Community > Posts By > luckylucyd

luckylucyd's photo
Sun 02/01/09 03:25 PM
As a budding nurse you are aware that carbs do convert to sugar...right?

It's not the sugar in the cola, it's the caffeine. Sugar in moderation does not have any medical correlation to hyperactivity. Be mindful of the products you are eating/feeding your child, if it's chocolate, that's the caffeine. Check the ingredients, sugar isn't the problem.

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 07:17 AM
ADHD is very often used as a diagnosis erroneously. Bipolar disorder is difficult to diagnose in small children. I can't say ADHD later develops into bipolor, but as I stated earlier I believe ADHD is often used as a catch all diagnosis until the child begins to mature and a "true" diagnosis can be made.

As someone mentioned earlier their child is a visual learner, which is often not the case with ADHD children. Most of the are tactile learners, preferring to take something apart, touch things, feel things. We allowed my son to take a dryer apart when he was 10 (it was broken), he managed to use tools and dismantled it enough to fit into the garbage cans.

Please remember, as frustrated as you are as a parent, your child is twice as frustrated. ADHD is not something they can control without your help and in most cases the help of medication.

luckylucyd's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:18 PM
If your doctor is telling you sugar causes hyperactivity you need to find another doctor. If your child has food allergies that is not ADHD. If your child is truly ADHD it is a chemical imbalance in the brain and requires medication to balance. If your child is zoned out when taking the medication it is not the right prescription and you should immediately consult your physician.

My son is 23, he was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 10. We did biofeedback before resorting to medication. He took medication until he was in the 10th grade. He now lives in another city, attends college part-time and works full-time for a distribution company. Children with ADHD are often adults with ADHD, however most of them will learn to manage thier lives without medication.

Not a physician, Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology.

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:31 PM
Internet dating is totally different than meeting a guy in a bar. The biggest turn off for me is reading a profile full of spelling errors and misuse of common words (your, you're).

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:25 PM
Etrain nailed it. What I find attractive physically may not be what someone else finds attractive physically. EVERYONE makes a first impression based on appearance...

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/17/09 05:09 PM
I'm 46 and want to meet guys closer to my own age... Seems like I'm the exception not the rule.

luckylucyd's photo
Sun 01/11/09 04:50 PM
If they quit bugging you about going to see a chick flick while you're trying to watch football.:heart:

luckylucyd's photo
Sun 01/11/09 01:30 PM
Decorating my new condo and dining out with friends.

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/10/09 05:43 PM

I tend to make men move... out of state (that's my story and I'm sticking to it officer).

at least they dont run off to Africa...I think you are in good shape! flowerforyou

Nope... just Vegas and Memphis... I'll shoot for international next time though!

luckylucyd's photo
Sat 01/10/09 05:31 PM
I tend to make men move... out of state (that's my story and I'm sticking to it officer).