Community > Posts By > flyace

flyace's photo
Mon 02/02/09 04:32 PM
Edited by flyace on Mon 02/02/09 04:33 PM
neck... the neck the only erogenous zone you can show off in public.

flyace's photo
Mon 02/02/09 04:30 PM
thanks for the post. I totally agree with you. if some one obviously did not read your profile or gave a "hey" email then drop them. those are the looky loos and should be ignored. but if they did read your profile and you don't it's rude. almost all the profiles I read say "if you don't read my profile don't message me" what if I did read it and get ignored just the same as if I didn't. why should I read any of them if its just a crap shoot. if you look and say well just not for me fine but if he took the effort to read yours then he should at least get a response. which is the point I was trying to make. one liners forget em. but if some one takes the time to read and refer to and relate to your profile in a 4-5 sentence well written paragraph. the least some one can do is give them a thanks but no thanks. like the guy said you can even keep one generic on on file in word and cut and paste it. takes 10 seconds. any way I'm way over it I didn't even care that much to begin with.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 01:42 PM

9 pages about nothing. Nothing to see here folks.

oops Oh now come on... look at all the threads that have less than THIS to look at. Puhleeze.

I think it fits in rather nicely :laughing: :laughing:

I guess you're right... as usual.

does any one have a gun to put this thread out of it's misery?

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 01:14 PM

im 21 and doing very well in med school right now theres only one thing i need from a women right now.... and thats not telling me waht an asshole i am

Okay I won't tell you what an asshole you are. So now you have all you want.

In fact, if you avoid all women, none of the will tell you what an ass hole you are.laugh

But where is the challenge in that?

that's why she askedspock

oh no no no ..i go out i love women i just tell them im not looking for a relationship.. so you could say im just looking tio get laid but i wont just put it in anything that walks in front of me..

Oh really? Then where DO you 'put it' babe? smokin

i bet ya would like to knowbigsmile devil

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 12:30 PM

Actually I did read several of the posts, The initial complaint is sending emails and being ignored. The basic response is "It happens, stop whinning and get over it". Sorry but the fact that it happens often doesnt make it good behavior. Like I said it takes 1 minute to reply. The question is, why not slap a sentence together saying thanks but no thanks?...too much effort?...dont know what to say?? enjoy treating the email/sender as insignificant??

sometimes what is sent in that initial contact e-mail raises a red flag..that says warning...avoid this one.....

with some people sending a sorry but no thanks..gets read as "yes you caught my attention..blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" and they continue to message you anyway

so if you never respond at all...they are more likely to just leave you alone....

Some people get mad at a rejection email. The easiest way to avoid that is not to respond to those who they're not interested in. So, I can see why people don't respond.

I know isn't that nuts. I have a friend who has 100"s of friends and doesn't know any of them.

if there is just cause for the red flag then that is a good reason to deny some one.

what I'm talking about is women saying you didn't write enough so I'm not even going to view your profile.

After all these pages, you're still wondering what to do about that?

it's nine pages yes but very few comments about the topic.

and really I didn't expect to get any response to the post. I was kinda expecting it to be just a statement. once it was misconstrued I felt the need to clarify.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:43 AM

Actually I did read several of the posts, The initial complaint is sending emails and being ignored. The basic response is "It happens, stop whinning and get over it". Sorry but the fact that it happens often doesnt make it good behavior. Like I said it takes 1 minute to reply. The question is, why not slap a sentence together saying thanks but no thanks?...too much effort?...dont know what to say?? enjoy treating the email/sender as insignificant??

sometimes what is sent in that initial contact e-mail raises a red flag..that says warning...avoid this one.....

with some people sending a sorry but no thanks..gets read as "yes you caught my attention..blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" and they continue to message you anyway

so if you never respond at all...they are more likely to just leave you alone....

Some people get mad at a rejection email. The easiest way to avoid that is not to respond to those who they're not interested in. So, I can see why people don't respond.

I know isn't that nuts. I have a friend who has 100"s of friends and doesn't know any of them.

if there is just cause for the red flag then that is a good reason to deny some one.

what I'm talking about is women saying you didn't write enough so I'm not even going to view your profile.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:39 AM
Edited by flyace on Tue 01/27/09 11:43 AM

I am not trying to force anyone to do anything. I fully accept the fact that people are not going to respond, thats fine. It doesnt change the fact that its bad behavior. I get cut-off in traffic...bad behavior yes, am I going to stop it from happening, of course not. However, I thought one of the purposes of forums is to exchange thoughts and ideas, thats all I am doing. Maybe I can learn something from the responses.

that's what I thought when I started this. but all I seem to get is a bunch of people who don't understand the post saying to get over it.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:35 AM

exactly.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:28 AM

OP, I'm never mistaken for friendly. laugh

I'm honest. Or sarcastic.... or empathetic, or whatever.

But friendly? Nope. Not me. I'm a yankee and we yanks are not friendly folk.

I'm sorry, I understand you feel the need to insult me. With grammer criticisms, or whatever. But I'm not going to be insulted, no matter what you say. You are putting more effort into trying to get a rise out of me than in all your contact mails, it woud seem. Why? The the heck am I to you? I'm a NOBODY.

how would you know how much effort I put into inital contact? you never got one.

you're right you are nobody...

