Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 08:52 PM

Why is settling such a dirty word?

When you choose what to wear for the day, do you settle upon a particular outfit?

When you decide to buy a new car, so you decide between a couple before you settle upon one?

When you go out to eat and are torn between the steak or the shrimp, don't you settle upon one of them?

Does settling make any of those choices wrong or lesser than?

I don't think settling is a bad word, in and of itself, BUT it really depends on what you are talking about...

When I get dressed for the day and say "I want to wear my purple dress because it makes my butt look awesome!!"...(choice :smile: )... "DARN!!! The purple dress is in the laundry, I guess I will have to pick the blue or the green." (settling frown )

Looking for a new car and I say "I want a Maybach!!!" (choice :banana: ) and I remember that they go for $300,000 and can't afford that, but I can afford the Dodge. (settling sad )

As for the dinner selections? Which ever one I pick is fine by me....as long as they don't tell me all the have left is liver and onions,sick then I'm settling for the dinner roll. frown

When it comes to making a decision about a partner/companion/lover, I hope my choices aren't a good looking serial killer or a not so good looking cheater and thief because then I will choose to settle down with.......

Dr Who and a bucket of popcorn!!:banana:

But are you unhappy and chafing because you had to wear the blue dress instead? Is the blue dress so horrible and makes you feel so ugly but because you have to wear something you have to keep it?

Are you unhappy and chafing because you couldn't afford the Maybach and the Dodge just makes you terribly unhappy but you have to have a car so dangit, you'll just have to make due and keep wishing you could afford what you deserve?

Can't you still be happy when driving the Dodge while wearing the blue dress?

I'm not saying that one should settle for (and in that case I am using the modifier of "for" rather than "upon" or "down" that does indeed change its meaning) what makes them unhappy. But I do question all that people believe they deserve. Generally, people do not take less than what they want. In clothing, cars, or people. It's counterproductive to take what you don't really like, and I'm not sure many do that.

You say you "deserve" a certain kind of love, and nothing will make you settle for less. OK. Why is that even a question? Who is making anyone do that? Which is why I say that people say that because they can't have what they want so they save face by saying they won't settle.

Is there really a whole lot of either/or things others are making people do? You either have to have this mean person or no one at all! There are only two choices for you! You must be alone forever or 'settle for' this person who is nothing that you want (let alone "deserve".)

I'm just saying sometimes when you settle upon something that maybe wasn't exactly what you wanted it turns out to be the right thing and exactly what you didn't realize you wanted.

I think it goes back to those checklists that some people have about who they'll date. You know, I deserve this and this and that and this so he or she has to be this and that, etc. I threw mine out the window and discovered that there are a lot of people out there who would be great companions and would maybe even broaden my horizons and open up new worlds. I stopped thinking I deserved something specific and decided to look at what was offered and deciding if I liked it.

I'm not sure that people are saying settling for someone means that person makes them unhappy. I don't know where you got that.

I can't speak for others, but I would not want to be the woman that someone settled for. It would make me feel like he chose me because he couldn't get someone he really wanted to be with instead.

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 04:30 PM

How does settling mean you're getting less than what you think you should have? Why would anyone do that?

How does settling mean you're with someone who doesn't make you happy and you're miserable but you're gonna stay anyway? Why would anyone do that?

Maybe it's more about how you can't find what you're looking for so mouthing a platitude that doesn't mean much makes you feel better about it?

I don't mean to be contentious and mean, but if you decide upon someone, you've determined he or she is one you want, so you settle upon and settle down.

You're not settling for someone because you can't get who you really want. Or is that what you mean when you say settle?

Settle has many different meanings. Settling for someone is different than settling down with someone. To settle for someone, would be going for someone who below what you're looking for. Less than satisfactory.

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 12:21 PM

lol,,,,,,,,wow

its a public forum, are we really expecting to mention 'massive penis' with no one quoting or commenting,,,?

laugh

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 12:19 PM

This is really messed up...
Realizing I can't get by with flashing my massive penis anymore is a rude awakening. frustrated :tongue:

If you want a really rude awakening, then stop using a magnifying glass to examine yourself. :tongue:

Oye whoa

Dodo? Why must you comment on my penis? For future reference, my penis does not concern you, never has, never will...
It is NOT ok for you to quote anything on here in regards to my beautiful penis.

I'm sure there's another thread around where you can post your overused & repetitive melmatian jokes instead?

We get to pick and choose who comments on our posts now? Interesting.

Yup!... Everyone has a right to tell another to stay away.
Although, some don't get it the first go eh? :wink: So they should then expect the virtual biotchslap for their chitdisturbing ways bigsmile

Huh. Mingle has changed if we're allowed to tell others not to comment on our posts.

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 10:31 AM

I'd settle until I found the right person :tongue:

Otherwise if i'm alone for so long, I just get bored.

So you date just so you won't be bored? Do you not get out and do things unless you're dating someone? What about friends? Do you spend time with them? Are they boring to be around, for some reason?

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 10:26 AM

We take note of the s-i-Z-E of everything.

Whether its a house, diamond ring, bank account, penis, ego, nose, feet, boobs, a$$, mode of transportation, whatever...

And we make choices about what we like or don't, based on our own personal comparisons.

Are you more of a bigger is better type appraiser? Or more of a smaller is more economical type thinker?

Does the size of something influence you more over the outward good or bad looks of it?

This query is open to vast interpretation, so please be gentle while having fun with it. biggrin

surprised ... :tongue: ... noway

Clearly, it will depend on what it is when deciding if size matters or not. But for the most part, no, size isn't everything.

no photo
Sun 06/22/14 10:26 AM

This is really messed up...
Realizing I can't get by with flashing my massive penis anymore is a rude awakening. frustrated :tongue:

If you want a really rude awakening, then stop using a magnifying glass to examine yourself. :tongue:

Oye whoa

Dodo? Why must you comment on my penis? For future reference, my penis does not concern you, never has, never will...
It is NOT ok for you to quote anything on here in regards to my beautiful penis.

I'm sure there's another thread around where you can post your overused & repetitive melmatian jokes instead?

We get to pick and choose who comments on our posts now? Interesting.

no photo
Thu 06/19/14 07:04 PM

An acquaintance in work has this saying. It goes 'why settle for the pig when you can have the sausage'?

What she means by this is that while she wants someone in her life, she just can't see herself living with someone again and (worse case scenario) turning into someone who picks up his socks, puts the toilet seat down after him and makes his dinners.

To a certain extent, I agree. In the here and now, despite wanting a relationship, for various reasons, I can't see myself living with someone again and turning into a reincarnation of a 21st century Stepford wife - and I know relationships don't have to be that way but I am of a certain age and a nurturer so for me, I do have Stepford wife tendencies.... Which is why I can see myself in a committed relationship but living in separate households.

What about you? Do you want the pig or the sausage?

The Stepford Wives was a horror movie, no one really wants a Stepford wife, unless they are mentally damaged and looking for mommy's love. Do you attract this type of man and why would you tolerate their behaviour?

When I was on here more actively a few years ago, I remember you mentioning something about the your profession and relationships/ you found yourself in. Well, I'm a nurturer whether I want to be or not, it's just in my nature which is why I think I attract people that need to be nurtured. So yeah, a horror stories or series of horror stories laugh

Start going for different types of guys. There are men out there who don't expect you to pick up after them and cook for them at all times. Why settle for those who expect those things if that's not what you want?

no photo
Thu 06/19/14 11:07 AM

An acquaintance in work has this saying. It goes 'why settle for the pig when you can have the sausage'?

What she means by this is that while she wants someone in her life, she just can't see herself living with someone again and (worse case scenario) turning into someone who picks up his socks, puts the toilet seat down after him and makes his dinners.

