Community > Posts By > Shannonface

Shannonface's photo
Mon 02/23/09 11:01 AM
Think one of the only songs that has ever made me cry was "Concrete Angel" by Martina Mcbride.
I've cried during other songs, but usually not because of the song.
In that case, though, the song made me cry.

Shannonface's photo
Mon 02/23/09 02:32 AM
Well dear, you don't say much about yourself other than the points that might be considered baggage. Speaking from an objective point of view, not judging you.

20 years of marriage is a long time and some women might look at you as being set in your ways. And 4 children is a big responsibility, another thing that a lot of women might be afraid to tackle. Not that it's anything you can help. If they're grown, I would mention that.

I'd put more things that describe you as a person, rather than describe your trials and potential to bring drama.
You look like a nice person, and you're not hideous. I appreciate your honesty, as well. A rare attribute at times. Perhaps a little sugar coating leading to the baggage, may be more beneficial to your cause. :P

Sincerely,
Shannon

Shannonface's photo
Mon 02/23/09 02:23 AM
I'll indulge in this as well, I suppose, lol.

Shannonface's photo
Mon 02/23/09 02:19 AM
You'r ****in hot, and you seem intelligent!
What's not to like. I'd do ya. ;)

Shannonface's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:30 PM

don't think twice, it's alrite: bob dillon
vincent/starry starry night: don mclean
day is done: nick drake
in the year 2525, forgotten who sings it lol

I love that song, vincent by don mclean.

Shannonface's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:27 PM
One of two songs.

If I ever leave this world alive (Flogging Molly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA1DGClMKNs

or

In My Life (Ozzy Osbourne Cover of Beatles Classic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHEcWgqehX8

Love them both, so, it would be a tough decision.

Shannonface's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:19 PM
A comfy oversized t-shirt or nothing, lol.

Shannonface's photo
Sun 02/22/09 10:42 AM
Clingy people are oftentimes jealous people. I don't want someone hanging all over me all the time trying to control me. Don't get me wrong, I love affection, but, too much too often is desperate and unattractive.

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 11:30 PM
Sadly, more often than not, writers who have a passion for writing and use it to earn a living usually don't get to write about what they want to write about. I prefer to keep that part of me for myself. I've written some poems and whatnot, I guess I could try to write a book or something at some point. But, yea, realistically, being a new writer is crappy pay and passionless.

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 11:19 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure if you are what you say you are, but, I do think you're intelligent. :) And yea...I'm not exceedingly thrilled about the prospect of another failed relationship, that's why I put looking for dating for now. And, again, thank you for the compliment, lol.

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 10:59 PM
I went to school for data entry, so, yea, i can usually type over 60wpm. Job market right now blows though, so, im a waitress instead! Yay me! Thank you, and you seem intelligent as well. :P

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 10:45 PM
And thank you, vincent. Yes, I like to illustrate my points using words, which usually ends up being a length paragraph. :P

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 10:38 PM

And yea...I don't try to change men...I wouldn't want one to try to change me...so why do that to them? If you are unsatisfied enough with a person to try to change their behavior which is what should have drawn you to them in the first place....than you probably shouldn't be with that person.

Exactly! But I always get the "I love everything about you!" speech for the first three months, after which they decide they need to CHANGE everything about me....

I suppose if I met someone now, she would try to get me to stop writing books....

Well, don't you know, that's because most women are life-sucking demons intent on the destruction of man. lol :P

I just find it insulting to try to change someone. That goes with the whole "conforming to titles" thing, trying to portray all the sterotypical bull**** people assume is customary in a relationship.
I like to throw the "rulebook" out the window and do what I want.
As I've said before, flowing naturally is the best way to live. Doing otherwise is a lie, lies cause doubt. Doubt is a form of fear, fear destroys the foundation of the mind.

Shannonface's photo
Sat 02/21/09 10:20 PM
I find confidence, motivation, and assertiveness attractive. A nice smile and eyes are good too.
Let's face it, it's hard to look at someone romantically if one of their eyes is looking in a different direction like one of those horned lizard thingies. No offense, I've known people who have had eyes like that and some of them are really ****ing cool, but, I would be way too distracted wondering if they were looking at me or not. Kinda like trying to talk to someone wearing sunglasses, it makes my skin crawl cause you can't read the eyes. Eyes are the gateway to the soul and express intent. :P

...who doesn't like a cute butt??
Also, I find a little bit of chest hair to be sexy.
Ruggedly handsome over pretty boy anyday!
Like long hair, great for headbanging and running fingers through.
Sense of humor goes a long way!
Love people who can shoot **** with me without worrying about whether i'll be offended.

And yea...I don't try to change men...I wouldn't want one to try to change me...so why do that to them? If you are unsatisfied enough with a person to try to change their behavior which is what should have drawn you to them in the first place....than you probably shouldn't be with that person.
Pisses me off when I see those snooty women come to my restaurant with their families and order food for there husbands and when the man tries to speak up, the woman argues with them over what they want claiming they know them better than they know themselves, some of those dudes tuck there tail between there legs and take it.
Tell you what, if a man did that to me, he would be knocked out cold on the floor and i would be out the door, lol.
I'm interested in a no assembly required package that thinks for himself and doesn't have mental problems. lol.

-shannon

Shannonface's photo
Fri 02/20/09 01:28 AM
And she has her own potty, btw...i don't want anyone to think i let her shove random things in the toilet bowl and splash in bacteria-ridden water...cause i don't...lol.

Shannonface's photo
Fri 02/20/09 01:26 AM
Yea, i recently started potty training my daughter. She seems to prefer shoving things in the toilet to going to the bathroom in it, but, she thinks its fun to sit on it as well, so, we'll see how it goes. It's just tough to tell when she has to go sometimes and know when to sit her on it, and i work over 40 hours a week, lol. Don't think the cheerio thing applies to girls, any tips on girl training?

-Shannon

2 Next