Community > Posts By > a_shields

a_shields's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:48 AM

Whenever you are just starting a job it's best to keep things on a professional level for a while. If you have trouble with interpersonal relationships than you should keep it "just business" for 6 months and then re-evaluate.

noted, thank you.

a_shields's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:33 AM
I need to know how close I should get to the people I work with. It is a 6 person ice cream shop (including owner/wife).

I want to function as best as possible in my job + not hurt anyone. I'm amazingly people-stupid, so the friendship thing might be risky. Not sure.

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 10:55 AM

Is it that your not looking for a relationship and your afraid thats what would transpire

I am afraid she will like me too much, and that she will hide that from me. I do some things (to focus and stay awake) that a person in love with me might be hurt to see.

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 09:10 AM

Babe- I am the last person you need to explain yourself to.. Dont be so defensive you asked for my opinion and I gave it !!!!!!!!
I am sorry for your childhood !!! I hope you find what your looking for.. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

><

sex

I said the possibility of it, even if sex will NOT happen, is a driving force in my level of focus and attention. It is not that I'm "looking for sex". It is that I'm only able to socialize with people who embody the first real relationship I had - a girlfriend. Sex is not a requirement. Sexual tension is. It is the only thing that keeps my brain awake enough to speak and think with other people about things NOT related to computers or science.

Is there some way to do that without hurting women?

I think that depends on the female and if your upfront about what your looking for.. Alot of women "say" they wont get attached and that they want the same thing then when it happens you have your next stalker

I don't care about someone stalking me. I care about hurting someone with my actions.

Can a single girl and guy be friends and sexually attracted to each other without sex? Or is that a terrible idea.

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 08:52 AM

oh well that explains the aggression in the other thread.

Link me please. I want to understand what I said and why now.

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 08:52 AM

Babe- I am the last person you need to explain yourself to.. Dont be so defensive you asked for my opinion and I gave it !!!!!!!!
I am sorry for your childhood !!! I hope you find what your looking for.. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

><

sex

I said the possibility of it, even if sex will NOT happen, is a driving force in my level of focus and attention. It is not that I'm "looking for sex". It is that I'm only able to socialize with people who embody the first real relationship I had - a girlfriend. Sex is not a requirement. Sexual tension is. It is the only thing that keeps my brain awake enough to speak and think with other people about things NOT related to computers or science.

Is there some way to do that without hurting women?

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:09 AM
Pic #5 is cute+sexy.

a_shields's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:04 AM

Your profile seems just fine to me !!!!!!
If you want honest answers its best to get them from both sexes wouldn't you think??? There are alot of males and females that have had good luck so why not ask some of those males that us women perv

I'd like to (possibly) have sex with a person I meet. That is a wonderful pasttime, and a delicious tease in the back of my mind when having conversation. It drives my brain to stay awake and focus, because I am interested in the person I'm talking to.

I suppose you might say girls make me smarter.

That makes sense but you were asking I thought for some honest feedback I thought Not for sex

Maybe this is more accurate - I grew up abused by my father, was not allowed social interaction, father answered the phone when girls called and said "my son doesn't date girls". Had to fight bullies constantly because of no friends. Got hurt badly once, and the school and my dad did nothing, then sent me back to school the next day. 6 hours in a classroom with a person that was stomping your chest with steel toe'd boots on the hallway floor while 30 people watched and did nothing.

Ok. That was too much information, but I needed to say that somewhere. It really bothers me. Point is - I cannot relax or communicate with or around men. Women are my only form of contact with humanity. It is a problem, and I want to change it, but am not sure how.

a_shields's photo
Fri 06/12/09 12:53 PM

"I tell the owner what can be done with computers and networks to help his store function better.

They usually say they can't afford it, or that the technology is just too complicated and hard to maintain.

Their competitor stole their idea. That business is down the street, selling bad copies of the good or service. They have a streamlined computer system, website, and advertising.

This makes me angry."\

Stop being angry at the competition/ "idea stealers", those that offer crap goods but at the same price and make a bigger profit etc. They have nothing at all to do with the reason you walked into that business and should not be allowed to be a part of the conversation because competition is irrelavant in sales.

