Community > Posts By > uscgredfish

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/10/09 12:11 PM
Houston, not far from where I'm heading. Well not far in Texas terms where far equals anything over 4 hours away. Your profile is kinda sparse what angle are you playing at?:wink:

uscgredfish's photo
Wed 01/07/09 09:17 AM
what service is your friend in? I'm Coast Guard, the best durn maritime service in the world. But good luck to him, and semper P.

uscgredfish's photo
Tue 01/06/09 07:37 PM
550 dead is hardly comparable to genocide. Sorry I even got started in here. But let me ask you. Every night a kid breaks into your home and smashes your T.V. and hits your kid. Do continue to allow him to get away with it? Regardless of what you think about the political situation, I can not blame Israel for attacking after Hamas broke the cease fire agreement.

Tell me hows the Kool-aid in Blame western Democracy land.

Yes its awful that civilians die in war. Its awful that a few people would cause a war in which innocents die. However keep in mind that people on both sides are living and dieing in fear on a daily basis.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
--John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

uscgredfish's photo
Tue 01/06/09 05:15 PM
Ok I will. You see Israel as the villian here. I see Israel as defending its populace.

Your quote "Its no wonder Israel will not let in any media to document. Looks like Israel doesnt even believe in the freedom of the press."
Is in my view one sided propaganda. Plenty of news outlets are covering the incursion.

Because just like the Leb-Israeli war two years ago Israel will pull out of Gaza when it determines the mission objectives are complete. Remember Israel de-occupied the Strip several years ago. And paved the way for more rocket and terror attacks. A move that strengthed the Hamas terrorist group.

What you view as "propaganda" others may well view as the facts. Lets try to deviate from the talking points please.

uscgredfish's photo
Tue 01/06/09 05:05 PM
Or maybe Israel is tired of her sons and daughters being slaughtered everytime some fanatic and a homemade bomb destorys a bus or cafe.

Or maybe the daily average of 100+ 122mm wide rockets being haphazardly rained into Isreali cities has something to do with the counter-offensive!

Bring on the Israel has no right or shouldn't even be a country rants. Wholesale terrorism generally gains a violent response.

uscgredfish's photo
Tue 01/06/09 04:59 PM
Wouldn't we all, love a missed call from our ex's. Well maybe not all of us. Actually I also took a huge step in moving on from her.

Glad your friends and family brightened your day. Mine actually did too! Its funny how they always show up at the right time.

uscgredfish's photo
Tue 01/06/09 04:52 PM
Cold and wet with a chance of sarcasm later in the evening.

Actually its looking up!

uscgredfish's photo
Mon 01/05/09 06:47 PM
Yeah thats what I was missing train. Good advice. I'll get right on that...

...most likely not going to happen.

uscgredfish's photo
Mon 01/05/09 06:40 PM
Thanks ladies. Any ideas on how to keep a thread going?

Or does anyone know when Pat Green is coming around the Beaumont or Houston areas? The last time I went to see him the ex got "sick" and we had to leave as he opened his first song. That was back when Jack Ingram and the Beat Up Ford Band opened for him.

Wow back in Texas. What did I miss the past 8 years?

uscgredfish's photo
Mon 01/05/09 06:24 PM
Thats the funny thing about talking with friends, or new people. You can always come up with something to make them feel better. Sometimes its advice you should take yourself.

I wouldn't call it special ed just yet. Just a little goofy. But if you can't laugh at yourself sometimes your taking life to seriously.

Hang in there kid you'll make it!

~SK

uscgredfish's photo
Sun 01/04/09 01:56 PM
Edited by uscgredfish on Sun 01/04/09 01:57 PM

The best thing about Texas is the sunshine that grows the grains that eventually turn into Shiner.

I have to agree Shiner has to be the best beer around to wash down a great brisket, at a fourth of July party on the Brazos River.

Durn...I can't wait to be back in Texas. Only a month. Hope I haven't forgotten anything!

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:16 PM
So I could post that I'm brand new to the area in the tittle block. But that would be swimming with the crowd of other newbies.

So Hi folks. Just looking for fun. Draw me in with a witty, or charming question. Or a political or history question. And I will be hooked. My life is an open magazine feel free to flip through.

SAM

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:13 PM
What in the heck is there to do around that area. I will be fishing and serving at the Coast Guard Station at the pass. But I can't fish every second of the day.

I want the info on the malls and bars, nightlife and such.

Thanks
SAM

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:11 PM
Lets try it this way. A government that censures speech is too powerful. Remember the USSR had "free speech" too. The .38 cal stroke was free. Notice that "gives" was quoted.

The people already decide was is acceptable as free speech with young blacks calling each other n***** and such. However let me walk into "their neighborhood" and say such things.

That is free speech. Politicaly correct speech is not free speech becuase it prevents a person from truly communincating his thoughts.

The posting stated that rights are not basic or God given. I beg to differ. I have the power of free choice therefore I can choose to accept my rights or not. And I have the power to fight for my rights. Even die for them if required. However I'm not going to get in a long drawn out debate on this on a dating site. My I suggest googling Neal Bootz for more information on Libertarians and just peak at the Fair Tax.

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 03:35 PM
duely noted. What parts of it I scanned sound both facist and marxist leftest.

We have a broad concept of rights and realize that if a governement "gives" us the right to free speech than that government is too powerful. The power should rest with the people and government should play a secondary role, keeping the potholes filled, and the nation sercure (which should require only a volunteer military force).

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 02:53 PM
I like the reply about having a good mindset. It truly helps. I'm 2 months single still not completely healed. Yet its nice to be able to take care of me. As well as meet some new people. DATE not relationship

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 02:47 PM
I'm sure that your post would have been a great one. However you need to condense it to comic book proportions. As an American I have the attention span of the common house fly.

Oh and I'm a conservative libertarian. The one common thread behind most libertarians is personal choice. We just want to live our lives as we want without government busting down our doors. So long as our activities do not harm others.

That said the party encompasses a large swath of personal views some I don't agree with. Most more left of me others more right of me.

uscgredfish's photo
Sat 01/03/09 11:18 AM
Help me improve the content. Open to all feedback.