Community > Posts By > TeddyBear3403

TeddyBear3403's photo
Thu 09/10/09 02:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the help... I have a date lined up this weekend with the blond, so everything went well. -cheers-

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 09/08/09 04:46 AM
I've seemed to find myself in a bit of a bind. For sake of confusion, there are three friends who I'll refer to as the redhead, the brunette, and the blond.

We're all part of a social group that hangs out on the weekends. I was interested in the redhead up until recently, and the group thought we'd end up dating.

Around the time of my last topic post, I started realizing that the fling we had was nothing more than just a fling. After her ex passed away, I became nothing more than a friend in her eyes. I feel the same way towards her, which works out cause she starting dating a nice guy. I'm happy for her, and we're still friends.

About the same time, the blond joins our group (I'd known her only in passing prior to this). I was moving on, so I started flirting.

Well, here are my problems:

1. The group still sees me and the redhead as a "desirable couple." Despite the fact that I've lost interest, and she's started dating another guy. I'm worried this group mentality will have an adverse effect on my attempts to woo the blond.

2. The brunette feels her friend should date a puerto-rican, because she is so happy with her puerto-rican boyfriend; therefore making me "unacceptable". To which the blond confessed to me last night, she is not happy being told what race she's "allowed" to date.

3. Yesterday the brunette's bf comes to visit and brings his cousin, per the brunette's request, to hook up with the blond. This seriously upset the blond, who told me she felt like the brunette wanted her to just up and sleep with the guy (they're still arguing). So I found myself in an awkward situation last night, with this guy trying so desperately to sleep with the blond, and me continuing to flirt (conspicuously, this guy is pro boxer and I didn't want a confrontation with him) with her while trying to keep her from this "dusch" (her word, not mine) who couldn't keep his hands to himself. Even though the blond was calling this other guy a "dusch" and complaining about the situation her friend put her in, she still seemed to go along with it (though she didn't appear to enjoy it, and did tell him a few times to back off).

So, how do I get the group off my back about the redhead? How do I deal with the friend who thinks I'm "unacceptable"? And did I do right by running interference last night?

(btw, the brunette and blond are roomates, and since the bf and cousin are staying at their place for the next couple of days, the blond has moved in with her parents till they leave. This was confirmed this morning, by the brunette who bitched at me about being "left alone" for tonight)

things seemed so much simplier a year ago when I was shy LOL...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Thu 08/27/09 05:00 AM
Thanks all for the advice... basically everyones saying the same thing, let her tell me when it's time lol... guess I just need to be patient eh?

TeddyBear3403's photo
Thu 08/27/09 04:53 AM

teddy.......that depends on the situation, but i'd just walk away until she comes back....

considering you said, "We've been getting along great until this past weekend" and then said the ex passed away. I mean, if you were getting along great, you should be there to console her already.

So, in my opinion....something is bad news there and you're just going to get hurt. I would run away as quickly as possible

I'm already consoling, I'm just wondering about when to continue dating... and perhaps I misphrased earlier, it's not that we've not been getting along well this past weekend, it's just we haven't spent as much time together as before...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Thu 08/27/09 04:09 AM
thanks

TeddyBear3403's photo
Thu 08/27/09 03:58 AM
There's someone I'm interested in. We've been getting along great until this past weekend when her ex (and father of her daughter) died in a tragic car accident.

I've stepped back to give her time to grieve, and take care of her daughter. I just don't know when to step back in...

How long do I wait? I want to be there for her, but then again I don't want to come across intrusive.

TeddyBear3403's photo
Wed 11/12/08 02:03 PM
And thanks to everyone for all the compliments happy

TeddyBear3403's photo
Wed 11/12/08 02:01 PM
y'know, never really got into Lord of the Rings, but I suppose you'd be right LOL...

I just really enjoy a bit of Mythology and folklore :P LOL...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 07:08 PM

seems to me they want the cheaters and the liers :tongue: ... the caring, sincere, and honest of us just become their "friends" (not even with benefits LOL)...

I am not attacking YOU but your statement is nuts! I'll have to re read some womens profile and count how many say, "Please Cheat and Lie to me~PLEASE!"

yeah, they don't admit it... yet never seems to fail the cheaters and liers get more girls...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 07:05 PM

seems to me they want the cheaters and the liers :tongue: ... the caring, sincere, and honest of us just become their "friends" (not even with benefits LOL)...

