Community > Posts By > Appyspotz

Appyspotz's photo
Sun 09/05/10 10:46 AM
Now, I'm curious to see what the picture was.....

Appyspotz's photo
Sat 12/05/09 03:19 PM
Please tell me where you got the penquin video... I think its too funny....

Appyspotz's photo
Sat 12/05/09 11:01 AM
I also like to add sliced strawberries in a layer in the middle of the pudding... and... I make pineapple pudding the same way, with the vanilla wafers.... oh..its heaven!!!

Appyspotz's photo
Sat 12/05/09 10:44 AM
Oh...now...you have gone and made me HUNGRY!!!.... I think that sweet potatoes with marshmellows should also be available...as well as a sliced Ham, covered in pineapple and brown sugar, and marachino cherries....possibly have a fruit salad of apples, mandarin oranges, coconut, pineapple tidbits, sour cream and coolwhip...all mixed together and chilled ...and a big bowl of banana pudding, and sliced strawberries, topped with whipped eggwhites..and sprinkled with toasted coconut ...and... maybe some champagne mimosas.... That would be a wonderful holiday meal...LOL.. Merry Christmas!!!... Appyspotz...

Appyspotz's photo
Sun 11/15/09 07:18 AM
Gee...did I wander into a Chinese movie? ....LOL....laugh

Appyspotz's photo
Sun 11/15/09 07:17 AM
Are we talking Language here, or something in code? LOL....laugh

Appyspotz's photo
Fri 10/30/09 11:42 AM
I live in New Mexico.... Rio Rancho actually.... Appyspotz....

Appyspotz's photo
Tue 10/27/09 07:49 PM
Orange French Toast You take the meat of several oranges without the white pith and some cream cheese that you have softened . Mix the orange pulp with the cream cheese. In a bowl, mix eggs (I usually allow two per serving) some orange juice, about two tablespoons or so, some cinnamon and sugar to taste, and vanilla flavoring..to make it sweet..but spicy..and some nutmeg. Beat the egg mixture and dip your choice of Texas toast, or challah bread (love it), into the mixture AFTER you have split the toast to have a pocket in its side... into this pocket, you put the cream cheese and orange pulp mixture. You fry the toast just as you would other french toast, until golden. In the meanwhile, take orange juice in a small saucepan, heating til hot and bubbly... drizzle a cup of water mixed with cornstarch, slowly into the hot orange juice, and cook while stirring constantly, and the orange juice becomes thicker, and is now a sauce to put over the french toast. I like to also add some teaspoon or so of sugar to the orange juice, and some extra cinnamon and nutmeg. This is so good... decorate the french toast with additional orange slices and some whipped cream or powdered sugar. You can do the same with strawberries instead of oranges.. or peaches... Enjoy!!! Appyspotz...

Appyspotz's photo
Mon 10/19/09 08:40 PM
Gee.. could someone working in the sugar industry be trying to confuse the general public by saying that the high fructose is not sugar?..Its a form of sugar...to be accurate...but if you look at the content labels...a coke basically is about 27 grams of SUGARS!!!!...it really doesn't matter what form it is in...its the same thing to the body...glucose eventually...that feeds the brain, and if you get too much, as in a diabetic coma, or an alcoholic who binges just a bit too much...this glucose can KILL you!!...if you don't get enough to feed the brain.. you will have your brain cells will die...and subsequently...your body will follow...sometimes... otherwise...if it doesn't, you may be in this world, but not of it anymore... It doesn't matter if the sugar is natural or not... although I don't like chemical sugars either... but, we consume way to much sugar these days...and its not good for us... Back in the middle ages...sugar was a treasure... to be doled out in tiny increments... it was precious! like gold almost.... well.. we should have stuck to that idea...and we would all be a lot thinner... sugars are known to make aging worse...and while even diabetics require some form of carbs or sugars...to live...its the excess that is the problem... Sorry I apparently offended your pride in your job...but, I stand by my statements... check out Peertrainer...for one site, to check out what I said..about sodas.. you can just google the information ... its not rocket science, y'all.... Appyspotz....

Appyspotz's photo
Sun 10/18/09 08:51 PM
As an RN... I can tell you, that soda that is "brown"...has phosphoric acid in it, which leaches the calcium from your bones. This is rapidly becoming a problem in America, as we drink so much Coke and Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper... not to mention that every 12 ounce can of soda has about 9-12 teaspoons of sugar in it. If you will measure that into an empty glass, you will see that it fills up an 8 ounce glass half way, with nothing but the dry sugar. It gives you a bit of perspective, especially when you find out that sugar is very destructive to your skin cells, making you age quicker than someone who doesn't indulge. Eating more often, say every 3 hours or so, will help keep your engine revved...and you will burn more calories with a faster metabolism. But to lose, you've got to MOVE!!!.... plus, get enough sleep. At least 7 or 8 hours to keep your cortisol levels down, which is from your adrenals... above your kidneys. These levels particularly rise in females, in a higher proportion than in men. Yes.. its easier for a man to lose than we ladies...simply due to the fact that they have bigger muscle mass than we do. Which is why, if you eat more protein, in small amounts, and use weight training, not to increase the size of your muscles, Ladies.. but to build muscle for "burning" of calories, you will possibly weigh more, than you used to, before weight training, but look thinner...Muscle weighs more than fat...and metabolizes calories quicker. Water is very important in losing weight, or in just staying hydrated, so you don't confuse dehydration with hunger. You can drink too much, that is true, and become electrolyte depleted, of the minerals and electrolytes that make your internal engine work. But it takes an impossibly crazy amount of water to do this... so, concentrate on at least 8 to 10 glasses of fluid a day. And, if you add fiber to your diet in the form of melons, and veggies with fluid in them, you will also add more hydration to your system, which will make your skin dewy and soft. Check out low glycemic fruits and veggies with lots of fiber, and you will lower your blood glucose, or blood sugar, and this will help you lose faster and will also decrease your chances of becoming diabetic. Its complicated how our bodies work..but, in some ways, its simple to understand, once you get the tour. Good luck on your weight loss. It takes determination, and just putting that one foot in front of the other. Walking is great exercise, easier on the knees and hip joints than running. You can take short walks throughout the day.. go up stairs or down...increase your moving, period. Dancing in the middle of your livingroom is a great way to work out..to a fast beat... or hiking a trail, or anything that will make you get going... No pill or exercise device will make the weight come off, its what you put in your mouth and how often you get off the couch.. BUT... go to your doctor and get a good physical first.. a real one, not just a poor excuse for one that they generally say is a physical, these days. Get some blood work so you know what your labs say about your glucose and your electrolytes and iron.. so, you can have a baseline idea what you are dealing with..and the state of your current health... then later... check those values again, once you've lost the weight. I guarantee, you will see a big difference in your health, once the weight is gone. Also, make sure you take a multi vitamin to help make sure you are taking in what you need on a minimal basis daily. I believe that we are seriously deprived of proper vitamin intakes with our fast food diets...and I think that it creates inflammation in the tissues of our bodies, which creates swelling and weight gain, from fluid retention. Vitamin D is a biggie that we need, and most people are seriously depleted in supply of it. Sunlight and food supplies some, but not enough.. take a dose of cod liver oil daily. They have it now, where it doesn't taste bad and even has flavors to make it taste ok.. it will make your joints and your skin and your eyes better. Oh..and there are sites online, like Sparkpeople.com that is a free weightloss support group, with recipes and calculators.. even Prevention.com is available for free visual makeovers..so you can download your picture and see a before and after weight loss of yourself..for motivation. Again...good luck!!!....Appyspotz....

Appyspotz's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:54 PM
Madonna and Britney??????????????????????????

Appyspotz's photo
Thu 10/15/09 04:25 PM
I think the caption should say.... Hey, Hey , Hey...We're the new neighbors..!!!!..... and... "we just moved in next door to 1700 Pennsylvania Avenue....Washington, D.C.".... and see how long they would continue to live there....LOL....

Appyspotz's photo
Fri 09/25/09 11:34 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwe....its holding your paw......LOL....:smile: