Tue 06/09/09 04:55 PM
*bump*

classickiss's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:54 PM
*bump*

classickiss's photo
Wed 12/03/08 02:52 PM
Edited by classickiss on Wed 12/03/08 02:52 PM
What facial or body features did you inherit from your parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles?

What did you pass down to your child?

I got my lolas (grandmother) lips my moms nose and hands oh and the booty from my dads side ha ha ha

I gave my daughter her lips and ears everything else is her dad!! GGRRR!!! ha ha ha

classickiss's photo
Wed 12/03/08 02:46 PM
Edited by classickiss on Wed 12/03/08 02:46 PM
Just a thread for all the Mommy's and Daddy's to post about the moment they realized there lil baby was no longer a baby anymore =*(

~i posted a blog at the begining of nov about how my lil girl is no longer my baby *tear* (btw her bday is nov. 30)~

Saturday, November 01, 2008
Title: Not A Baby Anymore *tear*
Current mood: nostalgic

At the end of this month my baby girl is going to be 7…. Dang where did time go??? I remember bringing her home from the hospital, checking her breathing late at night, almost crying when she took her first step, actually crying when she first said mama, seeing the look on her face when she was being potty trained and she "accidentally" peed her diaper (ha ha ha), when she started asking "Why?" about every lil thing on this planet, her first day of kindergarten and how it was to walk away. Now she's in first grade a person with her own thoughts, opinions and view of life. She no longer that lil baby I carried in my arms walking late at night to try to stop her from crying… she's the girl who bumps her head and quickly responds, "I'm ok mom!" She's the girl who comes home then goes straight out to play with her friends. She's the girl turning into a woman… wow scary thought. I remember when I was 7 that thought itself freaks me out! This is the age when I remember almost everything… and so will Angenique. *sigh* I'm going to go and hug her tight and hope she never wants me to let go.

classickiss's photo
Fri 11/21/08 02:43 PM

Prison v Work

Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this should make things a little bit clearer. . .

WORK
PRISON
you spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell

WORK
you spend the majority of your time in an 8X8 cubicle

PRISON
you get three meals a day fully paid for

WORK
you get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it

PRISON
you get time off for good behaviour

WORK
you get more work for good behaviour

PRISON
the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you

WORK
you must often carry a security card and open all the doors for yourself

PRISON
you can watch TV and play games

WORK
you could get fired for watching TV and playing games

PRISON
you get your own toilet

WORK
you have to share the toilet with some people who pee on the seat

PRISON
they allow your family and friends to visit

WORK
you aren't even supposed to speak to your family

PRISON
all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required

Work
you get to pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners

PRISON
you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out

WORK
you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars

PRISON
you must deal with sadistic wardens

WORK
they are called managers

bigsmile :banana:

ha ha ha ha i ganna print this put and post it on my desk for all to see!!!

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/13/08 09:40 AM

I'd ike to take a moment to point out that civil unions or domestic partnerships only grant SOME of the legal benefits of marrige, not all. A civil union is not the same thing as marriage until the government and businesses treat it as such. civil union grants you a marriage like arraingement but it's up to the state you live in as to what benefits you receive from the union. With marriage the benefits are just there.

somedays I have to agree with my roommate....they should abolish all marriage then no one will have to worry about who marries who.

interestin point

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/12/08 11:02 AM

I can understand people having principles but that doesn't mean that gay people should be treated as 2nd class citizens with only partial righst that straight people have. We are still people that pay bills, taxes, join the military (don't ask, don't tell) and are willing to die for our country. Apparently that isn't enough to deserve the right to get married in our country and be as miserable as everyone else.

Marriage should be a union of souls, entered into because the 2 people love each other enough to make a commitment. People will say "a civil union should be enough" I say If the country is going to give them the rights of marriage why not just allow them to marry, as MA and CT now do. Banning gay marriage is basically approving the 2nd class treatment of gay people. Since when do americans approve of 2nd class treatment?

(((hugs)))

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/12/08 08:07 AM

I was sad to see CA legalize discrimination.

Remember everyone, it wasn't real long ago that interracial marriages were illegal all over the U.S.

To me this is no different.

You get a license to fish. Does that make fishing a religious event? Nope...anyway, I am really sad about this.

it's not about legal or illegal...it's about the behavior being right or wrong...I see it as wrong...so why would I want something to be legal...that I feel is wrong...

who says the behavior is right or wrong..Maybe some of the things you do sexually are WRONG but do I have the right to tell you that... Thats what you have a problem with The whole sex thing...Who cares they are not in your bed..

I agree !!...I don't care what they do in bedroom...but...If most people see it as not normal...then why make it legal ?...I just can'r see sanctioning that behavior...what next...teach it in school ?...lets wait another 30 years...then I'll be gone and you can do whatever your little heart desires...a deal ?

Why make it illegal just because some people don't find it to be normal?

most people...

While there are many people who think the way you do.. unfortunately enough to pass that ban in California, you shouldn't speak for everyone. The area I live in is much, much different. I know way more people who are open minded and don't judge people based on their sexual orientation. That's why it's amazing to me that people are still thinking the way you do.

it's called being grounded in my beliefs..and...principles...I was born and raised in a strict Catholic upbringing...I just can't change the way I was brought up...

