Community > Posts By > luking4frens

luking4frens's photo
Mon 10/13/14 08:12 PM
I do click on someone's profile out of curiosity to know the person behind an interesting post? Hope that is OK because there are some awesome people on the forums that I may have unintentionally "stalked" because there are so many and I need a reminder as to who the person is, as indicated in his or her profile, at times.

Maybe I should start sending messages to those nice people when I sneak a peek at their profiles.

To those people I have looked at but not contacted - know that you guys and gals are great!!!

Sometimes it is clicking on the person who last remarked on a post rather than the topic itself? Darn trigger finger! Sincere apologies for that.

To the fake profiles I have encountered much too often - you guys went into the trash!!!

luking4frens's photo
Sun 10/12/14 02:21 AM
To live out the rest of my life with that certain someone.

luking4frens's photo
Mon 10/06/14 04:59 AM
Congratulations to the both of you. You make such a lovely couple - Best Wishes for a Joyful, Blissful & Happy Life filled with Love! :heart:

luking4frens's photo
Sun 09/28/14 03:43 AM
Met my husband when I was 20 and he 28, together 36 wonderful years until he died a little over 3 years ago. Still hurts but life has to go on.

luking4frens's photo
Mon 09/15/14 08:21 PM

So pass the wine already happy

Ditto and Cheers! LOL!! :banana: drinker flowerforyou

luking4frens's photo
Fri 09/12/14 03:36 AM
Zippy - I have not had the privilege of knowing you as yet! Wishing you well. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this testing time. And I want you to be well soon so that I can be friends with you - I'm counting on that! flowerforyou

luking4frens's photo
Fri 08/22/14 07:38 AM
OMG I have not had such fun laughing so hard in a long time!!!

laugh flowerforyou :banana:

Thank you for sharing uk1971.

luking4frens's photo
Fri 07/25/14 01:18 AM
With my only boyfriend who became my husband - I was 20, he was 28 - my eyes and teeth were clenched tight and he had to get me relaxed. He was patient and calm, teaching me to follow his lead. It was a wonderful experience.

luking4frens's photo
Fri 07/25/14 01:05 AM
Edited by luking4frens on Fri 07/25/14 01:06 AM
Grilled Bacon with thick fat and Sausages, Salads and Greens! I can live on that!

Nothing can beat the oozing yumminess of bacon fat soaked up with bread or dripped over rice and teamed with the freshness of the veges - heavenly combination.

luking4frens's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:58 AM

She said Blue and scratch in the same sentence. That seems like scratched blue balls....Ouch.blushing

oops whoa rofl rofl

luking4frens's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:22 AM

Cute thread....

What colour? White ... no, Black ... maybe Red ... uh uh Yellow ... scratch that, Blue .......... hmmmmmmmm what colour??? frustrated :tongue:

luking4frens's photo
Thu 07/24/14 03:54 AM
Thanks everyone and Crystal - you nailed it that the ones with bad English are mostly scammers particularly because Englisn is supposedly their native tongue. Usually a few exchanges will weed out the real from the fake.

Soufie says to stick to my instincts and that can never go wrong too.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

luking4frens's photo
Wed 07/23/14 08:06 PM
Does everyone hesitate like I do in replying to messages or instant messages you receive?

If I notice that the person contacting me has not even looked at my profile before doing so, I am suspicious, especially if they are way younger because I state in my profile that I prefer older men. Yes the standard reply is that age is just a number, yada, yada, yada! Of course. that is true too!

I have been accused of not giving people a chance - losing the opportunity to get to know an awesome guy because of my fast 'delete' finger. That is possible because it is difficult to gauge what a person is like by a 'Hi' or 'Hello' but I will give a response after looking at the profile. Only through further communication can one really get to know what the person is and then of course - web cam to make sure that it is a person we are talking to. I always observe how the introduction is made too!

I am not a native English speaker so I tend to look at the written language initially for clues as to the real identity. I may have lost out on my Mr Perfect by my actions, but don't you think it is better to be safe than sorry?

Guess that is just life!! Cheers, everyone. Susan :wink:

luking4frens's photo
Sun 07/20/14 09:12 PM
Yes there are older men out there BUT where are they hiding? LOL!

luking4frens's photo
Sun 07/20/14 08:29 PM
Edited by luking4frens on Sun 07/20/14 08:35 PM
I am Asian and some Asian guys think they are macho and start off addressing a lady in terms of endearment in the first message? Who wants to talk to a presumptuous guy who clearly has a wrong understanding of western culture!

Maybe you ought to rethink your approach so that people will want to talk to you? People are free to make their own choices to talk to you or not.

I for one do not answer any such messages or email, especially from younger men - hey I do not want to babysit!!!

I know I will step on some toes with that statement but that is just my personal opinion. I love vintage!

Cheers everybody. Have a nice week ahead.

luking4frens's photo
Wed 07/16/14 04:27 AM
I wish you all the best in your search for happiness with the one you love. I have a few gay friends who are such caring wonderful people.

None of us has any right to dictate how another person can be and it is not our place to judge anyone at all. Good luck and wishes to you.

luking4frens's photo
Tue 07/15/14 11:55 PM
I have never had a best friend and learned young that I am my own best friend. This changed when I met my husband and we spent 36 quality years together being there for each other for everything until his death. Our life will remain a treasured memory where we were two strangers meeting on a blind date who became soul mates.

The answer, dreamerana, from me personally - It is definitely worth the investment because he was also my best friend and we hardly spent time apart.

A solid relationship is built on unconditional love, compromise, acceptance, sharing, trust, honesty and faithfulness. These qualities are conscious efforts on our part and if our significant other has the same values, then life together is blissful and content.

luking4frens's photo
Mon 07/14/14 04:20 AM
My wall is basically empty except for people I am in touch with.

I am trigger happy with the Remove button, LOL!

luking4frens's photo
Sun 07/13/14 03:20 AM
Edited by luking4frens on Sun 07/13/14 03:24 AM
I think it is possible but it is the timing of choosing each other online. I feel there is a reason behind meeting anyone in our life because there are so many people on the site and yet you are able to meet up?

People drop by in our lives - some to learn from us, others to teach us good or bad lessons, make us aware etc.

I feel there is a chance to find true love online, however faint a chance ....... think positive!

Or maybe I am being too naive??? LOL!

luking4frens's photo
Sun 07/13/14 01:17 AM
All of us have the exact same fears of being alone at the final phase of our lives.

I have had dark thoughts about how my life will end when I have outlived my usefulness.

Right now, being with family and friends is a pleasure and sharing happiness in itself is nurturing. All I pray for is that the day I die, death will be merciful in that I die in an instant, instead of being a burden to anyone at all.