Community > Posts By > cofunguy

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:58 PM
And if it is on a cell phone, you can have his number blocked on certain provider's networks. I know Verizon does - can't say if the others do.

Just a thought in case you want to go that route.

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/11/08 01:50 PM
And some men don't care what a woman looks like - it's the inner beauty that matters more. Sure there needs to be some physical aspect but for the most part, the inner is what truly makes a person.

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/11/08 01:48 PM
Well I know there are people out there who can't spell. Probably due to the cell phone messaging technology or things like that. But I do pride myself on spelling correctly. Sure I don't know how to spell everything.

But sadly you do have to weed out the good apples from the bad. And sadly it seems the bad ones are winning! And thus if spelling is a big issue for you, obviously one has to weed out the ones who don't know how to spell and/or punctuate properly. To each is own.

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/11/08 01:17 PM
Well there are definitely some gentlemen out there in the big pool of fish. Sadly though with all the jerks and one night stand folks, they get all the flak from those above 2 named groups.

and like they say it takes 2 to tango, so I suspect there are similiar gals out there that make it hard for them to contact their potential mate as well.

Sadly it does take time - oh if we all had crystal balls to answer life's little questions like when I'll find my potential mate, etc. I did have one..darn UPS lost it! sad

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/11/08 01:04 PM
Well that thread moves way too fast - seems like there is a new one like every 1-2 days. Very hard to follow if you do need such a person. What might be in order is 2 threads..one for actual matches and another for discussion/fun/whatnot.

Tom

cofunguy's photo
Wed 12/10/08 06:38 PM
Thanks lil. I gathered Buttercup was a dog after getting the card.

Glad to spread the holiday cheer. Now if darn Santa would fulfill everyone's wishes to find that special someone was just as easy! Sigh.

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Wed 12/10/08 03:42 PM
Got my mail today and found cards from Raydar and Lilbug.

Thanks you 2..always nice to have something to look forward to!

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Wed 12/10/08 03:31 PM
Edited by cofunguy on Wed 12/10/08 03:33 PM

I got one today from cofunguy

Thanks (Thomas)flowerforyou

So did Tony & I...Thank you Thomas!bigsmile

Not to get off topic..but did Tony appreciate the note ?? :laughing: Or should I worry about a strange man showing up on my doorstep in like 4+ hours since you are just down the street (if you can call the highway a street!)

Your welcome - was a pleasure to do...Like to try to personalize each one. I know a dying trait - people actually writing a few lines!!

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Wed 12/10/08 03:26 PM
Edited by cofunguy on Wed 12/10/08 03:27 PM

Does anyone know about how much it cost to mail a letter to Canada?

It cost me 92 cents for Canada, I thought. But then I am a man, and you know us..we are ALWAYS wrong! <G>

And to the above posters, you are most welcome. Was a joy to do. And will do it next year too. Just find it a little "funny" that most of the women were in the NY/Penn area. Hopefully others will participate next year. Also does help there is snow on the ground here and makes it even more festive.

And again, a big thank you goes out to lilbug, since without her we wouldn't be doing this! Thanks..and a big hug too!

Remember it's the little things in life that people can enjoy more than what the richest person can ever buy!

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Wed 12/10/08 06:57 AM
Maybe so - but how do you stop them? Seems they are all coming from this site and it is getting very upsetting to say the least!

cofunguy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:17 AM
Have sent cards to everyone that has emailed me - even the few that trickled in.

Was plesantly surprised to see some Christmas cards in the mailbox this morning. Thought it would be another day since some of you folks live way out East there in NY/Penn area.

Thus got 3 more cards today from
Gig60
bad_girl
and ladyliz

Thanks you 3 - always nice to have a little surprise to look forward to. Even more so when there is 4+ inches of NEW snow on the ground here in Denver - makes it more festive.

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:22 PM
Edited by cofunguy on Sun 12/07/08 04:28 PM
I am sending out the cards today. Just realized there are 2 more people added to the list, so will contact them later on today.

Hope everyone is having fun with this - definitely has been enjoyable.

And redgirl67 - thanks for the card! Got yours

Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 10:35 AM
Well it has been snowing here - so adds a little festive element to the day. Sure it is cold but sadly can't have snow without cold (unless someone knows how to keep the snow on the ground when it's 60+ degrees w/o it turning to water! LOL). But if one is always positive, good things usually happen.

And I just got a call out of the blue to meet someone for some holiday shopping. Always nice to meet someone new - even if it is to do shopping. And we didn't plan to meet till next Tuesday - so little surprises like that are always nice. And we have been friends for some time so I don't expect a lot but everyone has to start somewhere.

Hope everyone is having a great day - and remember to smile!

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 10:29 AM
As much as I like real christmas trees, sadly I do use artificial trees. Just less hassle - cleaning up the pine needles and having to throw the tree away.

And of course there is the ecological aspect - a live tree would do more good in the forest than sitting in the corner for a few weeks before getting tossed. And no, I'm not a negative person regarding Christmas - I love the time. Just think the tree would do more good LIVING than being cut for a brief purpose.

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 10:25 AM
Sorry to hear you got laid off. I never understood companies that did that around the holidays. Bad enough the economy s*cks - but to do that around this timeframe just might make some go over the edge.

And it's not like some companies didn't know that they wouldn't lay off employees. I know some companies might have been waiting for a big contract or deal that might have gone south and thus I could see layoffs due to that. But if they are just laying off people in general, they knew for months and thus why not do it before the holidays.

Again, I never understood the logic of companies laying people during usually the more festive times of the year. I know that companies need to make money and all - but at least show some compassion too. Sadly company loyalty is not like our parents where you could work at a place for life.

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 10:19 AM
Well gotta go with the classics.

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

and

It's a Wonderful Life

There are probably other good ones but those 2 seem to always put one in a good mood.

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 10:15 AM
that are quite upsetting. (what I would call very desperate women looking for attention) They claim to be saying they are finding my yahoo user name here on mingle2.com. What I would like to know is how that can be the case and how I can prevent further ?

Thanks

cofunguy's photo
Fri 12/05/08 08:16 AM
Well I've emailed everyone on the list. So hopefully will get the cards out this weekend. So if I missed anyone (which could be possible due to cut and paste & having to wait 10 minutes after sending 5 out), just email me.

I know there are a 2 people that have settings set up that I couldn't email so thus if you are those 2 (lovetoride12345 and Inghntr) please correct your email settings so others can exchange Christmas cards!

Have a great weekend!
Thomas

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/04/08 11:10 PM

I just posted this in the Jingles thread, too, but it will work just as well here. Since I am not partaking in the Christmas card exchange, I will share with you a slideshow video that I made last Christmas, as My Christmas Card To You. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGFq_8im-s

Bringin this forward because I wanna.....:smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGFq_8im-s

FYI - that 3rd photograph in the above u tube video (roughly 7 seconds in) - that government building is lit up like that every year here in Denver. Just thought I share that little bit of info.

cofunguy's photo
Thu 12/04/08 02:20 PM
Edited by cofunguy on Thu 12/04/08 02:41 PM
Yep too late for running...but if everyone has the Christmas spirit, it should matter if it is a guy or gal.

Thanks Robin for the updated list.
Now if this place just had mass email capabilities..

And as I write this (Waiting for the darn 10 minute rule..lol)
please do remember to remove the filter settings folks if you want to be part of this. And thus remember to put back your filter settings as well.

Thomas