Community > Posts By > labeam

labeam's photo
Mon 11/10/08 09:56 PM
So an update. My friend is no longer speaking to me because I thought he needed to get help. But I did what I thought was best and I know he will come around eventually but it has to be him not me. Thanks for all the advice though.

labeam's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:52 AM
That's the thing is I know he has before and there was only one time he ever called me to get him and that's when I started to notice the change in him from just drinking occasionally to every night. I'm just worried about him you know he is one of my best friends.

labeam's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:43 AM
So I have a friend. Everyone thinks of him as that guy that drinks all the time because it's fun. However, I know he typically doesn't drink other than weekends. Latly though he has been drinking everynight to the point that he doesn't remember what has happened the night before. Last Friday he thanked me for picking him up on Thursday night and I said what are you talking about I never picked you up. He has no idea how he got back but thought it was funny. This guy is one of my best friends who yes is a goofball but has always been there and called and checked on me when I am having problems. Now what do I do about all his drinking. It really scares me that he doesn't remember things that happen. He is a great guy but he has never drank this much this often. What do you think I should do? I should also mention when I expressed some concern one other time he just blew it off and told me to stop worrying but how can you when your friend texts you every night saying he is either drinking or wasted. Any advice would be great.

labeam's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:03 PM
Yes I have thought that but it took me awhile to realize it and now he doesn't know what he wants. So who knows!

labeam's photo
Tue 07/29/08 10:16 PM
See I believe that all people are and were saved when jesus died for us. We don't have to worship god everyday or even go to church on Sundays. But I do believe that god has a purpose for us all and that's why he already saved us.

labeam's photo
Tue 07/29/08 10:09 PM
Edited by labeam on Tue 07/29/08 10:25 PM
I just wanted to ask you all to pray for everyone involved in the shooting at the Tennessee Unitarian Universalist church. That could have been any church gathering anywhere in the world. I was actually a few blocks away at the UCC National Youth Event during the shooting. There were over 3,000 youth and adults in worship at the University of Tennessee when the tragedy happened. So I thought I would share the prayer that was said at our evening worship.

"O God of Peace and Love, You have been with us on this journey of growth, discovery, and reflection. We are amazed at the signs that you have given to us to show us the way to a better life of love, creation, and harmony. We confess that we all have faults, differences, and doubts. As your children we ask for your forgiveness and guidance to heal our brokenness. We are entering into a period of mourning for the victims of the shootings this morning at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church. We ask for your comfort and the strength of your love for the victims, the shooter, and their loved ones. As a generation that has been confronted by 9/11, the shootings at others schools and colleges, as well as war, we trust in your power and wisdom to lead us to create a world of peace and wholeness. We leave here inspired, and ready to love. In your name we pray. Amen."

labeam's photo
Sat 07/19/08 09:08 PM
Under 30 here