Community > Posts By > Bananaramaa

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 12:17 AM
1-900-We are horny

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:31 PM

I guess this topic is now dead....the children have taken over.
what what

No, we answered your questions and you haven't replied to most of us, so we are having fun picking on each other.

There are too many to reply to everyone individually...and... I wasn't aware replies were necessary on forums.....I know chat rooms work that way but I thought forums were different.

Some kind of acknowledgement is usually given to people who answer you. And generally if someone asks you a question in an email, it is polite to give some kind of response.

I guess you're talking about the email you sent me....

I have received 37 emails in the short time I've been here....I've responded to one. I don't have the time to post forum comments and answer all my email and do my mutual match and search for handsome gentleman in my area...all in a few hours.

Right now my priorities are the forum because I started 2 topics so I feel obligated to monitor them.... and searching for handsome men in the Houston area because that's why I'm here. People sending emails won't die if they don't get a response until the next time I sign on.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:24 PM
Edited by Bananaramaa on Fri 01/02/09 11:26 PM

I don't know exactly when dateing on line got so difficult. A friendly Hello. A simple compliment that no-one picked to pieces. You would tell a thumbnail about yourself, mention a couple of interests, and then polite conversations. No third degree or auto-biographys or security checks. Used to be the date-sites did public events for charities and you could meet people in a respectable situations. And if you weren't into that you met at a nice Mall or community event.

I don't know where all the beef about people lying about appearance and fake persona's came in. Sometimes I think people don't want to believe what they see with their own eyes. I don't lie to anyone. No I don't run out for full body photos every 3 months but the basics are the same. It does seem to be more and more common that I am hearing lies so I know it happens.

-------------------------My reply
The forum topic lives!! I appreciate your post.

...I didn't know people lying about appearance was a big deal on the web. I don't see the point because if you meet someone then the lie is quickly reveled. I'm not naive...I am aware that there are dangerous people on the web....I watch the news and I will take precautions before I meet anyone.
------------------------

(the rest of her post)

Yes I am not going to jump the first time a guy calls to go stand on the auction block for a bad cup of coffee. And after a few chats a guy doesn't want to figure out something fun to do and actually ask me for a date he isn't interested in dateing to meet anyone for more than a booty call and I am not going to bother. If anyone seems to be abuseing the dragging things out for months and months it seems to be the guys who want to sit in their underwear, drinking, and whineing how nobody wants them after they brag on line how they have gone through a series of lovers.

I am sure there are guys out there that will say well she isn't going to accept me the way I am then forget it. Fine. I don't need some guy who gambles his money away, smokes like a chimney, has to go home early from the date because he is on house arrest, or so he can let his mother's dog out. Or some guy who uses his Mother as a free babysitter all weekend so he can hang out on the golf course rather than face up to the fact that he got his secretary who is not much younger than his own kid pregnant leaving a wife who put him through school. You think I am kidding but this is stuff guys tell on themselves in the first few calls. I am sure it is just as bad the other way. Just seems like there are more and more Frogs & Frogettes out there.

You're scaring me....sad

(I have a reply buried up there between her post....I didn't do the quoting right)

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:18 PM

what what

No, we answered your questions and you haven't replied to most of us, so we are having fun picking on each other.

There are too many to reply to everyone individually...and... I wasn't aware replies were necessary on forums.....I know chat rooms work that way but I thought forums were different.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:12 PM
what what

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:46 PM
Maybe after I've been here for some time someone will be kind enough to fill me in on the running mindy joke I see all over the forum. what

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:37 PM

To you. In other words what are some of the things that mean a lot to you? Me-Family, Angel, her daughter, health, and happiness.

The meaning of life...

To be happy
To bring happiness to others
To not infringe on the happiness of others (disclaimer... provided their happiness does not involve infringing on others happiness)

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:20 PM

I said....

Of course I won't know for sure until I meet them in person...didn't say I would....but ...when I do meet a man from the web I'll know far more about him than I would if I just met him in a bar.
I already know some about you just from your comments in my post thread.

He said....

If the guy is being truthful you will. Doesn't mean you'll have any chemistry with that person. If you meet someone at a bar, you'll at least know if you're attracted to someone or not. Online, sure you can talk for a bit, you'll meet them and chances are they'll have a lazy eye or something lol.

You're thinking like a guy grumble ......I don't know if I'm attracted to a guy I meet at a bar...UNTIL... I chat with him for a few weeks. I'm not as visually oriented as you seem to be. If I'm attracted to a man then his having a lazy eye will not deter me from loving him.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:12 PM

No...I didn't....does it matter how long they have been here?

They're talking negatively about the site when they haven't been here long. It takes time to develop relationships.

I get you point now.

I made the forum topic hoping many others would refute the accusation this place was only for the rift-raft...otherwise I was headed for the door.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:03 PM

(((elli)))flowerforyou
you hit the nail right on the head !!!!
thats all she is asking for to be treated like a lady !

and for a first date somewhere other then those places where you clean your own table when you're finished.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:58 PM

Oh ya .. we all get the same lines hon. It's called the

((((((((((( INTERNET )))))))))))

:wink:

I assumed as much...didn't think they only said those lines to me. ...laugh ....I don't mind the lines I was just hoping for more.... substance? In real life you don't get the luxury of walking around with your profile hanging around your neck...on the internet you do. I'm surprised more men don't use their profile to increase their chances.

The flattery doesn't bother men...I'm flattered. The men who keep telling me I shouldn't be here.... implying this place is just for the down trodden.....is what surprises me.

Did you notice that they haven't been here long?

No...I didn't....does it matter how long they have been here?

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:55 PM

You're now the 5th or 6th guy telling me I am wasting my time here....soon....you guys will convince me you're right.
I just signed up for connectingsingles....I'm hoping there are more men of confidence there.

It's only a waste if you think you are going to figure someone out online before you meet them in person.

Trust me, you won't.

Of course I won't know for sure until I meet them in person...didn't say I would....but ...when I do meet a man from the web I'll know far more about him than I would if I just met him in a bar.
I already know some about you just from your comments in my post thread.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:51 PM

Mingling, talking, discovering, opening up are all things that should be done in real life, but life is fast now and people want the same fast life in relation so you meet in a bar or other social place you don't always choose who you talk to and when you do to often everything as to be learned and talked about in that first date people don't want to waste to many nights on who might not be right person so they press to know all right away.

With Internet dating you have the option who to talk to or not and who to know better or ignore, you can take your time really talk and if you really hit it off then you meet.

So welcome have fun meet friends interesting people and hopefully the love of your life.

That's what I'm saying and thank God someone else understands :thumbsup: Sure...I don't get to see the person face to face and feel the chemistry but I get to pick their brain for a while and get to know them some.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:48 PM

Oh ya .. we all get the same lines hon. It's called the

((((((((((( INTERNET )))))))))))

:wink:

I assumed as much...didn't think they only said those lines to me. ...laugh ....I don't mind the lines I was just hoping for more.... substance? In real life you don't get the luxury of walking around with your profile hanging around your neck...on the internet you do. I'm surprised more men don't use their profile to increase their chances.

The flattery doesn't bother men...I'm flattered. The men who keep telling me I shouldn't be here.... implying this place is just for the down trodden.....is what surprises me.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:30 PM

I agree a dating site, in theory, is a convienant way of meeting someone. The problem is, people often misrepresent themselves online.

Why invest countless hours talking to someone online, only to meet and they either:

a) don't look like their pictures
b) find out there is no chemistry
c) find out that they lie about who they are and what they are all about

Being 30, I wouldn't think you'd want to piss away your time talking online, when you can simply meet and see what the chemistry is like and go from there.

You're now the 5th or 6th guy telling me I am wasting my time here....soon....you guys will convince me you're right.
I just signed up for connectingsingles....I'm hoping there are more men of confidence there.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:27 PM

I've gotten the same crappy doodle lines, too. And, I'm not as cute as you!!

And then there are the ones who all they have to say is "you're so beautiful". Okay, and then what? It's all in the eye of the beholder, anyway, so .... where's the beef?

laugh laugh quote..."you're beautiful" seems to be the favorite email line. I haven't answer any emails yet because I don't yet know what to say. I was hoping for more depth in the mens profiles and messages but it's not to be. My profile doesn't have much depth either but I just got here and that will change soon.
The second favorite line is something along the lines of ...you are too pretty to be here....
I hate that one...what do I say? Yes I am....goodbye? No I am not...I'm ugly? laugh

I guess I shouldn't complain....it will just take some getting use to.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:10 PM
Why do some think dating sites are for those who can't get dates elsewhere? I've just arrived on planet mingle and already....in my emails and in the new members introduction post I made....men are implying I shouldn't be here because I'm pretty (okay...I appreciate the complements...).

I see plenty of other good looking people so others must feel as I do.....a dating site is just another avenue for finding someone...it's not necessarily better or worse.

For those who asked ...........

My reasoning for trying this place out is I thought I could converse with a gentleman for weeks....and really get to know him some before I went on a date with him. This is a luxury I don't have in real life. I don't work around men so when I do meet a guy it's in a club or bookstore and they don't want to chat for weeks before a date. I'm tired of going on first and second dates with men just to find out if we have anything in common. I'm not the spring filly I once was and constantly auditioning different men gets tiring.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 08:22 PM
I would hope.... that a gentleman near my age would have his life together enough that he could pay his own way. If he meets me on here...it means he owns a computer....thus he can afford the gas money. If I am really impressed with him I'll provide the sleeping quarters. winking

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 07:25 PM
What kind of wine? I drink wine and eat chocolate when I'm feeling down, and up, and in between. Nothing like a good glass of wine and some good friends to share it with. Cheers to you and I hope things get better....or you get inebriated enough so that you don't care. drinks

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 07:12 PM
Not anniversaries but the summer months seem to be my bad time for relationships.....thus my profile headline.
My last 3 relationships all ended in the heat of the summer.....2 by me and one by the guy. Maybe I should just take summer vacations and forget about relationships until the fall.

Previous 1