Community > Posts By > Angelee

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 11:07 PM
Well... having never had the problem of more than one love interest at once, I'm not quite sure what the correct answer is. I will say this, though...

The first one - the one who is too polite and doesn't drink much, yet doesn't seem to have motivation to better himself. Have you asked him what his goals are? Maybe he just needs some time to figure things out.

The second one... I automatically get a red flag when you say that he drinks 3 or 4 beers every day. I think that's called an alcoholic... or at least on the way to becoming one. Having dated - and deeply loved - an alcoholic before, it brings into the picture a HUGE amount of disappointment and heartbreak.

While sometimes a "challenge" is fun, sometimes all it ever really is is a challenge. And it gets old sometimes. I'm not sure why people have a tendency to choose the more difficult route, but there is a lot to be said for being dependable, loyal, sweet and thoughtful.

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:57 PM
uplifting

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:56 PM
purgatory

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:54 PM
saturating

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:52 PM
Hm... social class is really a very broad idea. I never really thought that I cared about it until I got older.

I have dated several people in a so called "different" social class than myself. And, although the initial attraction I felt was intense and passionate - all that good stuff - after a while, I found myself wanting to be with someone that I had more in common with. And I think that, to some extent, that means the same social arena. Is it derogatory... I don't think so. However you define social status. I have many friends that fit into all sorts of demographics. And I love them all. But, I love the idea of meeting and being with someone who loves books and values intelligence and learning. Who would rather have a savings account than a case of beer every night.

Reading this, I sound like a snob, even to myself. But I don't think that holding strong to my personal values is the same as saying that I think that I'm better than anybody else... or worse than anybody else, either.

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/28/09 10:24 PM
jacob's

Angelee's photo
Mon 01/26/09 05:52 PM
I LOOOOOVVEEE hugs!! Yay...

sad sad sad sad tears tears tears sad

sadly, I do not have the opportunity much to either receive, or give... except for when I'm with my nieces and nephews

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:42 PM
alright! Well, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:24 PM

**** the masses! Why do people have to answer stupid questions for stupid people?

The question actually goes to the heart of our constitution. The fact is that the court case was delayed many times to the point that it would have damaged the Union for the case to have been heard.

The question SHOULD have been answered before the election, because it is a requirement to be elected president.

I'm really not sure why you think it's a "stupid question" to wonder if a candidate is eligible to be President. We are a country of laws and nobody is above them, not even Barack Obama.

At this point, it's too late for the answer to do anything but damage the Union, so I say "move on...", but to say "**** the masses"? noway

I guess, in my mind, that it is obvious that Obama is a citizen, because if he wasn't, they wouldn't even consider letting him run for the presidency. That's my line of thinking... I'm sure they have to be able to prove themselves before they run. I guess, when I say masses, I refer to the idiot masses that really are only ganging up on Obama because he has a strange name or is not white. And that is ridiculous. If Obama was a white man, I guarantee he wouldn't be experiencing this... OR if he were black with a name like Sam Jones...

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:17 PM
You should see if they do... lol... not that I'm telling you what to do, but I really enjoyed it a lot! I also liked the Valkyries and the Pilgrimage, although not as well as the other two. I was also told that if I enjoy Coelho, then I would probably enjoy the story the Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino...

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:59 PM

C. S. Lewis

J. R. R. Tolkien

Dean Koontz, (earlier books)

Dalai Lama- The Art of Happiness

Eckhart Tolle

M. Scott Peck- The Road Less Traveled

Mitch Albom

Chopra

John Grisham

John Clancy

Paulo Coelho

I'm a big reader...LOL

Fav book????

Too many to list.....

I LOVE Paulo Coelho... and Mitch Albom, as well! What is your favorite Coelho book?

The Alchemist-very moving

Yes... I read the Alchemist when I was in college. I found it to be so full of wisdom. It was one of those that really helped me grasp the depth of myself - the "magic" so to say. I really enjoyed Veronika Decides to Die, as well.

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:56 PM

Probably young like you said. also where was the dad in that situation he is as much to blame as the mother.

So easy to have sex and forget the implication, every time a dad leaves his child and disappears he should get a 18 year sentence for being a coward.

First of all... why just the father? Abandonment is just as much an issue for women. That being said...

Noone ever knows the whole story. The mother (or father, since we do not know WHO it was that laid the baby on the porch) may be sick or young... or all those things already mentioned by other posters. We can NEVER really know the whole picture unless we are the ones inside of the frame. So, it is important that we never judge. If the abandoning parent has to live with his or her choice for the next forever, then it is possible that he or she will punish themselves enough. It's all about grace... it is our responsibility to extend it to even those that we may think are outside the bounds of that grace.

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:48 PM

NT

Paul, who aproves of slavery, orders slaves "honor their masters" and to obey their them "in all things as unto Christ."

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ. Eph.6:5

huh Has any follower of Jesus Christ ever owned a slave?huh

TRUE followers? Or Self-Proclaimed followers? I know a lot of people who have been baptized in Jesus' name, yet have no idea of what it means to lead a "christian" lifestyle...

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:42 PM

C. S. Lewis

J. R. R. Tolkien

Dean Koontz, (earlier books)

Dalai Lama- The Art of Happiness

Eckhart Tolle

M. Scott Peck- The Road Less Traveled

Mitch Albom

Chopra

John Grisham

John Clancy

Paulo Coelho

I'm a big reader...LOL

Fav book????

Too many to list.....

I LOVE Paulo Coelho... and Mitch Albom, as well! What is your favorite Coelho book?

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:40 PM
Sadly, I did not know anything about Obama's citizenship being questioned. However, I think it's ridiculous to demand that he "prove" it in order to quell the masses. **** the masses! Why do people have to answer stupid questions for stupid people? And, as was said in here before, no matter what Obama proves or disproves, it will not change the fact that some of the most ignorant citizens will change their opinions about him. They will just find something else about him. I think that Obama is quite an intelligent man... and an intelligent man knows that sometimes silence is the best answer...

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 02:27 PM
Hmmmm... it's kind of hard for me to narrow it down. Anything by Barbara Kingsolver, Rebecca Wells, Fannie Flagg, Phillip Gulley... I turn to these when I want to read feel good stuff about the intricacies/intimacies of love and friendship... although Barbara Kingsolver's depth goes in a little different direction than the others.

When I just want to read something fun, then I read Carl Haiassen and am now being turned on to Tim Dorsey...

Growing up my mom was a librarian at our city library. She has GREAT taste and seems to know how to help a person choose a book... so, it's been a while since I've read a bad one!!

Angelee's photo
Wed 01/21/09 01:36 PM
levitation

Angelee's photo
Tue 01/20/09 05:03 PM
ratatouille

Angelee's photo
Tue 01/20/09 04:04 PM
jeopardy...
house...
grey's anatomy...
l word...
hehe.. .and so you think you can dance

Angelee's photo
Mon 01/19/09 07:18 PM
I believe that both men and women are polygamous/promiscuous by nature. It is natural to want to reproduce as often and with as many different members of your species as you can. It ensures survival and increases genetic deviation. However, the one thing that separates us from other animals is free will. With that, we can choose not to "give in", if that's what you want to call it, to those animal urges. Haha... that being said, there are some other animals that are monogamous by nature, such as penguins and swans....