamber of commerce" a white group that protects our rights against discrimination, or been passed over for a job, or get MORE government benefits because of our color?

In Tucson, there is a "black chamber of commerce", there is the NAACP, illegals get free health care and food stamps (i've seen it). We are the silent discriminate. I have no problem at all with these groups or businesses be around. BUT have one come up for a white in color person..We are sued and protested. So we do experience discrimination!

Considering that no white person suffers any discrimination at all i this country, it is a majority white and has had laws on the books giving whites superior treatment for most of the time we have been a country. If a white person get passed over for a job it is because the company has too many whites working for them already, quota, and they are needed to prevent prejudice employers from discriminating.

Noone get more benefits because of color that is a white supremacist propaganda tool that makes a fool of folks. I worked for the welfare department so I do know what I am talking about.

No white person suffers oppression or discrimination in this country. It is actually quite opposite, they get born with the white spoon in their mouths and have absolutely no clue what it is like to really struggle with oppression and discrimination.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

your funny... i want some of what your smokin or takinlaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I agree with MightyMoe. So you are saying that SPECIFIC groups such as whites not having the ability to have lets say a "WHITE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE" thats ok?

Again I find it interesting you quote things when you will not provide the link when asked. I checked the documents I listed and nowhere in there is "an alien". Show me...PLEASE! Enlighten me.

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:50 AM
Ok some people have been on here for quite a while and developed wonderful friendships. How do you feel about "a couple" being on this site..as long as they state they are in a relationship in their profile or thru posts. Does it offend you to look at a profile only to see they are taken?

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:33 AM

How do you suspect an alien on sight without being discriminatory or racially profiling?

Considering that illegal aliens come from all over the world, they are white, black, brown, yellow, etc.... how do you pick them out on sight?

why does it matter?
seems like only people that have something to hide is worried about it.
they can pull me over and ask me, i don't mind.

I guess it won't matter if you are not "suspected of being illegal on sight" huh?

White folks have no understanding of being profiled because they do not get profiled by police at any level for anything.

Somehow unfair it would seem.

do you think white people are immune? you might not have an understanding of it, but i do. things need to get done in this country, and people whining about how unfair something needs to be thrown out the window. life is unfair, and my kids growing up to no jobs is unfair. everything is unfair, so lets be unfair and start getting our country decent agian.

Unfair will not make our country right again. LOL it will take us back to the good ole racist days in this country.

If you like it like that just go south here, you will see that the good ole racist days are still in full swing down there. The people are held back a little by some pesky ole laws but other than that they are still pushing their prejudice daily in large doses and believe there ain't nothing wrong with it.

Until a black president comes along and that makes them join the tea bagger party and scream impreach cause god forbid they have to be treated like they have been treating black folks for ages.

White folks do not understand oppression, discrimination, prejudice, etc... at all and speak on it like they do.
They have no clue.

Hell I had no clue until I opened my eyes and watched how black folks got talked about, treated, profiled, discriminated against. It was so sickening to me, I still want to puke thinking about it.

I see it to this day.

So no white person can tell me anything about profiling, discrimination or anything along those lines THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

Although a bit off topic. Ill go there for a moment. White in color people are discriminated all the time thru silence! When was the last time you saw a LEGAL...White "chamber of commerce" a white group that protects our rights against discrimination, or been passed over for a job, or get MORE government benefits because of our color?

In Tucson, there is a "black chamber of commerce", there is the NAACP, illegals get free health care and food stamps (i've seen it). We are the silent discriminate. I have no problem at all with these groups or businesses be around. BUT have one come up for a white in color person..We are sued and protested. So we do experience discrimination!

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:24 AM
Teddy Bear:smile:

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:23 AM
USual

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:17 AM

Where does it say this.."suspecting an alien on sight". Please provide the link from what you quote. Because I just checked 4 documents on Jan Brewer's site about the bill and I can't find it. I would be interested in seeing it.

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:08 AM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sat 07/17/10 11:22 AM

if your an honest, law abiding citizen, whats the problem? I get pulled over all the time, and they either write me a ticket or let me go... because i'm law abiding. if they want to check me out, which they always do, i don't mind. they don't have to ask if i'm a citzen, the fact that i have a drivers license proves it. if they pull someone over and they don't have a drivers license, weather they are driving or not, shouldn't that be a flag? racial profiling is just an excuse people use to not get bothered by police, and only people that don't want to get bothered by the police are criminals.

Your white so you have no clue what it is like for the non whites.

I have seen racial profiling and it exists and its unfair.

Um Dragoness you never did respond to my post that included...

Can you post the original document (site) of SB1070 that shows in the content anyones specific race? Because I am not finding it and I would like to see.

Very interesting points. Here are my own:

If I drive a huge suburban,a van, or truck with dark windows and tons of "friends" packed in. I would expect to be pulled over anywhere in the border states. And Im white in color. If I run, when the vehicle stops..expect arrest. Point being is there or "signs" to look for.

Lets say on the street. I run when I see a police officer. I would expect to be chased.

In these cases they have probable cause to delay me and ask for identification at the very least. If I start shaking in my shoes when they ask questions...that would be suspicious.

In any organization you go to, work at, deal with usually requires thorough identification(Drivers License, Social Security Card, etc).

I drive(Phx to Tucson) all the time and live in this area so I have seen it.

As far as Boycotting AZ thats your choice. The state of AZ is considering boycotting the states boycotting us. Is this what we really want as a society?

Yes! Racial Profiling is out therefrustrated . But from what I have seen (living directly in it) there are not looking specifically at the color of your skin to target. (see above). And all my LEGAL hispanic friends are totally fine with this law.

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 11:00 AM

That's a huge portion saying they agree with AZ looks like Americans support the law

I wish I could have seen the poll. I have heard that is the consesus. Yet the Government that works for the people disagrees? How is this right?

There are lots of those like me out there who do not agree and do not get polled.

So lets find a way to VOTE on it. SERIOUSLY! Have THE PEOPLE heard! Instead of letting the government try to sue the state of AZ for enforcing the Federal Law!

no photo
Fri 07/16/10 01:29 PM
Just about time to pass it around... puff puff passsssssmokin smokin smokin smokin smokin smokin

no photo
Fri 07/16/10 01:25 PM
pitchfork Its soooooooooooooo hot outside! pitchfork grumble

no photo
Fri 07/16/10 01:21 PM
bumpbigsmile

no photo
Wed 07/14/10 10:02 PM

Wouldn't It be great if all women would just learn to cook ? ohwell

I mean how long is gonna take before women realize that the best and the surest way to man's heart is through his stomach "Real women don't cook" attitude that women have this days, just doesn't work pass the initial dating game.

If you want a happy mate (boyfriend/husband) cook for him like no other woman ever cooked before...and he may stray for some "strange" now and then, but he will always come back to you. flowerforyou

noway ~looks around~ when did we re-enter the dark ages? I can cook like a demon but EXPECT me to do it...you will starve. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 07/14/10 09:36 PM
I think you would look better without a beard but at the very minimum I would trim it about 2 inches up. My bf has a beard and mustache so Im not opposed to facial hair. Just like anything else..wear it well.:wink:

What you have listed on your profile is enough regarding your raising in religion, in my eyes.

Best thing to do...be yourself, be genuine, but most of all have fun!

no photo
Wed 07/14/10 09:17 PM
Thank you everyone for your input thus far. Part of my orginal point was how can we start effectively protesting the ludicris nature of some things that are going on in our Government legally. Obviously having representatives for us is not working. Any ideas other than the ones below in bold I have listed?

Our President has decided to sue the state of Arizona for, in a nutshell...racial profiling in the SB1070 Immigration Law. I believe this is a huge waste of taxpayers money considering there is NO reference to any particular race. Check it out yourself, straight from the Governor of Arizona site..

Type in the "find" box any race (black, white, hispanic) it will return with "no matches found"

http://www.azleg.gov/alispdfs/council/SB1070-HB2162.PDF

I believe we should protest this bold over reaction and waste of our money in some way. Either...
-Find a way for the Legal American People to vote on this issue (Obama's decision or the Immigration Law)all across the United States.
-Or maybe we should sue the President for gross misuse of our Funds/Investments.

What are your thoughts? Suggestions?

no photo
Wed 07/14/10 03:46 PM

I wish I could have seen the poll. I have heard that is the consesus. Yet the Government that works for the people are disagrees? How is this right?

IMO it more over who is in charge. The AZ law is based on the federal one, except AZ makes it clear that racial profiling isn't allowed (the fed one isn't that clear)

But if the feds won't enforce the law, then the states should have the right to.

Absolutely! The states facing the border are the ones directly affected with very little Federal help!

The people of the US need a more effective way of legally telling the Government what we want/need via polls, voting, bills, legislation, whatever it takes. Because the "majority" of the legal citizens wants and needs are not being properly represented...in my opinion.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25