Community > Posts By > LadyDragona

LadyDragona's photo
Thu 03/12/09 04:06 PM
I'm watching Green Acres- I love Eva Gabor ;)

LadyDragona's photo
Mon 02/16/09 10:55 AM
There was an animated movie made in the 70's I think. It started out live action but as soon as the boy crawls through a box (I think) he ends up in a whimsical, animated world. He comes across a Whether Man (yes whether not 'weather') and a dog that eats A's which look like apples. The boy makes some other friends and I remember at the end he meets this creepy, faceless man who gives them odd tasks like picking away at a mountain with a needle until its all gone and moving a large pile of sand from one place to another one grain at a time with a pair of pliers.

Does anyone else remember that movie and might know of the title? Its torturing me.

Plus another great older movie is Flight of Dragons ^^

LadyDragona's photo
Fri 02/13/09 11:15 AM
By the way, Fairy, I love your avatar. I have that picture on my laptop and as album art for a song on my ipod.

LadyDragona's photo
Wed 02/11/09 03:58 PM
Welcome kalenkatastrophe!!! waving

flowerforyou

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:35 PM
Does anyone remember The Pirates of Dark Water?

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:32 PM

The two paths at their core are not compatible, however for everyone who moves from book religion to personal spirituality there is a transition period of "making" them compatible. Again, one of the many great feats of being able to shape the paths we've chosen.

I disagree. Religion serves only one purpose and that is to connect with God/dess. However you do that is your religion. And, if you are making that connection then who cares how you got there? There is no transition time. The whole thing is a constant and ever changing evolution.
Well said Ruth. It's kinda like how I used to fight with my old math teacher. As long as I got the correct answer why do you care how I got it? Why is your way better than mine if they are both still right in the end?

*nod nod* Another thing I love about Paganism is that you don't have to jump through hoops to say you are one- you are if you are.

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:15 PM
Exactly. I remember when I took an anthropology class awhile ago it was focused on religions, more specifically on witchcraft and shamanism.I learned that in Japan many of the people have at least two different spiritual paths and it was completely normal for them. After learning that I felt like I was struck my the lightning storm of obviousness. "I can pick more than one path!? yay!"

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:07 PM
That's awesome! For awhile I tried to do the same but after awhile I realized that I just didn't feel anything from Catholasism and finally started making the rest of the switch over.

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:02 PM

<-----Virgin Mary worshipper.
laugh laugh the funny thing is Ruth when I was typing that... I was thinking about you. You're one of the exceptions flowerforyou

Yeah, I always wondered what they'd do to me at mass if they knew the truth about me. :tongue:

Ooooo, do I sense another ex-Catholic (or current catholic with other worshipping paths)

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 04:23 PM
Uhh, oldest cartoon called Hercules I remember is Disney's and I'm sure that's not the olne you mean.

LadyDragona's photo
Tue 02/10/09 04:09 PM

I absolutely can not believe that no one has seen Fritz the Cat, OMG!!

I have! I'm a huge R Crumb fan. I really liked Bakshi's "Wizards" too.

I haven't heard of Fritz the cat but I definately remember Wizards. I should rent that again...

LadyDragona's photo
Mon 02/09/09 10:26 PM

Aragon was a good one that come out recently.

Eragon was atrocious. One of the worst films of all time lol. Not only does it ruin the books, but they wont ever make a sequel of this movie bc it bombed so badly and was so terrible in every aspect of filming: directing, cinematography, narrative, editing. just horrid

Well, I personally don't care about either the book or the movie. The only dragonriders I care about live on Pern and fight Thread.

The day one of those gems by Anne McCaffery are turned into a film I will go to the midnight showing, dressed in as best a costume as can be, keep my expectations very low and....well..then probably buy the soundtrack if nothing else because at the moment who knows if it'd be good or not since it's just a "what if" scenario. ^^;

LadyDragona's photo
Mon 02/09/09 10:22 PM
That's okay- dorky is cool with me too. ^___^

LadyDragona's photo
Mon 02/09/09 04:16 PM

Heavy Metal bigsmile

Taarna was and still is one of the best characters EVER!!!...Next to Helga Sinclair from Atlantis: The Lost Empire ^^

LadyDragona's photo
Mon 02/09/09 04:13 PM

*waves to everyone* Greetings!

Hello Lady welcome to the thread!waving

Thank you! I didn't know about this thread before and I hope to meet a lot of new people and make friends- especially the nerdy ones like me ^^

LadyDragona's photo
Sun 02/08/09 11:04 PM
Thanks for letting me know ^_^

LadyDragona's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:54 PM
Thank you- I do appreciate it, I just like to laugh at myself I guess.

LadyDragona's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:50 PM
I have taken it too. But there is only so much money and time a part-time working college student has.

*looks over the log so far and giggles* And it figures- just as it is in real life, this room so far shows that I can only attract guys so far.

LadyDragona's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:46 PM
Ouch, that's a bit far for me, especially since i don't have my own car...*checks Amtrak prices*

LadyDragona's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:43 PM
*waves to everyone* Greetings!

Previous 1