Community > Posts By > John

John's photo
Tue 08/31/21 07:26 AM
I am fully aware no one has to respond. What is weird is getting blank messages from users that viewed my profile and liked it. I simply message back and say "hello, would you like to tell me something about yourself" (because almost everyone will never write a single thing about themselves- It seems pointless to have a profile to meet people if your not prepared to say a single thing about yourself to compel anyone to message you). So after I message them back and say hello and wait for them to respond (as they made the first contact of interest), they don't bother.
There is always room to improve a website but it will never be done if no one speaks up. I'm not a whiner as motowndowntown thinks - I just point out the things I find to be odd/peculiar/illogical/etc.
No one that has any interest in me should send me anything showing their interest if it's not a genuine interest to take a single tiny step forward.
Maybe I've got it wrong and all the users that messaged me accidently clink the wrong button(s) and were actually trying to click on "not interested" instead.

John's photo
Mon 08/23/21 08:28 AM
it still makes no logical sense why so many users nudge me but won't write a thing when I message them back request them to say something. They know plenty about me and a scammer will always write something but the other users have no purpose to nudge users they like if they are not prepared to write anything in return.

John's photo
Mon 08/23/21 05:02 AM
Never used a social/dating/sex type of site before but all the users that responded to my nudges and mutual matches or messages, message (or nudge or mutual match) me back not telling me a single thing about themselves. My understanding is if you want to communicate with another user you will have to provide them a motive to do so, so I wrote 170 words about myself in my profile which is 170 words more then everyone else has put in their profile (yes almost everyone I have read is all blank). 24 users that liked me already (in first 24 hours of signing up) know much about me but won't tell me a thing about themselves when they message or nudge me back. I also describe myself as a shy type of guy so the onus should be on the other user to tell me at least a little something about themselves - but no such luck. Please advise how is this supposed to work coz it seems I have no idea how to get the ball rolling.

John's photo
Mon 08/23/21 04:23 AM
I was under the impression that both parties needed to click on the hart turning it red to indicate to the other user that they are interested to make a mutual match. If I don't click on the hart, how can a mutual match still be made?

John's photo
Mon 08/23/21 04:18 AM
My mail filter was set and is still set to a 80km distance yet I got and currently still getting heaps of mail from users that not just live in another state but also from countries around the world (mostly USA). I have been a member for 27 hours and it hasn't been a good experience as I hoped.

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 10:17 AM
I just got another match from another user and when I looked up her profile is was deactivated. Yes a spammer but how can they make mingle2 send an email to me stating that we both had liked each others profiles when I had never even seen the users profile - I know I hadn't coz it had no photo which I would never bother with - their either ugly as hell or a fake spamming - likely the later? mingle2 should know if I had ever even view the profile so is the website hacked by others constantly gaining access thru the security system that should be protecting the genuine users?

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 07:30 AM
I signed up tonight as a new member and 2 hours later I got my second mutual match but 3 hours later (30mins ago) it disappeared. How can this happen? Maybe if the user deleted their listed profile but it makes no logical sense that they would click yes to my mutual match I sent and then delete their profile so soon after agreeing to a match. It was an attractive woman in my area so does that mean she was too attractive and must have been a spammer, and if so how do they delete the match from my account?

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 06:49 AM
The messages are likely not from a human and likely a mingle2 computer pretending to be each of the actual users. My initial first contact with users should be responded with a message of some sort. My profile has 100 times more info then almost every other user so the response back to me should be a bit about themselves or at least anything. How can I confirm I will get a message from a real user and not continue to get messages from a system email generator claiming to be from a real user I messaged?

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 06:29 AM
In one sense that's a relief to know but in another - I've got to compete against 150 other guys for a pleasant lady. I better keep all my fingers crossed.

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 06:25 AM
I got a message from a guy seeking just girls and I am a guy also seeking girls. What the hell is that all about? I keep getting messages that make no sense and illogical. Even half the messages are from users other side of country or even the world - clearly those ones aren't genuine but ones from my area, even a guy, sounds like something is amiss. An explanation would be appreciated.

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 06:03 AM
Why do I get messages from users, even though they are clearly from Mingle2 as the users haven't typed a thing, requesting for me to contact or message the users that I have just messaged or sent a nudge or clicked on the match hart? I initiated it and am waiting for a response from the users so it makes no logical sense that i get a message requesting to make contact despite it was me that made first contact and am waiting for a response. I am aware users don't have to respond but I should get messages like the ones I have. I'd expect to get messages from users I never had contacted requesting me to make contact and not the other way round. I seems a bit messed up and maybe they are just automatically generated messages that mislead me into believing that the users I sent a contact of some sort, actually want to communicate with me but can't but messaging is supposed to be a free service both ways.

John's photo
Sun 08/22/21 05:49 AM
Set up my account and profile today a few hours ago but when I do a search in my area for others guys stating I am a woman in the search, with my height and age to narrow down the list just for the purpose to check if my profile is listed - I confirm it is not listed. What's the deal with that? How will I ever be able to verify my listing can be seen by others in a normal search (even though I can see my profile in my account?