Community > Posts By > Maikuru

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:07 PM
Edited by Maikuru on Wed 12/17/08 08:08 PM
Now lets be careful not to turn this into people screaming at each other becuase of different beliefs,words and numbers. There are many virtues and good aspects in christianity and i am not attacking or questioning them, but on the subject of belief and when it comes to christians "evangelizing" or ministering to non-believers they need to be able to actually answer those kind of questions otherwise they have no right to go around preaching these things becuase they are just wasting time. That is the point i am trying to make here and claiming that i am attacking or arguing is just another way of being dismissive of questions you can not answer or are unwilling to try. In the end by not answering in a format that is not a repeative quotation of verses or religious dogma. You have to be able to reason with people if you want them to believe what you believe. Problem is most christians can't do that.

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:50 PM

Actually the card in the upright position is associated with hope or plans being fullfilled. It represents mankind's connection to enlightenment, the divine and spiritual freedom.
Also it's postion in a particular spread can affect its meaning, I am working under the assumption that this was a single card draw so i would say that card represents faith and efforts rewarded. Interesting that it is a Major Arcana, did you exlude the minor arcana win drawing from the deck?

Yes this was a single card draw, and no, I always pull from a full 80 card deck.

Yes your interpretation is also correct. This was a one card reading and it was meant for a spiritual reading.

There are as many different interpretations for Tarot cards as there are readers. Each reader eventually develops their own personal meanings as well as the traditional ones according to what certain symbols mean to their unique experience.

I have never heard of a 80 card deck, sounds interesting, perhaps you could tell me more it?
I myself work with a standard 78 card Waite or Marseilles deck.

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:45 PM

there's always somebody gonna argue about everything

oh don't get me wrong good sir, I was merely giving how i would intrept the drawing as well as trying to learn more about some of her methodology with the Tarot. I was in no way arguing and am in fact quite fasicinated with the subject.:smile:

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:39 PM
Edited by Maikuru on Wed 12/17/08 07:40 PM
[Please tell me i right in assuming that to be a joke right? If that is true, how to you work out the Buddhist belief in non-attachment and the Native American spiritual beliefs in worshiping nature. Does not the belief in connecting with nature and it's dieties create a conflict in belief when used with the buddhist idea of non-attachment?

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:30 PM

One card will be drawn for the spiritual energy of the moment and interpreted by jeanniebean.

December 17th 2008 8:13 p.m.

Card Drawn: The Star

This is a great card for spiritual energy! Whenever I draw this card it is like someone saying to me, "Everything will be alright and is as it should be, there is nothing to fear."

It reminds us that we are linked to a higher plane, a more evolved vibration.

Think balance and harmony and all things associated with Aquarius. In the wake of the Tower's violent eruption, you are inspired to reach for your highest potential.

The star will guide you to your destination with the gentleness of her soft light.

This card represent your spiritual connection to your higher self, and your personal concept of God.

The message of this card is mostly: "HAVE FAITH."

Actually the card in the upright position is associated with hope or plans being fullfilled. It represents mankind's connection to enlightenment, the divine and spiritual freedom.
Also it's postion in a particular spread can affect its meaning, I am working under the assumption that this was a single card draw so i would say that card represents faith and efforts rewarded. Interesting that it is a Major Arcana, did you exlude the minor arcana win drawing from the deck?

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:21 PM
Edited by Maikuru on Wed 12/17/08 07:22 PM

Why are non-believers always accused of "attacking" when we ask questions? Dont you ever ask questions in church? noway

How can they, most reason that it has to do with God so it must be right so why question anything in church?:wink:

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:17 PM
My sensei told me once," Be careful faith must be balanced in accordance with reason, intellect, and evidence which has substance to support it. If this is not done then we only darken the world." Something to think about...spock

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:14 PM

I already know what you "think".

I go with what works & what I expereince & not from men & their "intellect." ehem... laugh

I believe they call what "works" dogma, tradition and blind "faith" in your religion.....ohwell

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:04 PM

All I know is what I live....what the Lord has shown me...and I will follow the narrow path he has set for me any day....again all I see here is a christian putting it out there...and the same people coming and spewing their stuff...well get a clue people she has just as much right to put out what she believes as you all do. I don't attack anyone for what they believe..and you sure aren't going to convince me that all the miracles and all the Lord has shown me is not real.....so fight......carry on......but I am thinking you will never change a Christian in their beliefs so your better off just staying in threads where you can talk about what it is you believe....which most of the time most of you don't really know what that is.

