Community > Posts By > willn1k

willn1k's photo
Mon 08/19/13 04:23 PM

There's live music at local bars around here. I go check out local bands often. So, if the person I'm dating doesn't want to drink, that's fine, but if he refused to go anywhere people drank, that would be an issue.

that not a issue with me, but woman look at me in a weird way when I say I dont and wont drink

willn1k's photo
Sun 08/18/13 09:42 PM
I was told I'm too boring to date because I can't keep up

willn1k's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:28 PM
I've ask this question before but not like this. Could you date a non drinker? why? Don't say designated driver.

willn1k's photo
Mon 07/15/13 09:18 PM
couldn't get a girlfriend
still can't get one online

willn1k's photo
Mon 01/21/13 09:46 PM
There are a lot of things you don't need to try to know you don't like it

willn1k's photo
Thu 01/17/13 12:57 AM

I see your not easily persuaded

Yeah once I make up my mind its very hard to change it

willn1k's photo
Sun 09/09/12 08:58 PM

I'm not much of a drinker but I find it rather annoying to be around drunks and not be drunk too or at least tipsy. One of those times I just go for the flow and you don't have to drink yourself stupid. Drink those wobbly pops in moderation and you might just have a good time.

I don't want to in moderation

willn1k's photo
Thu 09/06/12 06:35 PM

You might try going on dates with like minded people. Do you really want to be on dates where she is drinking and your not?

I dont mind if she is drinking, as long as she dont try and get me to do it.

willn1k's photo
Wed 09/05/12 07:24 PM

More kudos to the ones who don't bow down to letting others force them into drinking. When you see people falling out of bars and throwing up in the street, it makes you glad you're not that person. More fool the one who ends up deathly ill, because who really wants to be ill like that every weekend? Waking up needing to throw up all day. Not that appealing.

That don't sound like fun to me

willn1k's photo
Mon 09/03/12 10:54 PM

It will never happen

How long do you intend on remaining a virgin?:wink:

offtopic

willn1k's photo
Wed 02/01/12 10:18 PM

If you don't wanna drink...DON'T.

You can still go hang out with your friends, shoot pool, throw darts and socalize....

Just a matter of self control.

Just cause ya go to a football game doesn't mean you gotta jump out onto the field.

I understant that but other people dont.

willn1k's photo
Sat 12/17/11 05:09 PM

heck no..we would go to Starbucks and have a blasthappy

sound like fun

willn1k's photo
Tue 12/13/11 12:57 AM

Well if my biggest problem was that my friends keep trying to buy me a drink, then I would consider myself lucky.

It not my biggest problem, its just one of many I cant solve.

willn1k's photo
Sun 12/04/11 11:43 PM

Why would you waste your time wishing people would act the way you want them to act?

laugh laugh

So I can go out and have fun without people trying to get me to drink

willn1k's photo
Wed 11/23/11 09:14 PM
I'm not sure, I've been single and lonely for a long time, so I can't compare.

willn1k's photo
Mon 11/14/11 06:56 PM

I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink!

People have said this to me before, how many people really feel this way?

I would take it as a joke, we say it here as well, I don't drink but my friends definately trust me.
Basically don;t worry about any of it, i never drank, still dont, but always had fun with my friends. i was also always the driver, so nobody cared.

I know it was a joke, I just wanted to know if anybody feel this way

willn1k's photo
Sun 11/13/11 10:37 PM

I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink!

People have said this to me before, how many people really feel this way?

willn1k's photo
Thu 11/03/11 10:56 PM

why do you find the need to change someone from who they truely are? Not everyone needs to drink to have a good time or be social

I agree

willn1k's photo
Wed 11/02/11 07:24 PM

Hey Will, listen to Navy and Sweet, listen to me, we are telling you straight. When someone offers to buy you a drink just smile, say thanks, and order a coke. Know what I mean? Smooth and easy, it's all about the smile. You have no obligation to explain your choice, you have no reason to feel pressure. Take the ball out of play man, your in control..flowers

I will always say no, that is not the problem. I just want to know why is it so hard for people to understand I never want to drink.

It's hard because for most people in your age range drinking is a given sweetie. If I am going to be totally honest with you I have to tell you it was the same way when I was in my twenties. I think you may also be an exception to the rule because as a non drinker you hang out with peeps who drink. I imagine they feel drinking adds a positive element to socializing and they want you to experience it along with them.

I'm almost at the point I don't want to go out anymore.

Poor baby. sad Everyone wants you to become an alcoholic! You have no will of your own. You can't stand the peer pressure.

For sure, if you continue to go out you will succumb to the temptations of peer pressure and start drinking.

(Its true if you hang out in bars too much you will eventually take a drink.)

So find some other fun activity besides hanging out with drinkers in bars.

Take up a hobby. (preferably one that includes a lot of men.)

I will never try it,no one can talk me into it, I just wish people stop trying. I do have other hobbies, I just like to hang out with my friends, and they never try to get me to drink it always the new people.

willn1k's photo
Tue 11/01/11 07:57 PM

Hey Will, listen to Navy and Sweet, listen to me, we are telling you straight. When someone offers to buy you a drink just smile, say thanks, and order a coke. Know what I mean? Smooth and easy, it's all about the smile. You have no obligation to explain your choice, you have no reason to feel pressure. Take the ball out of play man, your in control..flowers

I will always say no, that is not the problem. I just want to know why is it so hard for people to understand I never want to drink.

It's hard because for most people in your age range drinking is a given sweetie. If I am going to be totally honest with you I have to tell you it was the same way when I was in my twenties. I think you may also be an exception to the rule because as a non drinker you hang out with peeps who drink. I imagine they feel drinking adds a positive element to socializing and they want you to experience it along with them.

I'm almost at the point I don't want to go out anymore.