You become what you portray yourself to be.:wink:

so what because I'm a caring guy, I'll never be more than a friend to anyone?... I refuse to believe that

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 06:59 PM

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 06:28 PM
Then again, I mostly write short stories :P...

One reason I wrote this poem was as an introduction to a story idea I had, but I ended up liking the poem better than the short story LMAO

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 06:25 PM

In the darkness they will wait
for the fool to take their bait.

Drawn to them by childlike crying
soon they prey upon the dying.

Moving lightly upon the breeze
mini-lanterns among the trees.

Heed my warning, listen clear,
be not brave, but run in fear.

They play their games laughing wild
have you believe their just a child.

Evil lanterns of the night
stay away from their light

Keep your distance, heed my rhyme
Daylight came... Just in time!

- A short poem I wrote ages ago. I know it's a tad dark and sinister, but I had just read the fairy tales about Will'o Wisps. They were described as mini-lanterns that would lure people into the swamp. These evil little creatures would hover above a drop off, or some other hazard and curious individuals would soon find themselves victims of the swamp. Tried to keep the poem as close to what I'd read as I could, but added the "child-like crying" smokin
Yeah, it's dark, but I like dark writing, got anymore?

This was an inspiration LOL... wrote one on Dopplegangers, but I can't even remember one verse of that one LOL... I keep saying that I'll get back to writing soon, but never seem to get around to it LOL... Since I'm trying to re-capture myself I may have some future inspirations... keep in touch LOL...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 06:21 PM
Ah, as I said, wrote it ages ago... some parts I've since forgotten (need to find my original LOL)... the original poem I wrote was MUCH longer :P...

Although I've gotta say, shorter isn't necessarily less LOL...

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 06:18 PM
In the darkness they will wait
for the fool to take their bait.

Drawn to them by childlike crying
soon they prey upon the dying.

Moving lightly upon the breeze
mini-lanterns among the trees.

Heed my warning, listen clear,
be not brave, but run in fear.

They play their games laughing wild
have you believe their just a child.

Evil lanterns of the night
stay away from their light

Keep your distance, heed my rhyme
Daylight came... Just in time!

- A short poem I wrote ages ago. I know it's a tad dark and sinister, but I had just read the fairy tales about Will'o Wisps. They were described as mini-lanterns that would lure people into the swamp. These evil little creatures would hover above a drop off, or some other hazard and curious individuals would soon find themselves victims of the swamp. Tried to keep the poem as close to what I'd read as I could, but added the "child-like crying" smokin

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 05:39 PM
Rockstar - Nickleback

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 05:25 PM
eBay - Weird Al

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 05:17 PM
least it wasn't all pennies ROFL :banana:

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 02:28 AM
Perhaps alot of it has to do too with feeling left out and lonely lately frown... my online friends don't talk to me much anymore (some due to things in real life, others for no apparent reason), and losing my best friend most recently... (not death or anything, just alcohol abuse and poor influences)... I'm just really confused right now as to who I am... and looking to find something/anything enjoyable at the moment frown

TeddyBear3403's photo
Tue 11/11/08 01:48 AM
No, this isn't a game! I just came from reading an article that spoke about living your life to pleasing others, and how you can lose yourself in doing so. I realized how closely I fit the profile they were painting in the article. Many of my "interests" are not my own, and now that the individuals who imposed these "interests" have either abandoned me or left my life in other means, I find these "interests" boring, unfulfilling, or meaningless frown...

As odd as it sounds I really don't know what I like... Trying to write a profile distinguishing who I am and what I find enjoyable is proving to be a real challenge...

I work two jobs, and go to school full time... my only "free" time is spent attempting to get six hours sleep per day... Both my jobs are lax enough that I pass the time doing my schoolwork or browsing the internet, and therefore I've been labeled by my peers and co-workers as a computer-wiz (to my face), or a nerd/geek (behind my back)... Honestly, I know one thing, I DON'T want to spend my entire life behind a bloody computer screen!!! noway ...

I know I enjoy the occasional night at the bar, and where I live the only night off I have is spent this way... I've asked around about other activities, but I'm always met with the local bars being the only entertainment in the area. Fine, but I work the overnight... I can't even stop off to have a drink before going home, cause I don't get off work till 8 am...

So my question is, when your stuck, nowhere to go, no friends to take you places, and very little time for anything extravagant, how do you find out who you are and what you like?

Previous 1