Oh come on!?!?!......better off staying on a thread with my beliefs....
Was not the entire point of this thread to preach the christian message of salvation? So if that is true then logically you intended for non-believers to read it. Therefore one should be subject to their questions. If you can't answer them then don't post this stuff unless your prepared to deal with. People are going to ask these questions get use to it!noway

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 06:36 PM

They seem to think that they can bury thoughtful questions with a lengthy exegesis. I will read this stuff but I am loathed to do so. You Christians should be able to highlight the specific passages that address the relevant issues or else if you have read this yourself, simply SUMMARIZE!!

Sorry Krisma, just trying to prove a point and maybe get people to think for once. If i am being to lengthy it is only becuase i need to address each point and question throughly.

No No. I was talking about their extended exegesis that they were throwing at you instead of answering the questions that you were asking them. Sorry if that was confusing. I was chastising the Christians, not you.

Oh i see, i thought you were upset becuase we were making each response so long... My misunderstandering sorry about that..lol:tongue:

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 06:33 PM
Quikstepper,
I suppose blathering the same things over and over agian is your way of answering things in your mind but you fail to realise that your "answers" are more of a habitual compulsive disorder lacking any sense of reason or justification. Start doing some research and study up on religions and faith. You only prove my point that most christians lack any sense, reason, understanding when it comes to their faith and therefore fail to reach people as a result. Eventually you will start having to face these questions yourself and realize that someone's spiritual text is not reason or proof enough that what you believe is true.
Good luck and may you find the answers....

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 06:24 PM

They seem to think that they can bury thoughtful questions with a lengthy exegesis. I will read this stuff but I am loathed to do so. You Christians should be able to highlight the specific passages that address the relevant issues or else if you have read this yourself, simply SUMMARIZE!!

Sorry Krisma, just trying to prove a point and maybe get people to think for once. If i am being to lengthy it is only becuase i need to address each point and question throughly.

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 06:09 PM

flowerforyou I don't have a problem with a religion making money.flowerforyou This is the real world. flowerforyou They gotta pay the bills too.flowerforyou There isnt anything wrong with that.flowerforyou

Real world or not how they obtain that money and how they spend it needs to be monitored and controlled. Buy the preacher a new house or his wife a new cadillac is not called "paying the bills." Curruption and using funds donated for charitable reasons as a income,profit or to do things with them other than charitable programs is fraud, selfish and inexcusable.noway

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 05:55 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

.....Salvation Explained.....

chuck@chuckbaldwinlive.com

:heart::heart::heart:

I am a Taoist-Christain, so don't freak out becuase of the following. If you intend to win the hearts and minds of people, lets dicuss a few of these points with the questions of non-believers.

Point # 1: Who not what says we should conform to believing in your specfic diety? There are many faith claiming to be the "light and the "truth" and the "way".

Uh no...there are many "religions" that exchange our works for grace. Grace is a gift from God & not of ourselves. That is a major difference between Christianity & other "religions."

Point#2
How can all men be seperated from God? Isn't the tale of adam and eve similar to tales from various other religions. In fact some say it is almost an exact copy of the bablyionian tale of Gigamesh? How are we to trust the bible, a text written by men and whose version decended from the bible which was assembled by men at the council of Nicae around 300 a.d. nearly 300 years after christ. There are many texts which were added or left out over the centuries that followed, so is to say that the bible(whichever version you read) is genuine let alone the "word of God"?

The Bible is more than a story. It's all God breathed and inspired... not of man. Those who experience the manifestations of God in their lives know this to be true. Those who haven't yet still question the "who & what" of God.

Point #3
Why just Jesus? There have been many men who preformed miracles and brought light and wisdom to the world. Are we not all children of "God"? Why pick just one person to be the route to eternal salvation. Why just one way?

Because God's word says there is only one mediator between God & man & that is Jesus Christ. That is what all those who profess to be Christians believe.

Point #4
Again who not what says there is just one way. What about all those who lived before christ or even perhaps those who have never heard your message? Are you saying those poor souls are condemned to hell?

The word of God says everyone will have a chance to repent & recieve Christ & so all will be without excuse. Before grace there was the law & God chose a people who would reveal His glory to the rest of the world. While they did not experience dispensation they recieved the promise.

