Community > Posts By > willn1k

willn1k's photo
Thu 05/12/11 12:34 AM

Lots of interesting opinions on this thread.

I don't drink, never have, made the decision at a young age. I'm 38 now and still have never had any alcohol. But that's just me. I don't pass judgment on others who do drink because my decision was just mine.

I do hang out in the bars sometimes, but it's to see bands and hang out with friends, not to consume alcohol. If I could go see live music without ever setting foot in a bar, I would. But that's where the music typically is, so, that's where I go.

When I tell people I don't drink, they usually say, "Really? NEver? NEVER? Not even on your 21st birthday or a glass of wine with dinner? REally?" And then I say, "Yes, really." And that's the end of the conversation. Or they may ask how come I don't drink. I have my reasons but they are my reasons, so, I just say, "I just don't, that's all." That usually satisfies the curiosity of most people I've encountered.

I wish I could meet people like that. I like to see pay pre view UFC fight at bars, but now I don't know if I want to go anymore

willn1k's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:53 PM

Why when I tell people that I never drink alcohol before and never will that try to get me to drink? I don't understand why they keep trying.

Maybe it's because of the way you make them feel...

How do I make them feel? I don't think I'm better then them.

willn1k's photo
Tue 05/10/11 12:14 AM

It's not just alcohol, it's anything. Cigarettes, pot, even stuff like food or energy drinks. People have a hard time with "No thanks, not interested".

This is an interesting point. It's as if people are chasing the non-drinker.

People communicate in only 5 ways. They demonstrate higher value, they demonstrate lower value, they indicate interest, they indicate disinterest and they test for compliance.

Offering someone a drink, or food or whatever is an attempt to demonstrate high value. But, by indicating disinterest, that value is lowered and they feel a need to bring their value up again. So, they push and test for compliance. Maybe the can MAKE you drink.

I think they should just give up

willn1k's photo
Sun 05/01/11 11:42 PM

Why when I tell people that I never drink alcohol before and never will that try to get me to drink? I don't understand why they keep trying.

It's not just alcohol, it's anything. Cigarettes, pot, even stuff like food or energy drinks. People have a hard time with "No thanks, not interested".

Why is this that? I really want to know

willn1k's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:08 PM

you will drink one day

only if there is a gun to my head

willn1k's photo
Fri 04/29/11 01:04 AM
Women don't like me sad

willn1k's photo
Fri 04/29/11 12:41 AM
I don't see why people like to drink anyway

willn1k's photo
Mon 04/25/11 10:35 PM

Also, telling them that "I never drink alcohol before and never will.." sounds a bit like the beginning of an attitude or sermon against the evils of drinking. So they want to bring you down because they feel you think you are making better choices than they are, so you must feel superior to them.

I don't feel I'm superior to anyone, I say that so people don't ask me to drink, it don't work

willn1k's photo
Mon 04/25/11 10:23 PM
They live close to the bar so no one is thinking that

willn1k's photo
Mon 04/25/11 10:09 PM
Its getting to the point that I don't want to go out anymore

willn1k's photo
Mon 04/25/11 09:17 PM
It will never happen

willn1k's photo
Mon 04/25/11 07:39 PM

willn1k's photo
Thu 03/17/11 03:30 PM
I'm a man, I'm here, what up?

willn1k's photo
Mon 02/28/11 08:33 PM
I really don't know

willn1k's photo
Wed 12/29/10 10:20 PM
Lol sorry I saw looking for women and didn't read the rest.

willn1k's photo
Tue 12/28/10 10:05 PM
No

Do you love your iphone?

willn1k's photo
Tue 12/28/10 09:55 PM
You are pretty, too bad you're not looking for a man:cry: :cry:

willn1k's photo
Wed 12/22/10 07:35 PM

What is the longest you have gone without being in a relationship?

never been in a relationshiptears

willn1k's photo
Wed 12/22/10 12:05 AM
I've been on this site for a long time, I think I've got 6 people to message me.

willn1k's photo
Tue 12/21/10 06:37 PM
How many people here in Chicago meet people on this web site?