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:21 AM

i love a good old verbal sparring but arent we just pushing the boat out a bit to far, are we milking this cow for all its worth

my apologies my jokes aren't my best attributes.

but come on lets leave it here, i think we have established whats the right and wrong thing to do, when youve been ignored by someone via the email world, so lets not contradict our self on here.

I think you're right. I just wrote that post to vent about another website... they don't have forums.

look all I'm saying is I should beable to write and a 1-2 line inital contact email and not be skipped over simply based on that. that's not me, my personality, my character. if she reads the profile and says to herself "just not for me" or "he looks like jim carey"(not that there is anything wrong with that). fine. what ever. but if I write 1-2 lines of hey check me out and get unread deleted simply based on lack of content with out even a cursory glance at my profile that's just messed up.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:13 AM

Yes ladies, why dont you respond?...granted you move on, but what does it take to say thanks but no thanks...1 minute? On another site I even drafted a rejection email and sent to a person that never responded saying "Hey next time you're not interested you can use this"....she responded then, let me have it with both barrels. oh well I got a reaction I guess

and now there are three. careful lilith thinks we are petty.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:11 AM
oh... I'm sorry. I mean really who would come to a forum for friendly banter. they would have to be obtuse...

and don't worry I don't think anyone who has read this thread will mistake you for friendly.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 10:05 AM

My posts were quite sarcastic and facetious. Over the top obviously so. If you did not get that? I'm sorry. But you'd have to be obtuse and concrete not to.

Come on.

offtopic nice vocabulary poor grammar.offtopic

but I digress... I'm neither obtuse nor concrete, you come in with are you kidding me and get over it. yes I do fail to see the friendly banter vibe in that.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:43 AM

OFTLOG, are you kidding me?

Listen, don't post about mails if you are posting about mailing other posters.
We all send and receive mails that are ignored. We all get cut off in traffic and hae our parking spaces taken, the light goes out in the checkout line as soon as we get in it, etc.

GET OVER IT.

you call that pebbles???

Again, look in the mirror...not like you have been the most approachable in this thread.

ok so I've been on the defensive here. so far only a hand full have even understood the point of the post.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:35 AM

I was fending off the wolfs.

You mean wolves? laugh

Sorry Fade....:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

yes wolves. thank you

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:35 AM

OFTLOG, are you kidding me?

Listen, don't post about mails if you are posting about mailing other posters.
We all send and receive mails that are ignored. We all get cut off in traffic and hae our parking spaces taken, the light goes out in the checkout line as soon as we get in it, etc.

GET OVER IT.

you call that pebbles???

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:32 AM

i agree with you, at least acknowledge the guy if thats by saying, i enjoyed your email but.....

as its rather rude to ignore anyway.

i rarely send emails and i only send emails to people ive met via the forums, so im not so prone to that kind of ignorance as some.

which is another reason as to why im such a fan of the forums.

and now there are two...

sorry it took so long.. I was fending off the wolfs.

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:40 AM

Honestly .. I hear the OP's statement totally different than most on here have.

I have sons.

They have often told me how HARD it is being the guy. It's not just about emails on an online dating site. It's about taking the initiative and getting rejected.

Gosh I remember my youngest son buying this stuffed bear and candy for a girl he liked in middle school on Valentine's Day. With his own $$ that he didn't have much of. I wanted to say .. NOOOOOOOO don't do that. But he was determined. Ya. Well, you know where this is going. She barely acknowledged the gift let alone thanked him. brokenheart B*TCH!!! LOL .. that was my SON you treated like trash .. pitchfork

Honestly, I like being a woman so much better. I would not want to be expected to be the one to reach out first. I have to believe it's painful the rejection guys get sometimes.

Now I know .. I know. In today's society, women initiate too. But still not as much as guys do and they've been doing it all along. It's got to be HARD!frustrated brokenheart

I think all FLY was attempting to say is .. wow, it's tough bein a guy and after trying to make an impression, still not connecting.

I personally feel his pain. As I do my sons.

Nuf said.

thank you f2b you are a true lady. smitten

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:35 AM

OP, you need to insert [ quote] before my words, and [ /quote] after them.

If you are going to use another poster's words, you need to quote them. As a newbie I understand this is not familiar to you, but it is expected now that you know. You may click edit post to fix this in yours. Thank you

And by the by, I might be one of the least feminist women on this site....laugh

so are we going to just make personal attacks now??? or did you hide your response in code???

flyace's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:17 AM

I read the thread. I always read an entire thread before I post, to not do so is rude. I understand your frustrations, I do. But what you do not see, well, that is vast it seems. Like the horizon on a clear day.

First of all, I'm hardly mad at being ignored.laugh I'm not a newbie here. My comment was to point out that you are not the center of the universe. We all experience things and get frustrated but we don't start entire threads that we feel this way, then continue to defend our petty selves once we've been outed as being petty. Then to expound on our pettiness with minutae, and call sarcastic posters out erroneously, I might add, as you have failed to understand either the content, context, or tone of their posts....

Next you'll tell me I'm a feminist, LMFAO!!:laughing:

well I'm glad you read the thread.

firstly I didn't know being a newbie was what we were talking about.offtopic

secondly I naver said nor implied that I was the center of the universe.

thirdly you're right it is a petty topic. much like many of the topics I've seen here in the fourms. that's what is for or should we start talking about existentialism and politics.

finally I don't believe I have erred in any of my "calling out" and as far a calling you a feminist... well lilith you said it not me.

btw fear you got a little something on your nose.

Previous 1