To a certain extent, I agree. In the here and now, despite wanting a relationship, for various reasons, I can't see myself living with someone again and turning into a reincarnation of a 21st century Stepford wife - and I know relationships don't have to be that way but I am of a certain age and a nurturer so for me, I do have Stepford wife tendencies.... Which is why I can see myself in a committed relationship but living in separate households.

What about you? Do you want the pig or the sausage?

If you aren't willing to commit your heart to him? How could you possibly expect him to commit his to yours? What would be the point of this kind of relationship in the long run? Yeah of course relationships start out this way, but you're stating it as that's all you want. How would this accomplish anything later in life in this same context? Do you not want to grow old with someone?

What do you feel needs to be accomplished later in life that needs a different kind of relationship?

Lots of people are in committed relationships, yet don't live with each other. Does that mean they're really alone in your eyes?

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 04:19 PM

How do you chat when someone messages you? I have no idea what to say and they don't ask any questions. What do people talk about?
just say hello i am bla bla whats yours -so tell me about yourself and go from there--talk about anything how about current events if the other person is interest they will hang in there with you if they do not it was just not to be--- good luck--- (hint-women flirt men pursue) - see how easy it is i just chatted you for the first time---'' go for it '' you have nothing to loose and you can make some new friends---finding a friend is nothing more then finding someone with the ''same illusions''

I don't like the "tell me about yourself" comment/question. It's too vague. Be more specific if you want to know something.

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 04:18 PM

How do you chat when someone messages you? I have no idea what to say and they don't ask any questions. What do people talk about?

How do you talk to people in person? Shouldn't be that different.

no photo
Sun 04/06/14 07:19 PM

I personally (just my opinion here) don't see that it fills any need other than physical. I would never have a one night stand, I need more than that to fulfill my desires. I actually need a connection to begin to make the physical worth the effort. A one night stand would make me feel like less of a person than I know I truly am. I would also feel dirty and nasty, and no amount of water can wash that away. It may be okay for some but not this woman.

You may not be into one night stands, but sex isn't some dirty, nasty thing. Sounds like you've got some issues with sex to begin with.

no photo
Sun 04/06/14 12:06 PM

Keep talking even if other person is not listening..:)

Oh, there are definitely men who do that as well.

no photo
Sun 04/06/14 10:40 AM

Have multiple you know what...so there

You've never been with a guy who can go more than once? :tongue:

no photo
Sun 03/30/14 08:01 PM
There are a lot of people out there who still think we should have children by a certain age. I've been asked several times why I'm 35 with no kids, as if it means there's something wrong.

no photo
Sun 03/30/14 05:51 PM
I have to wonder why those who are questioning people who don't want children always mention that raising children isn't easy. Do you think people are unaware of that and think it's easy? Or that people who don't want children are looking for an easy out?

no photo
Thu 03/27/14 05:00 PM

Its not just the smell or the occasional noises its just a small flat being so close when she is going. Its feels like shes going in the same room etc .

Why did you choose such a small place where you'd be uncomfortable having people over who may use the bathroom?

no photo
Thu 03/27/14 02:42 PM

because we're busy trying to take over Texas... someone has to do it... is this something y'all talk about up there in Maryland? Is Texas politics something y'all discuss at the coffee shops and bars?

You brought it up here, which is why we're talking about it.

no photo
Thu 03/27/14 02:23 PM

well surely you would wait until work in this situation thrill?

First, girls DON'T go at work, they are uncomfortable doing so.

Second, when you have kids, you know they poop, right?

Third, I would share your thoughts with her.
Then I think you would never have to worry about her again.

Do girls hold it in at work for some reason?

no photo
Thu 03/27/14 02:21 PM

I see your are mainly american on here in the UK pooping is considered quite unladylike like so may be there is different etiquette etc.

LOL. No one believes this.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25