You told the owner how to better his business, if he cared enough to listen you would have sold him on your idea. But is sounds to me like instead of overcoming objections...you enjoy sitting down and having a ***** session with them.

Maybe sales isn't for you...

I took a great deal away from that, and am printing your words to be used as a future defense against this same state of mind again (should it be reached).

Thank you.

a_shields's photo
Fri 06/12/09 11:44 AM

Seek therapy.

:thumbsup: Lots.

And Anger Management. :thumbsup:

if i'm not angry, what reason do i have for helping people beat their competitors?

Are you saying that anger is your only motivation? Not doing a good job? Not teaching and helping others?

I'm not sure what a good job is - or even truly what teaching is. I think in the result of my actions. I think of what will happen when I put two computers and a router in a coffee shop. I think about how people will use it. I think about how people's lives will be impacted by using my information system 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. I think about the morality of creating this system for 1 business when another down the street does not have it.

I enable people with technology. How do I pick who to enable. What if I endable the wrong people.

a_shields's photo
Fri 06/12/09 11:40 AM

Seek therapy.

if i'm not angry, what reason do i have for helping people beat their competitors?

ambition...

success...

competitiveness....

pick one dude.

bill gates did that. i have no desire to be that kind of monster.

a_shields's photo
Fri 06/12/09 11:38 AM

Seek therapy.

a_shields's photo
Fri 06/12/09 11:34 AM
Edited by a_shields on Fri 06/12/09 11:34 AM
I meet someone as a customer in their store. I purchase some good or service. I see what they are selling, and consider it a thing "human" - that is something that helps us more than hurts.

I tell the owner what can be done with computers and networks to help his store function better.

They usually say they can't afford it, or that the technology is just too complicated and hard to maintain.

Their competitor stole their idea. That business is down the street, selling bad copies of the good or service. They have a streamlined computer system, website, and advertising.

This makes me angry.

I am walking around creating corporate level information systems for mom and pop businesses, and my motivation is anger at their competitor's idea theft and profit hoarding.

I function on anger. What is wrong with me. How do I use what I know to help and not hurt people.

a_shields's photo
Thu 06/11/09 07:09 PM

I'm wearing -a sweatshirt, jeans and a pair of crocshappy

What are your favorite things to wear when you're by yourself

or just like to be comfortable?bigsmile

a keyboard. my floating table is too high up to use. goddammit.

a_shields's photo
Thu 06/11/09 04:47 PM

Your profile seems just fine to me !!!!!!
If you want honest answers its best to get them from both sexes wouldn't you think??? There are alot of males and females that have had good luck so why not ask some of those males that us women perv

I'd like to (possibly) have sex with a person I meet. That is a wonderful pasttime, and a delicious tease in the back of my mind when having conversation. It drives my brain to stay awake and focus, because I am interested in the person I'm talking to.

I suppose you might say girls make me smarter.

a_shields's photo
Thu 06/11/09 11:04 AM

Torn between fingers as digits ~ and the quantity Tony is holding as a number, I am unable to find a witty response. (*emoticon looking down and to the left with frown curving sharply at each end*).

a_shields's photo
Thu 06/11/09 10:58 AM

let me get yo digits smitten

Don't you have ten of your own?

a_shields's photo
Thu 06/11/09 10:53 AM
Pictures and text are new. Ladies, please tell me if something does not make sense, or if it is irrelevant to what people on this site would want to know.

Thanks (*emoticon goes here*)

a_shields's photo
Tue 05/26/09 07:25 PM

a_shields's photo
Tue 05/26/09 05:05 PM
I don't have to move fast.

There is no great threat over the horizon. I am not the symbol of my parents' teachings. I am not a trophy for someone to parade in front of their family. I am not the unmoving protector deceived by false weakness.

I am not a weapon to be used in someone else's fight.

I am not the devoted follower of someone else's crusade.

I am a human standing in a field. Other humans dot the landscape. If I choose, I can be near them. If they choose, they can leave, or be near me. I am free to play with making things, or with serving things, or with talking.

If I move fast, I choose to move fast. If I design software, I choose to design software. If I am angry, I choose to be angry. If I am tired, I choose to be tired.

My skin is my own. Upon it I write the only complete definition of what I am - Human.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14