Community > Posts By > jayneiniowa

jayneiniowa's photo
Fri 12/05/14 04:46 PM
I did some online dating a few years ago, through another pay site. I never found a love connection, but I did meet some interesting people and made new friends.

jayneiniowa's photo
Fri 11/28/14 01:48 PM
Edited by jayneiniowa on Fri 11/28/14 01:48 PM
Well, I have been in a few bad relationships over the years, and known men with serious, serious issues. However, until I ran into a malignant narcissist I had never had someone turn my life upside down to that degree. Yes, there is a huge difference between someone who is an overconfident braggart and some with narcissistic personality disorder. And no, you don't have to BE a narcissist to recognize one. As a matter of fact, it can takes months or years of confusing and mentally abusive behavior before you figure out what has happened to your life and finally admit to yourself that you are in a relationship that will never work long-term and love someone with an incurable condition who will never love you in return.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:45 PM
Hi Ruth. I'd love you to pull a card for me whenever you are around.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:42 PM
I hate just about everything about winter. Including winter dating.

And yep, I live in Iowa. Go figure.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:39 PM
Insecurity. I have a lot of male friends, and I work in a male-dominated workplace. I am absolutely faithful when in a serious relationship, and if the guy doesn't believe that then it is time to move on.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:39 PM
I avoid Walmart like the plague.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:37 PM

Last nite and today. Actually right now.:cry: Sorry the screen is becoming blurry to see, and honestly I just don't seem to care who wants to make fun of me for it. Just tired of being wrong, or at fault, or being an insipid piece of crap.

Anyone who would make fun of you for that doesn't even deserve a second thought. Sorry you are going through it.

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/15/14 12:34 PM
It says "It's All About Me. Get Over it." LOL

jayneiniowa's photo
Sat 11/01/14 11:50 PM

Tonight... Just feeling exhausted and overwhelmed and discouraged ... I've been a widow for three years I'm tired of this I just wish I could find the right person

Me too. I'm not widowed, but I have been alone for a long time, deliberately, to "find myself". It feels like the rest of the world wishes I had stayed lost.

jayneiniowa's photo
Tue 10/21/14 06:27 PM
Unfortunately, too many things and people have made me cry lately. I'm beginning to wonder why trying to be a nice and kind person seems to make you a target for abuse.

I work for a boss that calls me names and screams at me on a nearly daily basis, and fired me this week for no reason I can discern. (Then he hired me back, but trust me this temporary).

The first guy I dated in a year, after spending time to rebuild my self-esteem after a devastating breakup, told me in an incredulous tone that there would never be anything between us (except sex apparently) and how in the world did I think there ever could be.

My daughter told me I am a horrible mother and listed in great detail all my infractions over the years, then stopped speaking to me two months ago, barring me from my grandchildren.

The next guy I [thought] I was dating told me it was good that I understood that he could never be my boyfriend.

Yeah, its been a banner year.

jayneiniowa's photo
Tue 10/21/14 06:19 PM
Must be able to give one of those all-encompassing hugs that makes everything seem right with the world.

jayneiniowa's photo
Tue 10/21/14 06:13 PM

Okay, put the champagne and bunting away, I'm not in a relationship, lol.
But there's this thing that keeps bugging me. Let's say you'd find a partner again and - eventually - move in together. Most have been single for some time, so we've learnt to do things that our exes used to do.

So how do you deal with the new situation when it comes to chores? Would you automatically start doing the so called 'men things' like fixing a fence, oil a squeaky door, fix a blocked drain, car maintenance of your woman, put out the garbage etc. etc. etc.
Or would you expect her to keep doing these things herself, unless she asks for your help?
And vice versa of course.
As a woman, would you expect your new man to start doing these things?
And as a man, would you expect your woman to do the so called 'woman things', meaning i.e. you'd never cook anymore, help cleaning etc.

Sometimes it's just weird how we can have these routines in our head --> The other day I had a blocked drain. And I found myself wishing I had a man so he could fix it. Yes I know, horrible, pathetic, cos I can easily do that myself. It doesn't require strength, it's just a gross and smelly job.

Anyways, how do you divide all these chores that we usually automatically did in the past with our first partner, and learnt to deal with ourselves because we were single.
Do you just wait and see how it goes? Do you discuss it? If so, when?

Funny you say that, because even though I've been alone a lot, owned my own home and did all kind of restoration work to it myself, I have NEVER cut the grass. Something in my head says it is a "man thing" and I just refuse to do it. It could also have something to do with the fact that I hate cutting grass, hahaa.

jayneiniowa's photo
Tue 10/21/14 06:12 PM

I want to take her from behind until we have no more dishes

Wow. I would be getting rid of the dishwaher.

jayneiniowa's photo
Mon 10/13/14 04:26 PM
Well quite honestly my profile is still pretty bare because I haven't fully committed to this process yet.

Also, I wanted to determine how many people simply send you a "formula" initial email, without caring to know much about you. There are a lot of those.

jayneiniowa's photo
Mon 10/13/14 04:17 PM
Texted me on the way to the date (oh, I had to pick him up cause he didn't have a car) that I needed to give him a massage before we went out. uh, no thanks.

jayneiniowa's photo
Mon 10/13/14 04:12 PM

Well I am not trying to brag or anything...but this one time I used the handicapped button to open a door. I am not handicapped.

Bad boy 4 life!

Well now I must have you.

jayneiniowa's photo
Mon 10/06/14 04:55 PM
I went out with a guy once, for three hours. The next Friday he texted me over 30 times. Saturday over 40 times.

Ended THAT one fast.

jayneiniowa's photo
Thu 10/02/14 07:08 PM
Flowers are best when received randomly, and for no special reason other than the other person was thinking about you and wanted you to feel special.

jayneiniowa's photo
Thu 09/11/14 05:47 PM
Honestly I've done the long distance relationship thing, and I'm not interested in doing it again. I want someone there on Friday and Saturday nights to go out with me. I want to know each other's friends and family; find things of local interest to do together, spend Sunday's reading the paper and doing the crossword puzzle.

Plus I want sex on a regular basis, LOL.

I want a relationship, not a penpal.

jayneiniowa's photo
Fri 09/05/14 05:54 PM
The Game of Thrones series.

Previous 1