trishthedish1997's photo
Fri 12/26/08 12:13 PM
I agree with all of these people, but I beleive they are all missing one important fact... these women, with the exception of the first, left you, not your daughter. They made a conscoious decision not to be in your life. Your daughter needs to understand that her "real" mother may have left her with you because she felt you were better equipped to raise her, and the others did not have the option to take her with them. Since I don't know the whole story, I can't say for sure, but my opinion is that complete honesty is the best medicine for a screwed up teen...

If you would like to talk privately, I may be of more use as I have been that screwed up teen. I have also given a child up for adoption and have been the one to try to help many kids in situations like your daughter is in. I tend to love everyone's children, and can be a great big sister. I have lots of teens that look up to me and want to talk to me about things they cant go to their parents with.

trishthedish1997's photo
Fri 12/26/08 11:53 AM

Hey, try being pregnant on here. noway I've had more guys run scared, block me, or even go as far as deleting their profile all because I'm upfront from the very beginning by telling them I'm pregnant.

It does get annoying sometimes. But it's better to find out in the beginning where they stand before deep feelings can develop.

You'll find someone who will accept you and your children, it will just take time. Just don't give up or get discouraged! flowerforyou
You know what you're doing there Carmen? You're getting rid of the dog's real quick. Maybe we all should try that as a tactic to find who the real men are. The good men will step up o the plate.

I can't beleive I'm not the only pregnant woman on here..lol...I look it as a great way to weed out the jerks...but then there are the young ones that think it would be fun to be with a pregnant woman...a Real man will accept your children as a part of your life, we just need to find them. That is the hard part.

trishthedish1997's photo
Sun 12/21/08 01:05 PM
Thank you everyone... it has been very helpful, though kind of strange at times... I feel a little better about all of this, and by the way, I have been doing the online dating thing for 8 years on and off...I guess that is some of the frustration. Now I have a new issue with it though. I keep getting messages on my yahoo account(it is set up as an anonymous account so that I will be safe-fake last name, etc.)saying that they found me on Mingle2 just to find out that their id has been canceled ... they seem to be foreigners, and I wonder if they were banned for bad behavior... any thoughts or knowledge?

trishthedish1997's photo
Thu 12/11/08 11:34 AM
ok, I have been doing the online dating thing for a long time, and i would like to finally get it right... I am looking for the one...not casual sex... I keep getting a lot of responses from young kids...20somethings that are looking for sex...Or, even worse, the ones that lie to me and tell me they want something serious and then end up being cheaters and liers... How can i appeal to men that are mature and looking for a long-term relationship? Is it something in the way i present myself? Is it because I am so open and honest that they know how to convince me? Please take a look at my profile on here and also my profile on singlesnet.com under the same username...what do you think?