Community > Posts By > Pansytilly

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 06:44 PM
Thank you to two of the most very beautiful and elegant ladies of mingle. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 04:45 PM

For Pansy...

Beautiful..
Thank you happy

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 04:43 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 09/05/15 04:54 PM
Thank you, guys! happy smooched
All your posts and greetings made my day. flowers

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 10:10 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 09/05/15 10:11 AM
Debbie, you are a ray of sunshine flowerforyou

Scoob, you are the very first one to offer me a drink drinker and a little something on the side..:wink: laugh

Tmommy, you bring sass to a whole new level. Love it love

Stefie, i know you'll be sending me a little something bigsmile :wink:

SM8, i enjoyed conversing with you as well waving

Iamwhoiam, i dont need to tell you anymore, you already know. tongue2 flowers

Coolchic, i always liked you choice of pics :thumbsup: very cool shades

Kindlightheart, the words " lightness of being " always comes to mind when i see you here flowerforyou

Rains, an Alaskan beauty to be reckoned with :thumbsup:

Lu, ever serene and joyful flowerforyou

Goof, the class clown that never grew up :banana: :laughing:

Thank you for the party biggrin everyone invited drool :banana: drinker

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 09:55 AM

Happy Birthday, girl!flowerforyou :banana: flowers

Thank youuuu!! ((((Hugs))))flowers :heart:

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 09:52 AM

I just got home from dinner, and lookie what i found !! blushing smooched

Thank you so much for the thread and the b-day wishes. Thank you everyone. flowers flowers flowers

Indeed i am a year older... and still none the wiser :angel: :laughing: tongue2 waving

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 07:15 PM

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tom-hardy-james-bond-uk-bookies-1201583973/

A betting war is brewing across the pond for who will be the next James Bond. BoyleSports, an online bookmaker based in Ireland, has polled a new contender to take over the franchise, following Daniel Craig’s eventual departure.

The name is Hardy. Tom Hardy.

“The Next James Bond market has certainly come alive with all the support coming in for Tom Hardy, who is now 4/1 from 6/1 to take over from Daniel Craig,” said BoyleSports spokesman Liam Glynn in a statement.

The news is sure to leave Idris Elba fans shaken, not stirred. It follows Tuesday’s social-media outcry after 007 author Anthony Horowitz told the Daily Mail that Elba is “too street” to play the debonair English spy.

Elba is tied with former “Homeland” actor Damian Lewis as forerunner for the race with betting odds 3/1. Superman himself, “Man of Steel” star Henry Cavill, also has substantial support, with BoyleSports slashing the odds at 4/1 — matching Hardy.

“With the support showing no signs of drying up, we are expecting Tom Hardy to be the new favorite for the role sooner rather than later, which could result in BoyleSports being hit hard if Hardy lands the role,” Glynn said.

Other men rounding out the top 10 for the bookmaker are Michael Fassbender, Richard Armitage, Orlando Bloom, Dougray Scott, Lewis’ “Homeland” co-star Rupert Friend and Elba’s “The Wire” co-star Dominic West.

Although those close to the franchise expect Craig to reprise the role for at least one more sequel following the upcoming “Spectre,” Craig told Esquire, “I have a life and I’ve got to get on with it a bit.”

“I really don’t know. Honestly. I’m not trying to be coy,” he told the magazine. “At the moment I can’t even conceive it.”

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 12:19 PM

:tongue: :tongue:

thank you, thank you,, I try

ya know, sometimes I dont feel so tall, but they still dont let me ride the kiddy rides.. it says 'this tall',, period,,,

You gonna get yourself into trouble with the vertically-challenged adults now...:laughing:

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 12:08 PM

Well as I mentioned before Ontario is initiating a sex ed curriculum that includes

DETAILS OF ONTARIO'S CONTROVERSIAL SEX-ED CURRICULUM

Lessons begin on gender identity and sexual orientation. That also includes lessons on respecting differences in cultural values, beliefs and family background.

Students will discuss negative stereotypes, including assumptions about gender roles, sexual orientation, gender expression, race and sexual health. Students will also learn how to make decisions that reflect respect for others and about building healthy relationships. Teacher prompts regarding masturbation are also included in the curriculum — for cases in which students ask about the subject.

regarding bathrooms I as a parent I probably would have went with a private bathroom.

Cool.glasses

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 12:03 PM

bathrooms are built around the 'exterior',, the anatomy being used,,

if you have a penis,, you should go where it was built for penis
if you have a vagina , you should go where it was built for vaginas

I dont know why people complicate things

Exactly.

since gender vs sex is such a complicated issue now,,,,perhaps we should just change the names on the bathroom from womens and mens , to PENIS STALLs, and VAGINA STALLS

That is so PC of you...:laughing:

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:53 AM

bathrooms are built around the 'exterior',, the anatomy being used,,

if you have a penis,, you should go where it was built for penis
if you have a vagina , you should go where it was built for vaginas

I dont know why people complicate things

Exactly.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:49 AM
You know i always wish you well. flowerforyou
Never lose your smile or your hope. flowers flowers flowers

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:37 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 09/04/15 11:45 AM

Causes of Gender Dysphoria

By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD

Gender dysphoria usually means a difficulty in identifying with the biological sex in an individual.
The causes of gender dysphoria are not fully clear.
Psychiatric and biological causes
It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition meaning a mental ailment. Now there is evidence that the disease may not have origins in the brain alone.
Studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.
More research is needed before the causes of gender dysphoria can be fully understood.
Genetic causes of biological sex
Research suggests that development that determines biological sex happens in the mother’s womb.
Anatomical sex is determined by chromosomes that contain the genes and DNA.
Each individual has two sex chromosomes. One of the chromosomes is from the father and the other from the mother.
A normal man has an X and a Y sex chromosome and a normal woman has two X chromosomes.
It is seen that during early pregnancy, all unborn babies are female because only the female sex chromosome (or the X chromosome) that is inherited from the mother being the active one.
After the eighth week of pregnancy, the chromosome from the father (an X for a female and a Y for the male), gains in activity.
If the father’s contribution is the X chromosome the baby continues to develop as female with a surge of female hormones.
This helps develop her female sex organs, reproductive organs and features. This makes her sex and gender female.
If the inherited chromosome from the father is a Y there is a surge of testosterone and other male hormones that lead to development of male characteristics, such as testes.
This makes the baby’s sex and gender male. (1)
Causes of gender differences
There are several different potential causes of gender differences, these include hormonal changes, exposure to estrogenic drugs and so forth. (1-4)
Hormonal causes
Hormones that trigger the development of sex and gender in the womb may not function adequately.
For example, anatomical sex from the genitals may be male, while the gender identity that comes from the brain could be female.
This may result from the excess female hormones from the mother’s system or by the foetus’s insensitivity to the hormones.
The latter condition is called androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS).
Exposure to progesterone or other estrogenic drugs
Although there is no research that shows that males or females exposed to progesterone in the womb or other estrogenic drugs, such as diethylstilbestrol (DES) may have a raised risk of gender dysphoria; there may be an association in some atypical aspects of gender role behavior.
Rare conditions that may lead to gender dysphoria
There may be rare conditions like congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), and intersex conditions (also known as hermaphroditism) which may also result in gender dysphoria.
In CAH a female foetus has adrenal glands (small caps of glands over the kidneys) that produce high level of male hormones. This enlarges the female genitals and the female baby may be confused with a male at birth.
Intersex conditions mean babies may be born with the genitalia of both sexes. In these cases the child is allowed to grow and choose his or her own before any surgery is carried out to confirm it.

This basically says a few things with certainty.
1. That we all started out as phenotypically female even if some of us are genotypically male. ( That is a known fact.)
2. Mutations in genes can cause hormonal disorders. (Mutations in genes are caused by several factors. Some are spontaneous)
3. Hormonal disorder may affect brain function and may cause gender dysphoria. (This is acceptable. Even women taking testosterone and men taking estrogen can experience this.)
4. Gender dysphoria is present in those with ambiguous genitalia. (This is acceptable. The fact that the genitalia is obviously not clear upon birth, is sometimes reason for early surgical or medical gender re/assignment, to avoid the future confusion of the child)
5. Actual individual gender identity is a function and interplay of several factors. (Some would even encourage those without gender dysphoria to have a gender identity crisis)

The question remains...what about bathrooms..?

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 10:39 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 09/04/15 10:57 AM

Here is also an article on the side effects of prescription drugs during pregnancy

Prescription drugs and pregnancy.

Webster WS1, Freeman JA.

Author information

Abstract

Prescribing drugs in pregnancy is an unusual risk-benefit situation. Drugs that may be of benefit or even life-saving to the mother can deform or kill the fetus. However, the risk to the fetus should not be exaggerated. There are only approximately 20 drugs or groups of drugs which are known to cause birth defects in humans. For one of these drugs to cause birth defects, a number of criteria must be fulfilled. The drug exposure must take place at a critical stage of pregnancy and the dose must be high enough to cause a threshold of exposure for an appropriate duration of time. For most of the known human teratogens, > 90% of pregnancies exposed during the first trimester result in normal offspring. Although only a few drugs are known to cause birth defects in humans, uncertainty about the safety of the majority may lead to underprescribing for pregnant women and women of childbearing age. Epidemiological studies of pregnancy outcome after specific drug exposures are often superficially reassuring, but most are severely limited in their power to detect adverse outcomes. Safety in animal studies may also be reassuring but species differences demand caution in this interpretation. Concerns about prescription drugs in the first trimester, when they can cause birth defects, are mostly quite different to concerns about use in the second and third trimesters. As the fetal organ systems mature, the fetus can be affected by the pharmacological activity of the drug in the same way as the mother. Many drugs have pharmacological effects on the fetus in the second and third trimesters but in most cases, they are well recognised and can be managed or avoided. The material presented in this paper is mostly concerned with the 'risks' associated with drugs in pregnancy. No attempt has been made to quantitate the possible benefits to the mother or fetus. Communicating the risk-benefit situation to the patient is always a challenge for physicians with limited time and sometimes limited knowledge. Fear of litigation is an unfortunate and an unwanted parameter in the assessment. Better knowledge of the parameters that determine teratogenicity may allow physicians to feel more confident in assessing the risks and benefits associated with prescribing in pregnancy.

PMID: 12783591 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Teratogenic effects of drugs do not affect the X/Y chromosome of an already formed zygote/embryo.
It may cause mutation of the X or Y gene locus, but it will not change X into Y or Y into X.

Drug effect as a sole cause of permanent isolated undifferentiated or ambiguous genitalia in the fetus.... is definitely a case for the books.
There is no evidence that fetal drug effect causes eventual gender dysphoria.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 10:23 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 09/04/15 10:29 AM

Usually, kids get genital organs that correlate with that gender, which is finished looooong before the body only starts developing (during pregnancy).

When something goes wrong, causing a mutation or a genetic mistake, a child who's brain is female gets male organs, or the opposite.

The brain can't be changed: the gender of the child is the very first thing that gets determined, at the second of its conception, depending on the spermcell of the father.

Feelings or emotions have absolutely nothing to do with this problem: it is genetic, not mental, and certainly not "emotional".

....a penis does not make a man, a uterus does not make a woman. Your gender is in your brain, not between your legs, and neither are anybody's. Life is not that simple.

Some people are confused...really, really, really...really confused.whoa drinks

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 08:55 AM

that ^^ is a lot of hypocrisy and subterfuge.

but to consider the shortcoming of the one converting people to christian belief...

Martens recognizes that some convert in order to improve their chances of staying in Germany -- but for the pastor motivation is unimportant.

---

Meanwhile, as other churches across Germany struggle with dwindling numbers of believers, Martens has seen his congregation swell from 150 just two years to more than 600 parishioners now

i think the pastor's motive for converting people indiscriminately and in unprecedented numbers is questionable as well...

i remember some kind of Fatwa being Issued about when they are not on their homeland, they can follow another religion, but they have to switch back when they get home.

I looked into what Fatwa(s) were and how they are supposed to be applied.

Seems like deliberate misinterpretation and deception to use it as reason to switch major religions as per country of residence, for those with an ulterior motive.

Doesnt the quran supposedly forbid them from doing this?

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 08:38 AM

If you choose to rule your own behaviour by having morals (that you have figured out through trial and error work for you as a person) you are then considered to be judgemental, on your high horse, think you are better/morally superior than others?
If you have little restraint on your behaviour, (you have not thought too much on the impact of your behaviour), you are a bad person, morally bankrupt and will probably end up in jail.
Where is the middle road, or is there not one?

Morals...personal integrity...self esteem...pride and humility...standards and double standards...reservations and open-mindedness...

I think all these are subjective and everyone is open to everyone's personal, perceived interpretation and misinterpretation. Morality has too many measuring sticks.

Nowadays, the concept of an objective, universal basis for morality is practically nil...One man's treasure is another man's trash.

When you give in to what others think is right, you can either be considered as accommodating or a push-over.
When you stand up for what you believe to be right, you can either be considered as arrogant or principled.

Personally, i know that the one thing we all have room for in our lives...is improvement.
The middle ground...is that in the end...you have to actually know, acknowledge and like who you see in the mirror....every second, every minute, everyday...

JMO

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 06:41 AM
Edited by Pansytilly on Fri 09/04/15 06:42 AM
Facebook offers free education software in US

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34151045

Facebook has taken its first steps into the education market with software that it claims allows children to learn at their own pace.
It is working with non-profit Summit Public Schools which has pioneered a teaching method that allows students to learn online and be mentored in class.

Facebook said that he project was completely separate from its social network.

There has been some skepticism about the technology firm's move.

In a blog post, Facebook's chief product officer Chris Cox said that the firm wanted to create a classroom "centered around students' ambitions".
The system allows content and tests to be delivered online and classroom time is reserved for "teacher-led real-world projects and collaborations", it said.

"The technology itself has the power to bring to life the daily work by putting it in context," said Mr Cox.

"It frees up classroom time for teachers to do what they do best - mentor students directly - and for students to spend time collaborating with, and in some cases, teaching each other."

But not everyone was convinced of the move.

"Facebook does not have the greatest reputation when it comes to privacy," Leonie Haimson, executive director of non-profit Class Size Matters told the New York Times.

The small team of engineers working on the project were subject to "strict privacy controls to help protect student data", Facebook said.

The Personalised Learning Plan it has developed has so far been used by 2,000 students and 100 teachers in schools in California.

Summit Public Schools, Facebook's partner in the project, is a non-profit organisation that runs schools in the states of California and Washington.

There are several elements to Summit's curriculum - students spend some time working on projects and other time on the personalised learning of traditional subjects like maths and English - mostly via online content.

Facebook and Summit plan to offer the software to any school in the US that wants it.

The social network is not the only technology giant involved in education. Google offers a range of educational products and Chromebooks are commonplace in classrooms.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 06:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34149231

Hungary passes new migrant laws

A little earlier, Hungary's parliament passed a series of new laws as part of a crackdown on illegal immigrants, meaning:

It will be a criminal offence to cross or damage the fence being constructed along the border with Serbia

Illegal border crossing will be punishable by up to three years in prison

It will be possible to submit asylum requests at border crossing points

Earlier, Prime Minister Viktor Orban told public radio: "Now we talk about hundreds of thousands [of migrants] but next year we will talk about millions and there is no end to this.

"All of a sudden we will see that we are in a minority in our own continent."

Meanwhile, about 2,300 migrants at a reception camp in southern Hungary have threatened to follow 300 who have already broken out.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 06:24 AM
that ^^ is a lot of hypocrisy and subterfuge.

but to consider the shortcoming of the one converting people to christian belief...

Martens recognizes that some convert in order to improve their chances of staying in Germany -- but for the pastor motivation is unimportant.

---

Meanwhile, as other churches across Germany struggle with dwindling numbers of believers, Martens has seen his congregation swell from 150 just two years to more than 600 parishioners now

i think the pastor's motive for converting people indiscriminately and in unprecedented numbers is questionable as well...

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25