Community > Posts By > kevin

kevin's photo
Fri 12/31/21 10:24 PM

Would you date anyone with a disability.

He still eats candy.

this is a story about addiction.
addiction ruined those people's lives.

"everyone has a disability" minimizes the life defining experiences of disabled people to the point of erasure.

i feel like there is some unnecessary virtue signaling going on in here.
everyone is gonna have their different set of dealbreakers, you know? and that is fine.
i certainly don't blame people for ghosting when i disclose my mental illness or work status.
there's nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone that can do all the things you wanna do!

kevin's photo
Fri 12/31/21 05:30 PM
i feel like such a profile (married and looking for play) is like a big juicy steak to scammers

kevin's photo
Fri 12/31/21 04:40 PM
i ended up meeting some nice folks.

i told my imaginative acquaintance that i will block anyone that messages me without being a manic pixie dream girl. haven't heard from them since lol

kevin's photo
Fri 12/31/21 07:46 AM
i feel like this is good energy.

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 11:20 PM
i feel like your profile has good energy :)

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 05:22 PM
earth is a space coffin lol

i feel like when the net wakes up and merges with earth consciousness i will destructively upload myself to the mycelial matrix.

as time collapses and matter is converted to compute, we generate the star seed.

the star seed is a massive vessel built from the debris in our solar orbit.

when the star seed becomes proximate to a suitable system, the vessel self-destructs by colliding with a suitably sized body.
this results in the formation of a planet and moons suitable for the spores spread all over the place by the collision.

the spores terraform the planet, and the cycle begins anew.

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 05:01 PM
i have cheated and been cheated on.

people rationalize cheating in many ways, but it's always because of unmet needs.

i feel like there's some crossover between the why and how people cheat.
personally i feel there is an emotional range from mentally ill to tragically wounded to malevolent.

when i cheated i was definitely on the mentally ill end.
i was drinking hard every day, unmedicated, and hanging around the WRONG people.

i was emotionally disconnected from everything, only pursuing selfish and shallow desires.

i feel like people find themselves in that state for lots of reasons. trauma, substances, etc.

i feel like there are folks that are wired to be polyamorous, and they're doing everyone a disservice when they try to play at monogamy.

i feel like there are folks that are going through it, and they can heal.

some people are constitutionally incapable of being honest, and will always burn you.

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 04:12 PM
the power to facilitate existential transformational change.

i'd use it to teach people humility love and respect starting with myself

i feel like if were less constrained by my health i would go into social work. like a technical person in a behavioral health organization.

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 03:57 PM
this is extremely good energy

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 03:50 PM
remember
the silence and crunch
deep winter

habituated
longing
overflowing now

earth in me
the vessel swelling
abundant

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 03:34 PM
centering on my breath

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 03:28 PM
i hope this post is a glass of ice water to someone.

many of my favorite house tropes compiled in one track.
https://youtu.be/ZLH0BFvYp1Y

this one is in turkish. i don't know know what the words mean but it's so powerful and evocative i love it. definitely my favorite singer of the moment.
https://youtu.be/6LhZmKYTtls

i've been listening to this guy's stuff for a few months. him and petar are definitely my favorite accordion players. i most appreciate the joy coming through in this performance.
https://youtu.be/VmQA2R3l7yQ

i've been getting back into ambient, and instead of looking for stuff with a musical framing i started looking with an unhinged metaphysical framing.
found some gorgeous pieces!
https://youtu.be/Ex9ldmDzzKs

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 03:01 PM
lol what?

are you aware that a bunch of the top pop songs in america are rap?

pop is the most interesting it has ever been.
artists are more empowered than ever before.
major media platforms are now accessible to a greater diversity of creators than ever before.
the line between creator and consumer is blurred by media platforms providing integrated authoring tools for free and collaborative experiences like live streaming. this blurring means a more sophisticated audience than ever before.

i invite anyone making claims about how homogenous pop music is to explore the canon by way of their favorite genre, mood, or theme.
or if you're adventurous, skim top 100 lists on a major platform like youtube.

kevin's photo
Thu 12/30/21 09:49 AM
hey folks.
i'm a disabled artist living in the pacific northwest.

i initially joined several apps with crumby and delusional intentions, namely casual encounters.
though i'm not sure the opportunities presented were authentic, i found myself consistently rejecting them.
i didn't actually want to hook up with a stranger, i just wanted to live in this suspension of disbelief about it being possible or appropriate.

in this reverie of dubious intent i became acquainted with a very imaginative poster.
they create fake profiles and ping me. i respond.
i am curious about who and what they are.

at any rate their behavior and the vibes on the other apps prompted me to delete all my accounts.
i feel like mingle2 is a way better product than those other ones anyways.

what's the vibe on posting here? any thoughts on the overall tone of this place?