Community > Posts By > Pansytilly

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 09:00 AM

Effortlessly so, your laziness did capture my soul...

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 06:53 AM

Just curious, since online dating has lead me to believe no.

So you are asking for your online-persona attractiveness, not the real you?

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 12:00 AM

"Everyone on the same list
Buhl says the problem is that the registry is a one-size-fits-all list that treats everyone as if they pose the same threat, whether they are a predatory child molester or a teen who had sex with his girlfriend."

something I have always argued about the term 'sex offender',, and the weight and consequences it carries for those with the label,,,,

and also laws that rely on whether one person 'knows' something about the other that they cant possibly be sure of like AGE or 'feeling'

You are right but you failed to mention the part where certain people are likely to re-offend and has a pattern of recurring offenses. That is what makes the difference in this case.

So the knowledge of age and mutual feeling leading to alleged consensual sex acts, may not be the issue to begin with. Motive/intent, seriality, and predatory tendencies will be factors as well.

One-size-fits-all concept is a seive that has holes either too big or too small.

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 11:50 PM

Well, now, let's get some details correct here.

The thread title is FALSE.

Stories such as this, of contradictions between the intent of laws and the outcome of human situations are common, but they are rarely reported or discussed accurately, and I think that this is why things are rarely solved or improved by their being published.

The APP didn't cause this mess. Attempts to date didn't cause this mess. A desire to keep people who are too young for such things from making horrible mistakes didn't cause this mess.

What does cause messes like this, are people who either applaud, or who directly indulge in self-righteousness, and fail to attend to the reality of situations like this, all out of pure selfishness, who cause messes like this.

What needs to be condemned, are purposeful self-blindings, allowing anyone in power to use their personal sense of morality to decide legal issues, and the entire overall concept that self-righteousness is ever something to be admired for itself, at the expense of reality and humanity.

I see your point about the thread title. It is most likely to lure the readers to take a look at the article.

However, I dont see the article as righteous indignation. For me, it raises awareness on the loopholes and disparity of sex crime laws. The thing is, the law is the law. Ignorance doesnt exclude anyone, and in this case, implementation of the law screwed up this teen's future. He made a mistake and none of the people involved expected or wanted the consequences that took effect because of it.

Might be time to create or amend Internet sex crime laws and regulations.

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 11:27 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sun 08/30/15 11:28 PM

Is enough room in there for 5 graves?

On a serious note....
Do they have contact with the outside world?
To me, that would make a huge difference.

Which of them do you think will do the digging? laugh

I assume they would have contact with mission control.
Plus they have an American journalist on the team. Shouldnt be hard to broadcast when needs be.

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 04:38 AM
How a dating app hookup landed a teen on the sex offender registry

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/03/us/dating-app-sex-offender-registry/index.html?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obnetwork

Elkhart, Indiana (CNN)Zach Anderson is 19 and a typical teenager. He's into computers and wants to build a career around his love for electronics.

But those plans and any semblance of a normal life are for now out the window. Under court order, he can't access the Internet, go to a mall or linger near a school or playground. His parents say because he has a 15-year-old brother, he can't even live at home any longer.

Why? He's been placed on the sex offender registry after a dating app hookup.

It began, Zach and his family say, when he went on a racy dating app called "Hot Or Not."

He was at his home in Elkhart, Indiana, when he met the girl, who lived across the state line in nearby southern Michigan.

The girl told Zach she was 17, but she lied. She was only 14, and by having sex with her, Zach was committing a crime. He was arrested and convicted.

He was given a 90-day jail sentence, five years probation and placed on both Indiana and Michigan's sex offender registry for the next 25 years. A colossal mistake, say his parents.

"It's a blatant lie," his father, Lester Anderson says. Amanda Anderson, his mother, says "it doesn't even fit our lifestyle; it doesn't fit how we raised our kids." Zach says his parents had always told him not to have sex before marriage.

'I want to be in trouble and not you'
Both the girl's mother and the girl herself appeared in court, to say they didn't believe Zach belonged on the sex offender registry. The girl admitted lying and outside of court, she handed the Anderson family a letter. She wrote in part, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you my age. It kills me every day, knowing you are going through hell and I'm not. I want to be in trouble and not you."

But even if the sex was consensual and even if the girl did lie about her age, it is not a defense under current sex offender laws.

In fact, Judge Dennis Wiley, who sentenced Zach, said he was angry that Zach had used the Internet to meet a girl.

"That seems to be part of our culture now," he said, according to a transcript. "Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever,"

A former judge in a nearby town says the sex offender registry has to be changed. Especially for cases like Zach's.

"If we caught every teenager that violated our current law," says former Judge William Buhl, "we'd lock up 30 or 40 percent of the high school. We're kidding ourselves."

Everyone on the same list
Buhl says the problem is that the registry is a one-size-fits-all list that treats everyone as if they pose the same threat, whether they are a predatory child molester or a teen who had sex with his girlfriend.

In a highly critical study of the sex offender registry in 2013, Human Rights Watch says there is "no evidence" that placing teens on the sex offender registries make communities safer.

Even convicted sex offenders, the very people the registry was set up to monitor, say their type of criminal behavior and mindset is vastly different from some of these teens.

Ted Rodarm, who served prison time for molestation, says teens such as Zach don't belong on the same registry as sex offenders like him. Rodarm, who is now a part of a ministry for sex offenders, adds "the registry has become so diluted that you can't identify the truly dangerous, and that in itself is dangerous."

Buhl, who says he has presided over dozens of sex offender cases, agrees that the states are wasting resources on people who are unlikely to re-offend. He says one solution would be to have a risk assessment registry, in which offenders are assessed in terms of their threat to society. But he believes change is unlikely, because few lawmakers would be willing to back a provision that lessens the severity of sex crime laws.

As for Zach, he's awaiting another court hearing in which his attorney will try to mitigate his sentence.

There's no telling, of course, whether that will be successful.

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 03:47 AM
roses for Redbutterfly098

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 02:30 AM
i like the choices

"Sleep"

i dream of things above and beneath.
set not my mind too high nor deep.

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:49 AM
Beware manspreading, enjoy wine o'clock: new Oxford words

LONDON (AP) — Manspreading is so widespread it's now a word.

The term, coined by commuters, refers to men on public transport who splay their legs wide apart and encroach on neighboring seats. It's now been added to OxfordDictionaries.com.

The free online dictionary of current usage, created by the publishers of the venerable Oxford English Dictionary, issued its quarterly update Thursday of new words that have gained widespread currency in the English language. Here's a sampling from the list:

—beer o'clock, n: the appropriate time of day to start drinking beer

—wine o'clock, n: same as above, only with wine

—Brexit, n.: a term for the potential or hypothetical departure of the United Kingdom from the 28-nation European Union

—Grexit, n.: a term for the potential withdrawal of Greece from the 19-nation eurozone, the countries in the European Union that use the shared euro currency.

—butt dial, v.: calling someone accidentally with your mobile phone in a rear pocket

—cat cafe, n.: a café or similar establishment where people pay to interact with cats housed on the premises

—fatberg, n.: very large mass of solid waste in a sewerage system, consisting especially of congealed fat and personal hygiene products that have been flushed down toilets

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:35 AM

THANK YOU for this thread Pansytilly flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

glad it makes your day happy

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I agree with you Rains, these are all very pretty and the idea Tilly had with the thread was absolutely wonderful. Thank you, beautiful girl. :-)

i like flowers flowerforyou

they make me smile

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:31 AM

http://www.1800flowers.com/doggie-paddle-91878?categoryId=400064993#

Not sure how to add picts but this little one is pretty cute :)

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:29 AM
wildflowers for PacificStar48

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 01:13 AM
bird of paradise for chronicliar75

no photo
Sun 08/30/15 12:55 AM

interesting contributions. thank you.:smile:

I am posting on your rant room right now, thinking of you NOT as Ch my bestfriend,
BUT someone I just meet here in Mingle.

On good intentions: Whether it is to encourage, support, applaud or point to the right direction..
is not necessary if you will have to hurt yourself in the process..it is
not worth it.

Your posts:

Flower Thread
Emotive Pictures
Ninoy Aquino's Love Poem for Cory
Out Out Demon of Stupidity
Courage Beer
Finding courage- 'You Got 5 Minutes'
Misty Nights (I really thought the poem is for Ch's mother-
that is why I posted 'Do you still' on this rant room)

All those I listed ma'am are the reasons why I keep on
mistaking you as Ch, I haven't seen for 17 years.

Your flower thread helps me figure out things,
I always read your posts.
That being said your opinion matters to me..

That is why it is IMPORTANT to me ma'am that you will know
that ever since I came here in Mingle July 25, 2015:

I ONLY POSTED here in the Mingle forum as Chronicliar75.
I NEVER have another account in mingle since July 25, 2015 until now.
I ONLY HAVE ONE ACCOUNT HERE IN MINGLE MA'AM THAT I PERSONALLY REGISTERED.

Not that I'm not tempted. Yes I was very tempted on 2 occasions

1. when I followed your post and i read some shapely woman looking for a nice irishman.
I rationalize, maybe that is the faster & easier way than to wear my heart on my sleeves, everytime I post.
BUT it is the idea of the 'trial & error' that discouraged me. SO I DID NOT REGISTER UNDER A DIFFERENT USER NAME
EVEN IF I AM TEMPTED.

2. I have a hard time posting pictures in Mingle. I rationalize, that it may be much better for me to practice on my own
by registering under another name and practice via instant messaged to myself ..so I can see and test, if it works. Without me being a pain in the neck to other people. But Mightymoe's suggestion works.. SO I DO NOT SEE THE NEED FOR ANOTHER USERNAME.

Basing on your posts I see you as someone with:

-discernment

-exceptionally good with technology

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING THE TRUTH THEN FEEL FREE TO USE WHAT YOU HAVE.

While it is okay for me to try hard to keep up and learn at the same time.

while it is okay for me to try hard to keep up and figure out at the same time,

i just find it unfair that people judged someone based on other's post, other's assumptions and other's unfair speculation..

...and dragging other people down because of it.

Please be assured that this will be the last time I will be posting on your rantroom.
I FEEL THE NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU..
I AM VERY SORRY.
I will try to keep out of your way.

you do wear your heart on your sleeve...

i will take this opportunity to address you in a like manner, out of respect for your obvious intelligence and honesty.

while i do not know or can even come close to presuming your relationship with Ch, i can clearly see that she is a large part of who you are. i will reiterate what i've said before, she does deserve to know how you feel about her, and you deserve to have the chance to tell her yourself.

my take on good intentions...it is a double-edged sword, just like many things in life.

it is inevitable for pain and disappointment to occur when you open yourself to many expectations, real or otherwise. the question of worthiness, is something you must discern for yourself. the experience along the way, gives you the wisdom to move beyond the hurt and to experience the many faces of love.

i do not doubt that you are who you claim to be, without an alternate account. i see no issue in this.

how my posts or anyone else's for that matter, affect you is entirely up to you. you are imbibed with a mind and a heart to know which ones are meant well, which ones are for humor, and which ones are intended with malice.

i have found that many here are helpful. we are all human and we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. what we do to others (good, bad or otherwise), and what we do to ourselves(good, bad or otherwise), is entirely what we choose to do. that's what makes the world both interesting and cruel at the same time.

for you to say that my posts and opinions matter to you (and i hope in a generally positive manner), is heartfelt. please pay it forward and inspire others as well.

i am not quite certain what you are driving at with some of the statements you released. so i will not address them.

am i discerning? maybe. tho, i have had some say i am stupid, naive and gullible. perhaps i am all these things rolled into one.
am i tech savvy? i know i am not...lol...tho i try to learn "OJT" style.

you do not seem much older or much younger than i am. we still have a long way to go. you are here for your reasons, i am here for mine. what are you apologizing for? be considerate of others, be the best version of yourself, and let that shine for everyone to appreciate.

be of good cheer and God bless.

regards,
mgsmd "PT"

no photo
Sat 08/29/15 08:50 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 08/29/15 09:01 PM

Well one assumes that there is video of the conversation when she is first requested for a 'search', and then various camera angles that show them going to the bathroom.

Since the agent has already been fired, one has to assume they showed him the video. If he can find some way to explain it away, then they would have waited for the court case to finish.

For example if the video shows her approaching him, and then they go to the bathroom, he could say she offered him a 'quickie' and it was consentual. Today, since most airports are wired for sound, they may even have the audio on the conversation.

TSA doesn't have a history of unwarranted firings, and there's already too many stories of bad TSA employees out there.

Unless there's a compelling reason to keep him on the payroll, he's out the door.

I do not see any reason why he brought her to the bathroom to be privately inspected.

When i travel as a tourist, it does get intimidating to not follow what airport personnel "requests" you to do, especially when traveling alone. They don't usually offer any explanation or reason for detaining you or your passport. And most you can do is just follow them to where they bring you for fear of making an incident and being deemed as "suspicious" and denied entry.

Herself being a resident of Manhattan, i can't see why she did not question and report what was happening BEFORE getting in the bathroom with him.

no photo
Sat 08/29/15 08:33 PM

Oklahoma day care probed for drugging kids to get them to sleep

Is that really any different than parents giving their kids Ritalin or some other drug based on some sort of psychological reasoning?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/28/science/many-social-science-findings-not-as-strong-as-claimed-study-says.html?_r=0

What about sugar and caffeine? Sodas, diet sodas, honey boo boo's "go go juice," energy drinks, the candy aisle in any convenience store, cookies brought to school.

Ask anyone that tries to give up soda or coffee or energy drinks. People suffer withdrawals and have a hard time doing it, these things cause addiction.

And jesus, the FDA just approved oxycontin for kids older than 11.

Kids are freaking drugged everyday by pretty much everyone including themselves.

Even tapwater has drugs in it.

I just don't think this is that big of deal.

You give your kids to strangers whose only incentive is money, guess what, crap happens.

what..... whoa .......drinks .....

no photo
Sat 08/29/15 08:28 PM

find somebody who always thinks they are right bigsmile

bigsmile :banana: :banana: :angel:

no photo
Sat 08/29/15 08:24 PM
Edited by Pansytilly on Sat 08/29/15 08:24 PM
You would be surprised at what some people can say and do to try to save face. I know i have.

Some will likely admit to the error of their ways and repent (real or not)

But im sure there will be those that will justify and use it to gain more followers. I have seen it happen. And they are good at it...very charismatic and convincing. People can be very forgiving and forgetful when the right lines are fed at the right time.

With the right media coverage, for sure, it will be interesting.

no photo
Sat 08/29/15 07:59 PM
The plot thickens... :laughing: