Community > Posts By > IsaLei23

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:19 PM

[

What is your favorite type of food?

as long as it's not raw, i'll eat it

I dont mess with sushi either, they always forget to cook it.

Sushi is not meant to be cooked... except for the rolls. But i just don't trust it however they claim it's fresh and clean, i still don't like anything raw.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:14 PM

Isalei, as part of that do you also enjoy island music and polynisian style food?

YES! i love the island music and polynesian food (even if it's not polynesian food i like it!) i have a big appetite for food. Food for me speaks for the culture itself :)

What is your favorite type of food?

as long as it's not raw, i'll eat it!

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:10 PM

Isalei, as part of that do you also enjoy island music and polynisian style food?

YES! i love the island music and polynesian food (even if it's not polynesian food i like it!) i have a big appetite for food. Food for me speaks for the culture itself :)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:09 PM

hell where did everyone go besides of the one thread:smile:

don't trip. it's just the moderator on the other thread asks questions! which is engaging :)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:06 PM

Isalei do you surf? Are you a swimmer? Are you a water person?

I'm a water person, i don't surf but i do water activities.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:03 PM

i have an appetite for pina colada! let's mix it up with virgin and not, so i have a better chance of enjoying the island to the fullest!

Is it the sunshine or the ocean that makes you want the island lifestyle?

it's both, sunshine, beach and the whole island life. I don't get enough of that here in California.

The camaraderie, the hospitality... those are the trademarks of being in the island and I don't really see that here in the big city.

I'm a city girl but an island girl at heart :)
You know we have Catalina Island in California, island life 40 minutes away by boat. Maybe that is too much of a tourist trap, have you been there?

I've heard of it but it doesn't really attract me as much as small tropical island like the carribean, hawaii, samoa and other polynesian islands. i'm strange. hahah

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 10:02 PM

I like your ideas... I will take it with only one change... I would buy the state of Montana so I could have the largest ranch/Dog rescue/ Horse reserve in the country...

You must really love animals.

Oh yes... I do I have a horse two dogs and two cats. I wish I could take all the little dogs home from the pound (big ones too) and save all the other animals that are neglected and abused. Animals deserve better. They are like kids.

But they never grow up. Do you think animals are more loyal then people?

They don't backstab you, that's for sure!

:)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:57 PM

i have an appetite for pina colada! let's mix it up with virgin and not, so i have a better chance of enjoying the island to the fullest!

Is it the sunshine or the ocean that makes you want the island lifestyle?

it's both, sunshine, beach and the whole island life. I don't get enough of that here in California.

The camaraderie, the hospitality... those are the trademarks of being in the island and I don't really see that here in the big city.

I'm a city girl but an island girl at heart :)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:52 PM

If I have the island that's inhabited with people i love, i just want TIME to lazy bum on the beach! that's my ultimate gift to myself :)

You wouldnt get bored with all those pina coladas?

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:47 PM

I bet you really do have a heart of gold. You mentioned all the things you would do for other people without even a happy meal for yourself. Even the island you would share with your freinds, what would you do for yourself?

If I have the island that's inhabited with people i love, i just want TIME to lazy bum on the beach! that's my ultimate gift to myself :)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:42 PM

If you won the lottery, whay would you do with the money?

well, depends how much money?

if it's a whole lotta money, i'll definitely share it to people i care about, and of course to charities that I strongly support in (Leukemia and Lymphoma, Autism, Breast Cancer and Animal Shelters)

And if we're talking about millions and millions, i'll buy an island in the caribbean and live there with family and friends!

.......... i'll have my own little island full of people i love the most. And of course, adopt unfortunate dogs :)

I like your ideas... I will take it with only one change... I would buy the state of Montana so I could have the largest ranch/Dog rescue/ Horse reserve in the country...

oh yeeey, i'm glad someone is with me on this

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:39 PM
Edited by IsaLei23 on Wed 10/01/08 09:40 PM

I hope you hit the powerball, you have big plans. Do you also have big dreams?

Why dream when everything is possible? Just put your heart into it and believe... nothing is impossible.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:34 PM

If you won the lottery, whay would you do with the money?

well, depends how much money?

if it's a whole lotta money, i'll definitely share it to people i care about, and of course to charities that I strongly support in (Leukemia and Lymphoma, Autism, Breast Cancer and Animal Shelters)

And if we're talking about millions and millions, i'll buy an island in the caribbean and live there with family and friends!

.......... i'll have my own little island full of people i love the most. And of course, adopt unfortunate dogs :)

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:28 PM

intelligent women are sooooo much more attractive to me than one that can't speak with correct grammer

i am turned on by an intellectual woman that i can learn from

but that is just my preference though

and wrong spelling?!?!

please! seriously, grammar, he can get away with but wrong spelling? i suggest using word docs.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:22 PM
Edited by IsaLei23 on Wed 10/01/08 09:24 PM

I think in my area intelligence doesn't impress women. They almost want inti-intelligence. Weird, but sometimes when trying to hold a conversation with some of these bar chicks they kinda retract. It is almost better to say "sup girl" than simply hi. But that's Flint Mi for you. lol

You're looking for good women in wrong places. A bar is not the best place to find women with substance. I'm not saying that all women in a bar have no substance but it's hard to conversate with someone in a bar, it's loud and you just have to liquor the women up and they're all yours!

I don't agree with your statement. A man that can hold a good conversation and is intellectual is so sexy.

A good conversation is like a foreplay, exciting and a definite turn on.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:18 PM

So, my friend and I have had this ongoing argument that I hope you fine males can finally conclude for us. Ladies, please chime in with your opinions and experiences as well.

When a woman is smart -- aka can carry a conversation about things beyond TV and shoes -- has a career, is educated, etc, are you more or less apt to be attracted to her?

My opinion is you should be more attracted to her. Obviously she can support herself and isn't looking for a free ride or a sugar daddy. Also, she's interesting and unique, and guys, you can get a dumb mannequin anywhere. And a woman who is smart thinks of some VERY interesting things to do in bed. :smile: Plus, you can bring her home to your family and be proud of calling her yours.

My friend's opinion is that it's intimidating to men -- that we women should dumb ourselves down in order not to scare them away. IMHO, if we have to do that we're dating men who aren't worthy of us in the first place.

So... what's your opinion?

I strongly agree with you but if a man is intimidated by an independent, self-sustaining, free thinker women, then he's not worthy to date her.

A lot of my friends told me that about myself, that i am I way too independent and that I intimidate guys..... but I am not going to change myself for them. If they can't step up to my level, they can't handle me. So next!

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:10 PM
sounds to me that the honeymoon phase is over :)

..... it's probably because he's tired or probably a lot in his mind?

You're only 20, you shouldn't have to worry about serious relationship like this. Take your time and enjoy the show :)

Good luck....

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:03 PM

I agree with everyone above. I would talk to a professional about this rather than here in the forums. A professional could help you much more than this site can. I am sorry to hear you are going through this and my thoughts are with you.
But no reason she can't come to us for support...she needs us

She can talk about it however, to whoever or whenever she want. That is the only to heal and to let it all out.

But I do suggest counselling as well.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 09:02 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Do not blame yourself. Alcohol I'm sure played a major role and he was probably already severly depressed. I don't know what else to say, cept keep your head up and know that your in my thoughts.

I agree. Drinking excessively or making threat that they'd kill themselves if you leave them or hurt them is a clear indication of depression.

I know this because my ex did all those to me.

IsaLei23's photo
Wed 10/01/08 08:55 PM
Hi Boo...

It's definitely not your fault but because you shared something special with him and he was/is a part of your life, you can't help but feel guilty. I believe it is a natural for us to feel that way because you feel like you could have done something to help or stop him from suicide.

Suicide is suicide. That's a personal choice and you have no control over that.

I symphatize because my ex-boyfriend also committed suicide after I broke up with him. That was 11 years ago, i was only 15. It was a really tough time for me. I did not seek professional help immediately and that kinda build up and prolonged the issue. I strongly recommend seeking professional help as soon as you are able.

I am sorry for your loss. If you want to talk more about it, just message me...

Take care and please know that what he did was not your responsibility. It was his decision and it was selfish of him to leave the way he did...

2 Next