michelake's photo
Sat 10/18/14 12:16 PM
hey mekayla.

Just visit the forums. So people get to know you and
you will get to know them also.

Welcome to the forum.

michelake's photo
Sat 10/18/14 12:42 AM
I lived there on the countryside for 6 months. I been to Manila, Cebu Tacloban. And i spend a long time in Ormoc city. I survived the supertyphoon Yolanda. And witnessed the kind and warm spirit of the people there. Even after the disaster, people where more then willing to help out. Even when they also lost their house like me. They are the kindest people i have met this far. Especially in the countryside.

michelake's photo
Fri 10/17/14 12:26 PM
Edited by michelake on Fri 10/17/14 12:29 PM
"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

This kind of slander. Like he did not know what was going on before.
And would not also do the same thing when he would be in his position.

michelake's photo
Fri 10/17/14 11:35 AM
@Lpdon

You think this kind of slander is new in politics ?
Hmm ok..

michelake's photo
Fri 10/17/14 07:03 AM
Edited by michelake on Fri 10/17/14 07:48 AM
Noam Chomsky was right when he did not run for president.
That is why he is still credible now. Instead of having to
compromise his ideas. Or having them denied and overruled.
By narrow minded people in politics.

oops offtopic

If you adress an individual on behaviour that is hurting others. Then it is a good thing.
If you adress the negative actions of an individual on a whole group. Then it is bad.

Whether it is black or white. It does not matter.

People should watch Star Trek more often happy

michelake's photo
Thu 10/16/14 12:52 PM
Welcome to the forum

michelake's photo
Thu 10/16/14 10:30 AM
Welcome to the forum

michelake's photo
Thu 10/16/14 07:40 AM
Edited by michelake on Thu 10/16/14 07:44 AM
Russia is testing an experimental vaccine. Called "Triazaverine"
And they are very positive about it. They say it is 70-90% efficient.

Monsanto wants a piece of the pie also off course.. Maybe the
whole cake if they could a patent on that too. laugh

It would also not surprise me as been said before by msharmony. That there is already a cure for Ebola.

I think when this turns into a pandemic. Then the cure will be brought
"miraculously" on the market. Then it will be a question of who can afford the vaccine. But off course that is my speculation.

michelake's photo
Thu 10/16/14 05:06 AM
Edited by michelake on Thu 10/16/14 05:16 AM

Why are "white traits" the ones "best suited" for living in the majority culture? Since whites are at 63% of the population today and set to become the non-majority *race* in 2050, will the U.S. abandon those *good* traits (getting an education, speaking well, acting responsibly, etc.) once the 'Browning of America' has been accomplished? Will all whites suddenly lose their ability to drive, begin speaking only in Ebonics, and all quit work and become "lazy" on the same day?

For the third time, "acting white" takes all the *good* traits of a nationality and reserves them exclusively for one segment of the population, based strictly on skin color, regardless of that person's birth origin.

Uh, it appears that you missed the part of my last post that says "Now, I agree that there are examples of black Americans being compelled to make cultural adaptations that are absolutely unnecessary."

Again, we are talking about cultural issues, not racial issues.

Specifically, we are talking about the majority culture in the USA, which isn't "white" but rather, it is a blend of elements from a variety of cultures.

For example, the majority language comes from England, and the genre of music called "Rock and Roll" (if I am not mistaken) comes from the African-American culture.

By the way, I didn't label so-called "white traits" as "good traits".

I am merely being pragmatic about majority cultures. You do well to adopt traits of the majority culture that will help you to be successful while living within that culture.

Not all traits of the majority culture need to be adopted in order to obtain success.

By the way, I still want to know just what traits are alleged to be specific "white" traits.

Anyway, mrld_ii, I am glad that you and I can have a polite discussion even if we have disagreements.

let me lay it on the line as simply as possible

in AMERICA, due to the HISTORY of America concerning race

and due to this being a capitalist society where money rules

there is a socioeconomic STATUS shared more often by blacks than by others that is at the bottom of the caste (socioeconomic and political),,and so,,,in certain types of environments,, like urban areas and ghettos, we are more likely to see BLACK people (not exclusively, but mostly) and so the culture we see come from urban areas and ghettos becomes accepted as a 'black' culture

there is a socioeconomic STATUS shared more often by whites than others that is the top of the caste (socioeconomic and political) and so in certain enviornments, like suburbs and rural,,, you are more likely to see WHITE people(not exclusively but mostly) and so those cultures become accepted as 'white' culture

now,, imagine, someone growing up in America and speaking as if they were from England , using the vernacular, and the slang, ,,,I imagine without having any hatred for England, or feeling superior or inferior,, people may say ,, 'why are you speaking like you are English, or acting like you are English,,,,'etc

it is the same here, we associate certain 'cultures' with a race based upon the socioeconomic and political history and the media,, so when we see a 'vanilla ice' for instance dancing and hip hopping as if he is familiar with urban life,, and then find that he is from a posh upper class area,, he gets chastised for 'acting black'

,,because its not GENUINE ,,,,

however, there can be someone else , like say jon b, who grew up in a minority environment exposed to music by minorities ,,,performing r and b and speaking urban,,, people will also accuse him of 'acting black',,,,,when he is only acting 'urban',,,which is genuine to what is expected since that is his roots,,,

there are people who 'act' the part,, and there are people who just are who they are,,,and plenty of people grown and child alike, leap to these judgements before knowing the context or the history of the person they are judging,,,

THAT would be wrong,, jumping to the conclusion of someone being disingenuous

however, rightfully assessing someone being disingenuous , would not be wrong

,,,,,there is a time and place for everything,, people are very ADAPTABLE,, blacks have had to be VERY ADAPTABLE,,,so its not necessary to behave in one way in all situations all the time,,, we can be posh if we need to be and we can just chill if we are in casual company,,,,,

I disagree with there being one way to 'act black' or 'act white',, however I also disagree that those distinctions are always about a sense of superiority or hatred,,,

Very well said :banana: flowerforyou

This pretty much sums it up for me :
",,,,,there is a time and place for everything,, people are very ADAPTABLE,, blacks have had to be VERY ADAPTABLE,,,so its not necessary to behave in one way in all situations all the time,,, we can be posh if we need to be and we can just chill if we are in casual company,,,,,"

michelake's photo
Wed 10/15/14 05:44 PM
Links ?
Nah.. don't worry.. my computer was already infected with spyware laugh

michelake's photo
Wed 10/15/14 05:34 PM
Edited by michelake on Wed 10/15/14 05:39 PM
@ NoMindGamesPlease

Would that have been me that you mistakenly send a message to ? laugh
I already thought it was a mistake. Because i saw your name on the forum where i was posting.
Today i messed up too. By mistakenly clicking on a guy his name laugh But i was just trying to read the forum text.

I usually put this in my profile: "If i do not respond to your message, please do not feel offended by it. Because i do not like to send a message back and reject someone with it. I rather prefer to be silent then.
What i define as beauty is different from person to person. Who am i to judge you ?
I am only following my heart."

This seems to help... I never get any bad replies back :smile:

michelake's photo
Wed 10/15/14 03:31 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

michelake's photo
Wed 10/15/14 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum

michelake's photo
Wed 10/15/14 04:04 AM
@ Massagetrade

Yes you understood me :)

@ Lpdon

Quote wikipedia:
"The racial demographics regarding serial killers are often subject to debate. In the United States, the majority of reported and investigated serial killers are white males"

As i already said earlier. Is that Psychologists over the course of years change their point of view. So maybe serial killers will be outnumbered by lets say Asians in 2019 in the USA for example.

But when i put a quote on a forum. And stating that most serial killers are white. Based on what many psychologists have published before. As shown in the quote of Wikipedia. And i adress a group of people. In this case "white males" And state that the majority is a serial killer. Then they will feel the urge to defend themselves. Which was my way of showing what this topic initially was all about.

michelake's photo
Tue 10/14/14 12:52 PM
@ Dodo_David

Despite the good intentions that you have with this topic. I do not think it
is the right place. I think that when you would be standing in front of a classroom.
And warning the children there. In a fashion that is not patronizing and that they can comprehend, then
it would be better. You adress people on a forum that are already educated. And
some will feel hurt. Because they did everything to make a change in their life.
And now feel like they have to defend themselves.

@ Conrad_73

Your quote "BTW,the Piece you find so appalling,and blame me for, was actually written by Bill Cosby,a wellknown black Comedian"
Well Conrad_73... Your a white Comedian... Only, you just do not know that yet...

You really think that Cosby thinks that of all Afro Americans ?

In Forensic profiling most white men are serial killers.
Does that make everyone on this forum a serial killer then ?

Stop quoting famous people. And then hide behind their names.

michelake's photo
Tue 10/14/14 10:25 AM
Conrad_73 You are truely the impersonification of contradiction.
rofl
i rest my case..

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 17 18