Community > Posts By > chris32ncguy

chris32ncguy's photo
Thu 10/16/08 03:22 PM

The Lumberjack Song

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok....

Lol - Monty Python...now all we need is for someone to say their's is a song from the musical SPAMALOT.

chris32ncguy's photo
Thu 10/16/08 03:21 PM
Edited by chris32ncguy on Thu 10/16/08 03:35 PM

It doesn't have to be your favorite song of all time, maybe just one you discovered recently that you find yourself wanting to listen to a lot.

My favorite is currently "Hallelujah", written by Leonard Cohen, cover by Rufus Wainwright (you might remember a different cover of it in the movie SHREK.)

Here's a YouTube vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0DKOGco_o

It's sad and beautiful at the same time.

If you like the Rufus Wainwright version, the Jeff Buckely version is at least 300% more beautiful and heartbreaking.

check it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwwaS5B_vY

Checked it out, and enjoyed it, but I'm a piano guy so I prefer the Wainwright cover. In fact, I downloaded the sheet music today and played through it many times. It's actually in my baritone vocal range, so it's another reason I like the song.

There are so many good songs I can't sing to because so many are falsetto range.

I just like Wainwright a lot. His song "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" is great, too!

chris32ncguy's photo
Thu 10/16/08 03:16 PM
Edited by chris32ncguy on Thu 10/16/08 03:20 PM
Great song, Fetts61, although I like The Beginning is the End is the Beginning a little more (did you see that it's the song on the Watchmen trailer - that's gonna be a great movie, read the graphic novel this year!)

:thumbsup:

chris32ncguy's photo
Thu 10/16/08 02:21 PM
It doesn't have to be your favorite song of all time, maybe just one you discovered recently that you find yourself wanting to listen to a lot.

My favorite is currently "Hallelujah", written by Leonard Cohen, cover by Rufus Wainwright (you might remember a different cover of it in the movie SHREK.)

Here's a YouTube vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0DKOGco_o

It's sad and beautiful at the same time.

chris32ncguy's photo
Tue 10/14/08 05:30 PM
good, quick advice. Thanks so much, and keep it coming. I am impatient by nature, something I need to work on. I guess I am just ready to move on...:thumbsup:

chris32ncguy's photo
Tue 10/14/08 01:44 PM
I have found that women respond in different ways, but I have found that too many guys talk too much about themselves when they strike up a conversation with a lady.

I prefer to ask the woman about her interests, like which movies they enjoy the most, which music they listen to, and what their hopes and dreams are.

Some women, though, are either too shy to talk about themselves or are simply not looking for such a conversation.

Ladies and men, what are your thoughts on this?

Chris
(not much luck on this site yet)

chris32ncguy's photo
Tue 10/14/08 01:38 PM
Guess that's a "no." Just in case you don't know, Roanoke Rapids is in NE North Carolina.

chris32ncguy's photo
Mon 10/13/08 12:16 PM
Just wondering...

chris32ncguy's photo
Mon 10/13/08 12:15 PM
I guess I might have a shred of hope, but not really. Thanks for the advice, though. I guess I just want to believe there is hope when there really isn't any. Also, until it's an official divorce, I can't really say I guess.

chris32ncguy's photo
Sun 10/12/08 05:16 PM
what about them?

chris32ncguy's photo
Sat 10/11/08 02:48 PM
I already posted my intro in that thread but thought posting a "hello" here might lead to something. I am 32 yo in eastern NC who is looking for a lady to be a friend or more.

I am separated (little hope of getting back together), I am a college professor (music and humanities), have 3 kids under age 6 (live with mom except every other weekend), and love music, movies, working out, and engaging conversations. I also play piano and some guitar, read from now and then (currently reading a book by Neil Gaiman), and have a great sense of humor.

If it sounds like we share common interests, then by all means contact me at chriswrightmusic@yahoo.com (same id on Yahoo IM.)

:-)

chris32ncguy's photo
Sat 10/11/08 02:40 PM
Hello, everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am hoping to make some friends and even meet a special lady through here.

I posted more info on my profile.