Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 10:53 AM

I don't get why people do the silent thing...to me it's just more unfinished business with no point...but it drives me nuts when people do it...it's leaves ya with a constant hmmmmmwhat :wink:

smiles...

that's why they do it, to create the demand in others that they speak!

a way of creating silent "control".

so the one who cares, has been controlled.

Like I said, not a mature way of handling things. Not someone I'd like to have around.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 10:50 AM

Silent treatment is a form of sanction that involves ignoring a paticular individual,neither speaking to that person nor responding to his or her words.We have someone around us (a partner,spouse,family members) who is fond of doing this or possibly we are the one that gives people the 'treatment'.personally,i think its wrong and even wickedness.I feel issues should be resolved ASAP,even if anyone should give the silent treatment....maximum of 5minutes to cool off and get your speech together.What do ya think? Does it help/affect a family/relationship?

It's definitely immature and doesn't help.

no photo
Wed 09/24/14 06:44 PM

1. Said it before, but first date, unless you've known that person previously, you should be meeting in a public place. After that and she feels comfortable enough, then yes, I always pick her up.

2. I don't wear suits and ties, but I do wear nice clothes and clean myself up.

3. Flowers are boring and predictable, I never bring flowers on a first date, but if the relationship seems to be going somewhere I do bring her something I've learned that she would like from our previous conversations. With my current girlfriend who is an artist, I brought gave her my own art I made for her, and still do.

4. Yeesh. I hate dancing. Fortunately my girlfriend hates it too, so neither of us have to worry about it.

5. I've always asked a lady out on a date, and let her know I'm asking as a date and not a hang out.

6. When it gets to that point yes, communication is key. Nothing should ever be assumed.

7. See 3, plus when we were still long distance my current girlfriend and I wrote handwritten letters to each other.

8. Yes definitely, but this should be true for all relationships including regular friends. Nothing more annoying than trying to have a conversation with someone face to face and they take a call or text in the middle of it.

9. I would hope this is common sense, sadly it's probably not with some.

10. I never assume anything.

I don't think flowers are boring, or predictable. Most guys never bring them. It would actually be a nice change.

no photo
Wed 09/24/14 06:41 PM

Agree? Disagree? All? Some? None? Outdated? Timeless?

1. If I know them, sure. I'm not inviting a first date to come pick me up, though.

2. Depends on what we're doing.

3. Flowers would be nice. Most guys don't do that these days. And it doesn't necessarily have to be the first date.

4. Personal preference. If they like dancing, go dancing.

5. Yes.

6. Yes.

7. Not necessary. Could be nice if genuine.

8. Yes.

9. Asking for permission for what?

10. Yes.

no photo
Thu 09/18/14 11:52 AM
Good. It shouldn't be required.

no photo
Wed 09/17/14 07:11 AM

Sending 3,000 troops?

Damn well bet it'll be here shortly.

Barry is sending 3000 military personnel to west Africa to help to control the outbreak.

It'll be Bush's fault.

Earlier this week, you informed us that the CDC owns *The Patent* for it <<True

biggrin

So, it is Bush sending troops.slaphead
Damn, I shoulda knowed it.rofl rofl rofl rofl

Reading Comp is a great quality to have.

I posed questions, not statements.

Is Ebola a Weapon of Mass Destruction?

Te explico?biggrin

Previous to this post, you asked 1 question. The rest were statements. Next time, use question marks to indicate you're asking a question.

And no, I don't think the President is trying to infect the country.

no photo
Wed 09/17/14 07:06 AM
The Nats won the NL East division. It was even better that it was done at Turner Field.

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 09:08 PM
No baseball fans?!

Go Nats!

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 05:28 PM
Ok :laughing:

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 04:47 PM

All that I've met here, I met them through the forums. On a site like this, that worked better for me.

Who knows. Let your guard down a little. You may meet some interesting people here.

Oh, the irony.

If it's OK with you, I'll continue to do what works best for me, on a site like this.

