Community > Posts By > Takineko

Takineko's photo
Fri 08/08/08 12:23 AM

:smile: Do you think you are good looking? :smile: Or just average?flowerforyou

Why does it all come down to this? An elegant, true soul should always outshine the fading factor of the perception of ones exterior. But, it's always about looks first. That is sad. Look at my picture and decide if I am good looking outside and then ask yourself why. I bet you get it wrong compared to my viewpoint.

Takineko's photo
Sun 07/13/08 07:13 AM

Bye the way didn't that famous Japanese Haiku artist write that little ditty? (the woman who is world renown)

Which Japanese poet? And, what the hell is a ditty?
Thanks,
Tn

Takineko's photo
Sat 07/12/08 01:02 AM

Idea's can help people, beliefs causes killings in the name of!

Ideas by themselves are neutral, but context is everything. Ideas can manipulate. They can also tell us a great deal about the mindset of their proponents.

Takineko's photo
Sat 07/12/08 12:56 AM

theory requires belief

Actually, a theory is an unproven conjecture waiting to be substantiated.

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 09:52 PM

Sounds like you need about 3 days in one of our a "Mississippi Cross-bar Hotels...."

It will surely give you a new perspective on life in general, and a passionate love for fried Bologna, grits and gravy, and prune juice, since that's what you get 3X a day....

I can't seem to find this in the 'Better Hotel Guide'... But, I understand once you check in, you can't check out.

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 09:45 PM
I was charged with Inciting a riot once, but the charge was dropped. Who knew making a protest against McDonalds could turn ugly? ;)

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 06:27 PM

Tranquil Waters

Calm tranquil waters,
steer me down the path of life,
no heart-ache, no strife

WAM 7/10/08

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Humming Bird

Humming bird flutter,
with such speed, beauty, and grace,
won't hasten her pace.

These two are my favorite.

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 06:25 PM
MsWizard, please do not misunderstand, I liked what 10001110123(Did I remember it correctly?) wrote. I agree with you. Any poem anyone writes is special because it reflects an ability and a need to create. I thought my post to 10001110123 would be sent private, I was not trying to 'pee in his Cherrios'. :)

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 06:19 PM
Kobayashi Issa? I don't think so. Her simple words are much more structured and provoking. I enjoyed your writings. I hope to see more of yours in the future! :)

Takineko's photo
Fri 07/11/08 05:07 PM
Thank you! :smile:

Takineko's photo
Thu 07/10/08 09:20 PM
Edited by Takineko on Thu 07/10/08 09:24 PM
You really have the right idea, but the Haiku should not be so stressed. Unlike a poem, this is a short matter that reflects this moment, or a singular memory. Relax and write. You will surprise yourself!

Because most Japanese words are polysyllabic, with very short sounds (like the syllables in the three-syllable english word "radio", but unlike the one-syllable words "thought" or "stressed"), the seventeen sounds of a Japanese haiku carry less information than would seventeen syllables. Consequently, writing seventeen syllables in English typically produces a poem that is significantly "longer" than a traditional Japanese haiku.

5-7-5

here is something I will just make up:

I found beauty here
In a place that I forgot
I remember now

Doitashimashi te!
Mata ne,
Steve

Takineko's photo
Thu 07/10/08 06:54 PM

The dark night sky fades away, becoming soft morning colors . The twilight hues begin to lighten.
She will be here soon.

She will look on us, rising slowly from the east, awaiting for her time to shine.
She will be here soon.

Then She will gather the warm winds,
that will change a cold winter night into a spring morning. Daring something inside of us to bloom.
She will be here soon.

And while She is here, She will smile on us and bring warm loving rays on our faces. We that were once only sleeping, will awake and show our brillance of violet, white, red and blue.
She will be here soon.

We will smile back at her with our soft colors.
And we will love her.
She will be here soon.

But jealous clouds came and hid Her from us.
She did not come.
Our colors will not show today,
instead we will fall back to sleep, dreaming that
She will be here soon.

Takineko's photo
Tue 07/08/08 02:15 AM
Seeing the sakura blossoms in Fukushima Japan in the spring and visiting the onsens in the winter(natural hot-spring baths), skiing in Hokkaido, the Shrine in Matsushima and visiting Tokyo at night. I will really be glad to get return in September. Until then, here I wait in Indiana.