Think for yourself though.Besides look at the priests boinking altar boys.

oooo nice one!!! *claps hands*

classickiss's photo
Mon 11/10/08 08:00 AM
umm how did this convo move to seinfield?

classickiss's photo
Fri 11/07/08 08:35 AM

It's not like gay people have a choice on whether to be gay or not.

I'm not sure I agree with that....

Are you saying you believe some people are born gay and it is totally beyond their control which way they steer?

yes

classickiss's photo
Fri 11/07/08 08:14 AM

Religion has no place in government where the law is concerned.

I couldn't agree more.

ditto

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/06/08 01:54 PM

~PROP 8~
Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry in th State of California

-Summary Prepared by the State Attorney General:
Changes the California Constitution to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry in California.
Provides that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.

-Meaning of Voting Yes/No
A YES vote on this measure means:
The California Constitution will specify that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.
( http://www.protectmarriage.com/about )

A NO vote on this measure means:
A NO vote on this measure means: Marriage between individuals of the same sex would continue to be valid or recognized in California.
( http://www.eqca.org/site/pp.asp?c=kuLRJ9MRKrH&b=4375153 )

Here are some comercials they broadcast for both sides:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prop+8&search_type=&aq=f

As for my opinion I'm a strong NO ON PROP 8! I feel the way that religion is trying to put there words in with law is wrong. Religion can have an opinion but we are separated by church and state for a reason.
Just as Latinos/Asians/African Americans are considered the "minority" but if you look at this country what people call "minorities" are the ones who practically own this country!! Now they put gays and lesbians in the same group? To discriminate against people who are different? When all they want is the same right as straight people do.
I'm so disapointed in California I really thought that we as one of the states with the most races would understand the nature that this bill has done to people whos only wish is to be treated equal.
*Picture this: A woman dying in the hospital and the nurse won’t let her partner see her because she’s not a spouse or relative. And her family disowned her because she lives that lifestyle. That woman now dies with no loved ones around. Is that fair?

What was your reaction or opinion to the results?
(please remember this is just a opinion... dont try and attack anyones post)

Marriage has always been considered as being between a Man and a Woman.

One of the things that's pissing everyone off is that Gay's and running around, acting like they don't have any fccking sense !

They were raised by parents, that took them to visits friends and family and they were able to see how the world worked.

If they decided that this would'nt work for them...okay...fine.
But to try and duplicate traditional marriage...with the Civil Union Agreements, and when bored with that...try and go for a legitimate marriage...in which everyone would have to accept, is simply an abomanation to God and Christians everywhere.

Gay's should have know that people would toll the line on this.

At this point...the gay's that wanted to get marriaged I hope have done so...and the one's that did'nt....Shut Up !

need i remind u and everyone this is suppose to be a healthy discussion... and to respect those thoughts and opinions of everyone else

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/06/08 10:44 AM
ha ha ha ha

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/06/08 08:41 AM

I just saw of Fox that a church donated over 1 million$ for support of Prop8..THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR TAX EXEMPTION AND PAY TAXES....I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!!

No church should have to sacrifce their values for tax exemption...that's blackmail. Freedom of speech should NEVER be infringed upon. NEVER!
Its called separation of church and state..The reason they get the exemption!!!! You cross the barrier, YOU SHOULD PAY..I PAY MINE!!!! They sacarficed it when they crossed that line!!!!

then y is the church puttin a stamp on this prop???
A stamp? A million dollars to support it is a yes vote. They should not keep the exemption and publicly paticipate in politics..Period!!!

im agreeing with u dork... they should have never brought religion into this prop was my point

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/06/08 08:32 AM

I just saw of Fox that a church donated over 1 million$ for support of Prop8..THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR TAX EXEMPTION AND PAY TAXES....I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!!

No church should have to sacrifce their values for tax exemption...that's blackmail. Freedom of speech should NEVER be infringed upon. NEVER!
Its called separation of church and state..The reason they get the exemption!!!! You cross the barrier, YOU SHOULD PAY..I PAY MINE!!!! They sacarficed it when they crossed that line!!!!

then y is the church puttin a stamp on this prop???

classickiss's photo
Thu 11/06/08 08:01 AM

shocked

But..you saw it on Fox...that doesn't it make it 100% true, right?

ha ha ha ha

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/05/08 07:26 PM

*sigh* some people will never be open minded enough to realize any of this.

preach sista!

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/05/08 03:36 PM
love i think im in love with Bushidobillyclub and ChefBadger ha ha ha

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/05/08 03:15 PM
Edited by classickiss on Wed 11/05/08 03:15 PM
what i meant was i mainly sit at my desk and work... but sometimes i actually have to get my ass up and walk around the office

classickiss's photo
Wed 11/05/08 03:09 PM

did the yes win or did the no win

the yes won

(if it takes me a bit to respond its cuz im at work and someone had me get up and do something)

Previous 1 3