I'll trust that the wheels won't completely fall off this little wagon, if I choose to NOT meet someone/anyone from here.

drinks

No need to be defensive. :smile:

I was just commenting based on what you had said here. If you choose to just use this site to chat, no worries.

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 04:31 PM

Sorry if it sounds like that; it certainly shouldn't read like that, because that's not what I typed, because that's not what I said, nor what I meant. That's why I used words like "type", "representative", and "most". If I "assume(d) all men are the same", there would be no "type", nor the need for a "representative" and I would have used the word "all"; generally, I used no quantifier at all and only once used "most".

I don't use online discussion boards with the intention of meeting people; I use online discussion boards when - for whatever reason - I haven't met my RDA of interesting conversations.

Oh, and often I use it to break up the monotony while working on a project, here at work. Like I've been doing all week, and like I did tonight...instead of watching football, dammit. Rumor has it if I can forego one football game and wrap up this project by tomorrow/Saturday, I'll get a whole day - and night - of football games on Sunday.

Might even go to a sports bar and enjoy 'em all. winking

All that I've met here, I met them through the forums. On a site like this, that worked better for me.

Who knows. Let your guard down a little. You may meet some interesting people here.

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 04:27 PM
How's your team doing?

no photo
Thu 09/11/14 09:45 PM

Probably not likely, OP.

I still try to reconcile if the type of man who posts on online dating sites is a special breed, unique unto itself,

or representative of the type of men who DO use online sites,

or representative of the way most men truly think, when they think no one's looking.

Since discovering online *dating* sites and their discussion boards 3+ years ago, I've always wondered if the men I meet in real life from real-world encounters are secretly thinking the things the men online are so willing to openly share,

and he's simply smiling sweetly and pretending to be a normal, *nice*, regular guy while inside he's seething with a hatred for all things female.

scared

*Sad*...but true, honest, and candid.

It sounds like you're assuming all men are the same. Once you learn they're not and relax a little, you might actually meet some interesting people.

no photo
Thu 09/11/14 09:40 PM
If you want to have sex on the first date, go for it. If not, don't. Why is it such a big deal?

no photo
Thu 09/11/14 04:34 PM

Hey everyone;),i want to know what you folks think,am not talking about if you're already in a relationship,and i already read all the threads about casual sex ect,and no,i DON'T mean going up to a stranger and say "hey,how would you like to *%#@"?NO,i mean like ,when you and someone getting that close or think you are ect,and I know alot of times or maybe MOST times you don't have to ask,I get that,so come on now,let it all out,we don't keep secretes here right?!:angel: flowerforyou: drinker

If you have to beg, you're doing it wrong.

no photo
Thu 09/11/14 04:28 PM

How willing are you to meet someone from
Mingle in person?

I've met people from mingle in person.

no photo
Tue 09/09/14 03:29 PM
I like beards. Trimming everywhere else is always a good idea.

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 07:43 PM

Oops.

waving miss you!

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 07:39 PM

In high school, I was voted Most Likely To Go To Jail. What were you voted Most Likely to Do???

:banana:

Yikes. Did you live up to it?

no photo
Tue 06/24/14 08:29 PM

I'm not sure that people are saying settling for someone means that person makes them unhappy. I don't know where you got that.

I can't speak for others, but I would not want to be the woman that someone settled for. It would make me feel like he chose me because he couldn't get someone he really wanted to be with instead.

And wouldn't that make both him and you unhappy?

I believe that that is exactly what people mean when they say settle in this manner--they mean they can't get who they really wanted. So yes, they're unhappy and they make you unhappy.

All this talk about how you (global, not specific) would rather be alone than with someone not right for you is hooey. It's hooey because it's just dramatic, over-the-top, meaningless prattle because how many would actually choose to be with someone they don't really want? It's a great sound bite, I guess, but everybody pretty much understands that they want the right person, not just any person.

Though, I do remember having a "pact" with someone back in my 20's and we said that if we weren't married by 40 or something we'd marry each other. Thankfully, we never had to honor that pact.

There are an awful lot of lonely people out there who would settle for pretty much anyone, rather than be alone. Not saying all, or most people are that way, but they're definitely out there.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25