Point#5
Who not what said proof was required of someones faith? Do not my actions and choices speak of my faith themselves? Again what makes individuals who say such things right? Is not my personal relationship with Christ and God enough?

There are those who can only lead the way...but it's up to the individual to taste & see if the Lord is good. That is something no one can do for another. OTOH, if you are going to resist what is being said that will also get you nowhere.

I find it very disturbing the number of christians who can not actually answer such questions without constantly repeating verses which mean nothing to the none believer and ultimately are questionable to them as well as the number of questions that go unanswered as a result of such "salvation" tactics.

Uh...all MS did was point the way to salvation & explained the what fors along with it according to what God's word says it is. That is really up to the person to try it or not. Explanations are important & not just what some consider mindnumb memorization of the word. Most here quote what they believe & it shows in their understanding of what God is saying.

It is my personal belief if one is to trully claim to be a member of a particular faith then must research it, study it, not just the texts but the history,languages and cultural backgrounds and ties. Quoting bible verses may win you a few followers but i believe you'll find that 2/3 of them will fall away from the "flock" when they start asking these questions.

Explanations along with God's word as back up is important. It's God's word along with the personal relationship that backs up what the Christian believes. If everything was in black & white there would be no need for faith. Right? BTW...we are here to discuss...it's only thru life & living along with knowing other Christians that you get the flavor of faith dear heart. God bless you. I hope God meets you wherever you are at. :wink:

'
Again case and point for my point that most christians know little of their own faith and beliefs much less have the reasoning to convince others to follow christ.
You still have not answered the question and have a fallacy in your arguement that assumes christianity is the only religion were one reaches paradise, heaven or salvation and escape from the torment of life and its consquences. This is a flawed assumption on your part, had you studied other faiths in a none biased fashion you would have learned many faiths believe their deity will have mercy and compassion on them in the afterlife even if they did none of the required works of the faith.
Speaking of work, doesn't the christian faith require many works both physical and ones of faith? So in reality there is no difference.
2. All faiths claim their texts, wisdom and practices are inspiried by the divine. So with so many claiming this ,just having faith based on practice and the texts does not offer a reasonable arguement for conversion to a particular religion. So answer the question and quit sitting there squawking meaningless verses or saying becuase i,he,she,them said so.
3. Agian answer the question in a way that would convince a non-believer other then just spouting off verses and making statements that just leave more questions....noway
4. Agian you are just justifying belief based on text. You again are not answering the question with a statement of reason or a logical arguement that would convince the non-believer. Again (who) not what says there is only one way and what proof would provide that would support their statements. How do you jusify a being condemning humans to hell for not knowing or hearing the message? Stating that they know the message when they never hear it or receieve it is utter nonsense.
Quoting verses is in no way an indication of their understanding, wisdom, faith or belief. That is like saying xerox machine becuase it can copy text out of the bible is something with wisdom and divine understanding. You are right that in the end when presented with a reasonable explanation or arguement and their questions are reasonably answered or resolved then they have the responsibility to make a choice. But it is up to people of that faith to provide the non-believer those explanations and answers first before a decision can be made. That is why it irritates when bible thumpers will create a thread about salvation but are unable or completely unwilling to answer such questions and by doing so don't think they are hypocrites or that their faith is questionable.

So again answer the questions.spock

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 05:13 PM
Morning Song you need to come to terms with this fact: If you (morning song) are going to preach a the message of christian salvation then you need to be able and willing the questions i mentioned otherwise you are just wasting people's time and in all likely hood your faith, and understanding of the divine are questionable. I have reviewed your previous post, none of them answer the said post questions and 98% percent of the quotes are bible verses and statements of admiration. Again i request that you take the time to answer the questions.noway

Maikuru's photo
Wed 12/17/08 04:49 PM
QUOTE:
I believe one can take donations for sharing said beliefs, knowledge, and books. All knowledge should be free and charging someone for lack of knowledge and trying to justify it by saying well it costs me something for you to learn it so i need to charge you something. That is like saying a mother should charge her infant before she teaches them to potty train, speak, or eat. Knowledge belongs to all not to just some is all i am saying.
Yes, I hear what you’re saying. What I’m saying is that is not a practical stance. By that logic, colleges and universities should also be free – both tuition and books. And trade schools should be free, as well as any kind of training seminar. Not to mention any non-fiction book of any kind.

And what about the people who search out and discover facts and knowledge? Apparently they shouldn’t be compensated for their work either, so anyone contributing to the any type of research that discovers or gathers knowledge, would have to work for free.

This is not at all practical.

I think knowledge should belong to those who go out and get it. It should belong to those who make the effort to do what is necessary to obtain it. And those who actually worked at getting it should not be forced into giving it away to others who put forth no effort on their own to obtain it.

I can't argue with you about my reasoning not being practical to a materialistic society or world. I am no way suggesting that people should not be rewarded for their efforts, advancements or that they should have to work for free. I simply believe that in an ideal society all knowledge is free to all those who persue it. My question is why should this type of thinking be impractical? I want to believe that we can make knowledge free to all and better society and humanity as a whole. I certainly believe that such things are within reason and our capability.:smile:

Maikuru's photo
Tue 12/16/08 08:34 AM
Edited by Maikuru on Tue 12/16/08 08:35 AM

I was against the Genocide in Rwanda even though I didn't know a soul there, I was against the Japanese Rape of Nanking and it happened before I was ever born. We all have a responsibility to speak out against dangerous and powerful people/organizations. Maybe if we do it with words loud enough and early enough it will never get to the actual atrocity.

If there is just one man enslaved then we are all enslaved

If just ONE Child is being abused then we all hold the responsibility to do something

While being "against" things may seem to be a noble cause it gives energy to the battle on the negative side. The more resistance you incite against the opposition, the more resistance you will get in return as hate begets hate and opposition begets resistance.

There is a better way that begins with your own state of consciousness. Realize freedom. Practice freedom of thought and action where you can.

There are many things in this world to be against and more and more arise every day. You can decide to dedicate your life to fight for any good cause if that is your desire and purpose, but sometimes in doing so you loose yourself and your own true purpose.

Apparently you do not have any personal experience of harm being done to you or any close friends by the Church of Scientology. When and if this happens then I will be very interested in hearing about it.

I'm sure there is some truth in all of these claims, I am not saying they are not true, but they are someone's personal problem that they played a part in attracting by giving someone else control over their lives.

If you can achieve self mastery, then maybe you will better serve the world and save innocents.

P.S.

If The Church of Scientology has taken a defensive position it probably was attacked by the status quo.

The Zionst Jews of Israel justify their terrorist tactics blaming persecution and the holocaust. That is their greatest strength, and their best excuse to be aggressors, and that is why they attract suicide bombers.

Oh Good grief Charlie Brown......
so your saying standing up against genocide, hate crimes, murder, rape, war, and general injustice incites more of it?!?!? So suppose when i see someone getting mugged on the the street, according to you the scientologist thing to do is to keep on walking or just stare....
Anybody who speaks of self-mastery should have the common sense to know that doesn't mean ignore everything else in the world. Those who master themselves help others and stay invovled in their community and world. If someone does something wrong, they call them out on it and they question things. Just becuase we are not personally tied to events and actions of others does not mean we should ignore them. You speak of what i call the greatest sin a person can commit. That sin is Apathy. Mark my words, your indifference towards others will lead to your own undoing. You do yourself and scientology a diservice by speaking like that.:angry: noway

Maikuru's photo
Tue 12/16/08 07:49 AM
Edited by Maikuru on Tue 12/16/08 07:49 AM

I think true happiness is more about teaching yourself to satisfied and content with what you have, need and learn in life imo. People are not happy mainly due to a lack of these i think.spock

What you have is yourself. Can you be happy with that?

Frankly as a Taoist i would be happy without myself...:wink:

I guess, then, that the saying:

"Where ever you go, there you are".

...is null and void.
:wink:

I'm certain I'd be a Hell-of-a-lot happier without MYself.

I like the words my sensei gave me," If I am then i will pass out of being onto something else, what is more satisfying then that?":tongue:

Maikuru's photo
Tue 12/16/08 07:36 AM

I think true happiness is more about teaching yourself to satisfied and content with what you have, need and learn in life imo. People are not happy mainly due to a lack of these i think.spock

What you have is yourself. Can you be happy with that?

Frankly as a Taoist i would be happy without myself...:wink:

Maikuru's photo
Tue 12/16/08 07:25 AM

Maikuru, what is a Taoist Christian?

sorry for the late reply. They are a christian who incoporates Taoist philosopy and insights into their faith. A good book about the subject is,"The Jesus Sutras" by Robert Palmer. let me know if you have any other questions about it or anything else. :wink: