Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Sun 12/21/14 11:29 AM

I am about the middle.

Im told that its not about whether you like being around people and more about whether you long for their input.

Extroverts want to know what other folks think, not because they cant make their own decisions, but because they like having their ideas and wonder how they measure up with their own. Introverts dont need anyones input. Not that they dont care about other people, but they dont need a checking system to make them happy.

This is how it was explained to me.

hmm. now im confused. even though I don't put that much stock in this test.
yet your explanation brings to mind a highly insecure introvert who seeks the input of everyone and is afraid to think for herself.
how did you get that from what I said? I said introverts dont need anyones input.

I didnt mention insecurity, or being afraid to think for themself?

dont get me wrong...Im sure you know someone like that, but its not what I described.

I don't necessarily agree that extroverts need a "checking system" to make them happy, or that introverts don't seek anyone's input.

Extroverts tend to interact with others easily. I don't think it means they're always looking for validation, which is what you seemed to describe, though.

no photo
Sun 12/21/14 10:52 AM
My most positive memory? It allowed me to meet a few awesome people.

no photo
Wed 12/17/14 07:42 AM

No, I hadn't even read the post before mine. My post was a response to the whole thread in general.

Uh, didn't you read Soufie's original comment and my reply to her?

I didn't read every single post here.

no photo
Tue 12/16/14 06:02 PM

I think Dodo hit a nerve with the whiny men. laugh

smiles...

if a guy say's to a women, she will UNDERSTAND RESPECT, when SHE get's HURT, because she won't chat on face book with him...

that's pretty out there, and downright malicious intent, as it endorses the want of pain for another, over one self receiving a "no"...

those are truly dangerous dudes.

for sure having nothing to do with whiney male or female threads...

smiles

What are you talking about?

smiles...

oopsie.

it was one of the post before yours, you didn't catch...

your response appeared to be in response to that...

obviously it wasn't...

flowers flowers flowers

No, I hadn't even read the post before mine. My post was a response to the whole thread in general.

no photo
Tue 12/16/14 11:35 AM

This isn't a cheap-shot at the rules. I'm just throwing out a question -

How does everyone on here feel about the blocking of "swear words" on this site by replacing them with asterisks?

Do you feel it's age-appropriate given that you have to be 18 to be on here? Does it impede your ability to say what you want to as freely, or does the restriction force you to reconsider the language you use?

Give me your feels, folks.

Pretty silly and not age appropriate.

no photo
Tue 12/16/14 10:31 AM

smiles...

if a guy say's to a women, she will UNDERSTAND RESPECT, when SHE get's HURT, because she won't chat on face book with him...

that's pretty out there, and downright malicious intent, as it endorses the want of pain for another, over one self receiving a "no"...

those are truly dangerous dudes.

for sure having nothing to do with whiney male or female threads...

smiles

What are you talking about?

no photo
Mon 12/15/14 07:45 PM

Well?

I do, somewhat. But, it's more on the side of what makes me not talk to people. If someone is a jerk most of the time, I'm going to go with that and not try to get to know them.

no photo
Mon 12/15/14 07:39 PM

no photo
Mon 12/15/14 07:32 PM

If you're in a relationship, you damn well know the difference between the silent treatment and backing off as a preventative measure...The silent treatment is a game of control, a test of wills...It just makes a bad situation worse...It's immature and beyond stoopid...Backing off to avoid saying something or doing something that can permanently damage the relationship is a sign of self control and genuine caring for the other person...

Exactly.

no photo
Mon 12/15/14 07:24 PM

there is one woman here that likes to atack men.no matter what we say we are wrong in her eyes.who cares if we cant spell as long as people understand.im not likeing seeing her make snotty coments.so if you dont like men im sure theres a off switch on your computer.use it....

You have made 2 posts, and haven't been a member of the site very long, but you're complaining about some woman here that makes posts you don't like? Sounds like you're doing exactly what you're saying you don't like seeing her do.

no photo
Wed 12/10/14 07:55 PM

I am not being presumptuous, although wondering why women will search a man's profile, but rearly if ever send the first introductory letter to a man?

Not every profile is interesting to a woman understood.

Not every woman is as you described here. If you want women to contact you first, you're going to have to put more effort into your profile in order to give women something to contact you about.

no photo
Tue 12/09/14 06:55 PM

There are multiple intelligences and some of them aren't always very noticeable upon first meeting something.

Don't worry about being called "pretentious". The term is basically used ironically at this point in Millienial culture.

I mean... I went on a date with a girl that worked in abnormal neuroscience but had little to no social intelligence. She preferred working with cadavers.

Attraction, I think, is based on some reciprocity of emotional intelligence as well. Unless you're a sociopath. You're probably not a sociopath.

waving

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 08:44 PM

Me; I do believe in just being myself but that doesn't mean I don't strive to improve myself. The difference with me is that I do things to improve myself for me not to impress someone else. Whether I chose to improve myself or not; it should be entirely my choice and not pressure from another person or partner. I don't like someone telling to me change who I am just to make them happy. I have always stood my ground as to who I am and I have no problem showing any man to the door that won't accept me for who I am. I would rather be single than to live like that.
This is more of what I'm talking about,but obviously some people don't quite get it,if you will always be yourself no matter then why the heck everyone keeping telling people ,oh "don't change who you are,always be yourself",so sounds to me theirs IS a choice there,my main message is,why tell people to be the same if it doesn't help them in anyway, if anything change for better and grow!

I think that goes more with don't pretend to like something you don't like, or to enjoy doing something you don't enjoy just to impress others. That wouldn't be being yourself. That has nothing to do with changing to better yourself.
Some people said in their posts,you can only be yourself, ,people straight out say "don't change"always be yourself",and I'm saying,why not tell them to change for better and grow ECT,so it does have something to do with it!

Why tell others to change?
I'm not the one giving advice,I posted this topic because of the advice that people always give other people,"don't change,always be yourself"?

Except you're telling them to tell people to change.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:43 PM

Me; I do believe in just being myself but that doesn't mean I don't strive to improve myself. The difference with me is that I do things to improve myself for me not to impress someone else. Whether I chose to improve myself or not; it should be entirely my choice and not pressure from another person or partner. I don't like someone telling to me change who I am just to make them happy. I have always stood my ground as to who I am and I have no problem showing any man to the door that won't accept me for who I am. I would rather be single than to live like that.
This is more of what I'm talking about,but obviously some people don't quite get it,if you will always be yourself no matter then why the heck everyone keeping telling people ,oh "don't change who you are,always be yourself",so sounds to me theirs IS a choice there,my main message is,why tell people to be the same if it doesn't help them in anyway, if anything change for better and grow!

I think that goes more with don't pretend to like something you don't like, or to enjoy doing something you don't enjoy just to impress others. That wouldn't be being yourself. That has nothing to do with changing to better yourself.
Some people said in their posts,you can only be yourself, ,people straight out say "don't change"always be yourself",and I'm saying,why not tell them to change for better and grow ECT,so it does have something to do with it!

Why tell others to change?

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:32 PM

Me too yuk I hate big words. So if you have something to say then say it so it is understandable by all.

What?

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:30 PM
It's just a job. I don't love it or hate it. When it's over, I enjoy my time out of work and don't think about work until I go back to the office.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:20 PM

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:14 PM

Be yourself,it sounds really good and genuine doesn't it? Well guess what,I'm here to tell you that sometimes, that's a load of horse chit,I know some you folks going eat me alive now,scared ,it's always best for us to strive to be better,to grow,we're not perfect and we'll never be at lest not in THIS life,so how are we going to accomplish this by stay the same??But there are times when some of us need to be ourselves,example,pretending to be what your not to impress other people,the opposite sex ECT,but the list is endless with stuff people do that I'll make you go,why doesn't he/change,totally classless acts ECT!! I'm all ear and I'm always open to learning,what are you guys opinion on being yourself? I'm gonna pop me some corn and be right back lol!bigsmile drinker

I don't think being yourself necessarily means to stay the same. You can be yourself and strive to be better and grow.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 06:08 PM

in relationships its hard to know which is called for...

sometimes people are just venting and sometimes they want feedback,,how do you determine which situation it is?

I'm more of a to the point person who listens unless I'm asked a question or asked for help,,,,but there are those who expect the need to be implied without asking you,,,

You can probably offer advice either way. However, if they say they're just venting and don't want help, don't get offended when they don't take your advice.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 10:55 AM

The biggest obstacle I have had to overcome on this site is sounding too "pretentious" or "superior." I am someone who is very confident in her intelligence, so I don't try to dumb down my use of language. Unfortunately, many guys see this as a negative. As far as I can tell, they are either threatened by the prospect of a smart woman being able to see through their bullsh*t, or they just don't find intelligence attractive. What is your opinion? Do you subconsciously judge people based on their intelligence?

Intelligence is sexy. If a guy has a problem with your intelligence, he's not for you. Perhaps he's intimidated for some reason and that's why he acts as if it's a negative thing.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25