EmmieK's photo
Wed 10/23/13 10:18 AM
thanks Kim

EmmieK's photo
Wed 10/23/13 09:50 AM
just wondering can only your friend or am I the only one who can see them

EmmieK's photo
Wed 10/23/13 04:41 AM

I don't think its wise to keep children from a parent unless the parent is abusing the child,,,,

plenty of awful spouses are still great parents,, and vice versa

lousy parents can be great spouses,,,,

let the relationships be separate, give them their own separate status ,,,,,and if the father child relationship becomes a harm to the child than and only then do I think it makes sense to protect the child from that parent
I was abused in this relationship but I dont think he would hurt her. safe or not safe to let her go?

EmmieK's photo
Wed 10/23/13 04:38 AM

I'm assuming that's the childs father in your pictures?

I'd change this up a little

"Her father is not in the picture at the moment. I am looking for a friend who will listen to me and likes kids."

I've dated women with children... Kids aren't the problem
The breakups are brutal for him if he gets attached to your kids
I'd have a hard time getting the relationship going to be honest... but only cause I've been there... twice!

Good luck flowerforyou
the man in the picture is my brother her uncle. Her father has said that he wants custody but has taken no legal action to try and get custody of her. They have met once and he has not visited in 6 months

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 02:22 PM

huh Why should a little girl be deprived of her sibling because of a mistake that their mothers made?
My ex is the one who made a mistake neither me or the other girls mother knew that he was seeing someone else so is my mistake being naive or having to much trust in the relationship?

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 02:17 PM

yeah its in there but no ones talking to me and I figured maybe it scared them off

Did it ever occur to you that something else may be preventing you from receiving the attention that you want from men on this site?
like what?

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 11:00 AM

Situation isn't clear to me. Who is under a year, your daughter or the other girl?
Your ex has only seen your daughter twice or the other girl?

All in all I wouldn't let my little girl go on her own if I wasn't comfortable with the situation, by which I mean concern about your DAUGHTER's well-being, not your own comfort.
As a parent you gotta learn to separate those two. There will be plenty more situations where you'd rather not go or be in, but will have to for you girl's well-being. That's more important than your own comfort.
So do you want to leave your girl on her own and hope for the best, as young as she is, cos you can't control yourself around your ex ? Or do you want (and need) to be there for your girl to make sure she's okay?
What you think is more important?

both girls are under a year old they are only a month apart

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:55 AM

If you being a single mom scares a dude off,its his problem not yours

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:47 AM
yeah its in there but no ones talking to me and I figured maybe it scared them off

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:35 AM
does mentioning you are a single mom scare guys off or is it a good thing to tell them first thing on your profile?

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 09:29 AM
thank for the advice it is going to be really hard for me to let her go but I will hes only met her twice and she is under a year old so do I send someone else with her(I dont think I could go there and not fight with him) or should I "man up" and go with her. or because shes so young does it really matter?

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 08:34 AM
I love black man and have dated some. the one I dated were extremly romantic and dedicated to the relationship. They honored me and got to know me. It all depends on the man but don't judge a guy by the color of his skin.

EmmieK's photo
Tue 10/22/13 08:25 AM
so I just ended a bad relationship and found out that the father of my little girl has another daughter by a different women. this hurt me alot and I really want to know is it wrong for me to keep her away from her half-sister and father or should I let them grow close?