Community > Posts By > KayaksJuliet

no photo
Mon 07/19/10 06:42 PM

And none of that helps the cause of the law promoting racial bias and discrimination.

The law promotes racial profiling and should be struck down.

noway surprised what what what

whoa Anyway. Ms Harmony and I were onto something pages back something to the effect. Lets try and get the law changed so that it adds people of all color reasonably suspected for committing a crime by being here illegally. Forgive me if this is NOT exactly quoted as such.

Then it removes this stupid "racial profiling" gig people are on and makes it absolutely clear! I have said it before and will say it again if they were to stop me, ask me questions, even detain me...fine if it helps the cause.

OK so with that in mind lets hear HOW we can get this accomplished? Where do we begin? Would anyone with government knowledge like to chime in? Do we start a bill? Do we file suit? I truly would not know the first step of where to look.

My suggestion was to try and somehow have the Legal American People put it to a vote and whatever it says ...yeah or nay...WE have spoken. Because lets face it both sides in the Government right now are playing with all of us to elect them when re-election comes around. We would save millions of dollars on a frivalous lawsuit by the president.

no photo
Mon 07/19/10 06:23 PM

Meh. I'd scalp the tickets smokin

rofl

no photo
Mon 07/19/10 06:20 PM
Quoted from: a Civil Rights Law Firm...

Reasonable Suspicion – A police officer needs probable cause to arrest someone, but he can stop someone to ask questions on the lower standard of reasonable suspicion. Reasonable suspicion means that the officer has enough information to make him reasonably suspicious that this person has committed a crime or has information about a crime that has been committed. The officer cannot arrest someone on the basis of reasonable suspicion alone. But he can do a general pat down search to check for weapons when he does stop someone on reasonable suspicion. If during that search he finds illegal weapons, drugs, or other substance, that may give him probable cause to make an arrest. Please see our Police Misconduct page. (See also, 42 U.S.C. § 1983, Probable Cause, Civil Rights, Freedom from Unreasonable Search and Seizure, Bill of Rights, Constitution.

Reasonable suspicion in Arizona... I have seen it in vehicles pulled over by Border Patrol and on news.

Using the words of Jeff Foxworthy..."you might be an illegal if...:"

* You are driving a MiniVan, truck, or low clearing vehicle (weight) with dark tinted windows.
* You have 8 people squeezed into a vehicle.
* If you work somewhere and you take off running or hiding whenever a uniform walks in the door.
* You get pulled over for a minor violation and your passenger runs off.

And let me just add..that applies to ALL people of color. Because its really hard in the majority of ARIZONA vehicles to determine RACE thru tinted windows zooming by and 75 MPH. There are signs that we are smart enough to rely on. flowers :laughing:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:49 PM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sun 07/18/10 08:50 PM
oops slaphead asleep asleep asleep asleep

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:49 PM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sun 07/18/10 08:50 PM
For you_dont_know_me

"Asia" Don't know why..just popped in my head.:smile:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:37 PM
:thumbsup: shades :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:08 PM

If you knew as much as you think you do, you would realize that SB 1070 just reinforces the federal law at the state level. And once again, nowhere in the law does it say ANYTHING about race.

I've read the bill in its entirety. True statement quoted.

Ditto! drinker

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:36 PM

Ok some people have been on here for quite a while and developed wonderful friendships. How do you feel about "a couple" being on this site..as long as they state they are in a relationship in their profile or thru posts. Does it offend you to look at a profile only to see they are taken?

No, it does not offend me in the least. There is no rule that says you can not be taken and not play in here, nor should there be. This place has been good to me, and now I am proud and happy to say in my profile.....""TAKEN""

And once you do add "Taken" to your profile, the chicks will come after you with a flurry. :tongue: laugh
yup

Did you try that Irish, just to see if you could get wimins??laugh :tongue:
what whats with the hatin

waving Awwwwwflowerforyou flowerforyou nobody's hatin'.:thumbsup: You're as cute as a button.bigsmile Flurring over to your profile rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:30 PM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sun 07/18/10 07:33 PM

For all us nice peeps that are giving the younger generation the time to carry on the world, there will be many that will rob, and murder for those tickets.....It would come down to the survival mode....

Yes.flowers If the world ended I would be happy knowing I lived my life and experienced tons. The future is in the young people who will carry on and hopefully learn from our mistakes.:thumbsup:

Im just surprised nobody said there spouse..to repopulate.:banana: rofl :banana:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:26 PM

There are citizens who speak Spanish in this country who may not have their id on them. They will at this point be harassed for being of Spanish descent not for being a criminal or even a suspect of a crime.

Not good.

it's a crime not to have your ID with you. they are breaking the law. they are criminally suspect.

Yep. And if I didnt have my ID on me when they asked I would expect them to further investigate. Carrying ID is the law. Now they have the same law at the airports..Carrying ID. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:59 PM

Only whites in this country discount racial profiling as no big deal because they will never suffer it and they know it.
So why do they give a **** about others.

It is actually sickening to see white folks allow discrimination.

That is why racism and discrimination survives to this day because white folks turn the other cheek to it.

its americans of all shades who are blind or apathetic to the racism which still occurs,,

:wink: Absolutely. Even caucasians.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:47 PM
drinks Happy Birthday drinks smokin :banana:

flowers

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:44 PM
After watching the movie 2010 it made me think...

The end of the world has come. You have been given two tickets to use for a limited space ark.

what Who would you take with or give the tickets too? And why?what

My choice. I would give both tickets to the niece or nephew who has a child or children. The future is theirs. :smile:

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:38 PM
The beauty of the earth. I love trees. I love seeing cactus or trees growing out of rocks. It shows me that nothing is impossible with endurance.flowers

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:35 PM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sun 07/18/10 02:02 PM

border patrol has increased its numbers three fold in the last decade, I think continuing that trend is just throwing pebbles at a BEAST,,,,,the only way to truly start diminishing the numbers is to attack their MOTIVATION for coming,,,

namely, those companies and employers continuing to hire/exploit them.... we should have a 'war on illegal employment', make it less profitable for those doing the hiring and they will stop, and those seeking work illegally will diminish as well..

I agree but it would be hard to implement. The people who are hiring illegals are very savy. They know how to buck the system. From my understanding we have already implemented higher fines and jail time but its not enough. We do need more Federal Govt intervention/help.

In the mean time, we have to attack the problem the best we know how. The strip of road I drive regularly is I10 Tucson to Phoenix.
Interstate closures due to illegal trafficing of humans and drugs. We have guns, swat, helicopters fighting the battle and it is only getting worse. We have officers and civilian lives being taken. We are understaffed and underfunded.

People don't see this as often nor hear about it. But we who live in AZ do. If we refer to this bill as any type of profiling..I would say it is criminal profiling. Because they are entering this country knowing they are breaking our laws, yet they do so anyway.

We have to let the Government know what we want..yay or nay. Represent ALL the people. Not just a collected few. (stats)

I still would like to see the people come out in some forum and just ask to be heard by a vote.

1. To get the majority of whatever the American Citizens want.
2. And to show the Government that "we the people" want our voices to be heard about ANY important decision.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:09 PM

Ok some people have been on here for quite a while and developed wonderful friendships. How do you feel about "a couple" being on this site..as long as they state they are in a relationship in their profile or thru posts. Does it offend you to look at a profile only to see they are taken?

No, it does not offend me in the least. There is no rule that says you can not be taken and not play in here, nor should there be. This place has been good to me, and now I am proud and happy to say in my profile.....""TAKEN""

And once you do add "Taken" to your profile, the chicks will come after you with a flurry. :tongue: laugh
yup

rofl rofl You go with thatwhoa rofl flowers

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 01:08 PM
Edited by KayaksJuliet on Sun 07/18/10 01:10 PM
oops frustrated: smokin rofl

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 05:36 PM

:thumbsup: drinker :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 05:34 PM

Ahahaha you stoners are funny laugh smokin

smokin Yep smokin Laughing and spreading joy and love to everyoneeeeeee smokin :banana: :banana: :wink:

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 05:11 PM

If you are a hispanic living in Arizona and support this law are you a racist also?The majority of hispanics living in Arizona do support this law.

They don't realize what they are supporting...lol

Oh really. This isn't a racist/profiling remark? Saying basically we are not smart enough to know. But you do?

Again,

I am saying that they do not realize what white racists can do to them until they are let lose on them.

Right now white racists are controlled some by the laws.

"They do not realize" = Illiterate; "what white racists can do to them" = Weak.

Nice. You pretty much shot them down as illiterate and weak in one post. You spin words more than a DJ spins records, so, much like your conservative counter-parts I have no doubt you will come back and explain this one off as well. And a lot like the conservative counter-parts, it won't make a whole lot of sense either.

Just because you don't want to take me at word value doesn't make anything I say "spin".

Your word out of how many other posters that disagree?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25