Community > Posts By > Mags

Mags's photo
Mon 07/05/21 05:15 PM

There are several places in the bible that state God has walked on earth and will walk among us. I’ve always assumed these passages have meant on legs.
There is also the time God came to Abraham as one of his three visitors. God stayed with Abraham while the two angels went to Sodom and Gomorrah.
I have always thought that John 10:30, “I and my Father are one,” cinched many’s belief that Jesus is God in human form and his bodily form was a “son of God” as are all God’s followers.

The Bible is not a unified work that has come down to us unchanged from its original autographs; rather, it’s an anthology of 66 or 73, books with different origins and literary histories.

https://www.quora.com/How-has-the-Bible-changed-over-time

I am aware of this, though unsure what it has to do with my comment. I am missing something in your response maybe.

Those who wrote the bible added things not in the original bible.
God didn’t come to Abraham. The three visitors were angels.
The same thing with " God has walked on earth and will walk among us. " and “I and my Father are one,” .
Jesus is not God in human form and not a “son of God” .
Jesus is a prophet like Abraham and others.

I’m not familiar with this original bible. I was taught that William Tyndall translated the books I studied from their original languages into English. I know there are many books not in the bible, but was not aware of things being randomly added.

Mags's photo
Fri 07/02/21 12:14 PM
I would wear one for my customers if I were an Uber driver.

Mags's photo
Fri 07/02/21 12:10 PM

I love to sleep for all day long.
asleep asleep asleep

I can be that way now and again too. Movie marathons will usually find me asleep on the couch. laugh

Mags's photo
Fri 07/02/21 12:09 PM
I like to spend most weekends out and about. I like to mix it up, swimming or hiking one weekend and shopping or hanging with friends the next. I just need to be out in the world. Especially after all the pandemic business.

Mags's photo
Thu 07/01/21 09:44 AM

There are several places in the bible that state God has walked on earth and will walk among us. I’ve always assumed these passages have meant on legs.
There is also the time God came to Abraham as one of his three visitors. God stayed with Abraham while the two angels went to Sodom and Gomorrah.
I have always thought that John 10:30, “I and my Father are one,” cinched many’s belief that Jesus is God in human form and his bodily form was a “son of God” as are all God’s followers.

The Bible is not a unified work that has come down to us unchanged from its original autographs; rather, it’s an anthology of 66 or 73, books with different origins and literary histories.

https://www.quora.com/How-has-the-Bible-changed-over-time

I am aware of this, though unsure what it has to do with my comment. I am missing something in your response maybe.

Mags's photo
Mon 05/31/21 08:21 AM
Your topic makes me think of the movie When Harry Met Sally. They were friends for years before they realized they had a physical attraction brewing under their friendship. I like the idea of a relationship forming from a friendship happening organically like in the movie. I would worry that making a “date” with a friend could come off as trying to coax it out and could make things uncomfortable for you both.

Mags's photo
Mon 05/31/21 06:06 AM
Count blessings not complaints is what my Grammy always said. flowerforyou It’s not always easy but it’s true.

Mags's photo
Mon 05/31/21 06:04 AM

The Kitchen House. - Kathleen Grissom

I’m interested in hearing how you liked it. So far I’ve heard good reviews.

Mags's photo
Mon 05/31/21 06:01 AM

There is no shortage of people constantly staring at their cell phone ; no matter where they are . Going for a walk ; eating lunch ; not eating , just staring at their cell ; etc , etc. . . .

I’m one of those people because I am always reading a book on my phone. laugh

This year I have read and can recommend Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, Distant Hours by Kate Morton, Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan, The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen and Where the Crawdads Sing by Delta Bowen.

I’m currently reading The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan because Beneath a Scarlet Sky was an amazing tale based on astonishing true events of a WW II hero in Italy. I highly recommend this book and this author, and will be following his work closely now that I’ve found him.

Mags's photo
Fri 05/28/21 10:02 AM
Edited by Mags on Fri 05/28/21 10:02 AM
1. Willing to communicate feelings
2. Easy-going personally
3. Does not prefer teen girls to women his own age.

Mags's photo
Thu 05/27/21 07:51 PM
I think people sometimes mistake someone with a slower dating pace as playing hard to get. I say everyone should follow their comfort zone.

Mags's photo
Thu 05/27/21 07:39 PM

I’m seeking a lot of senseless things like a man in central Alabama whose profile says if you don’t really live in Georgia, don’t bother. The curiosity only lasted a second.

Whom ever own's that profile must be smoking to much weed.

I’m guessing that or they’re not sure where they live.

I wrote seeking instead or seeing. I’m certainly not! laugh

Mags's photo
Thu 05/27/21 04:27 PM
I’m seeking a lot of senseless things like a man in central Alabama whose profile says if you don’t really live in Georgia, don’t bother. The curiosity only lasted a second.

Mags's photo
Thu 05/27/21 04:15 PM

I’ve heard most of us don’t actually mourn the loss of our ACTAL ex as much as the future we imagined we would have together. But that’s a fantasy based on our best memories of the relationship. Try considering a life based on your worst moments together and remember that there was as good a chance that was what your future would have actually been like. This advice helped me through my divorce.

I can see how this advice might help someone dealing with negative feelings in an optimistic lifestyle.

Some have a different reaction to breakups. Some see the breakup as a failure on their part. They usually ask themselves questions like "How could I have fixed this?" or at worst "What is wrong with me?". Thinking the breakup was a failure on their part alone.

Depression usually sets in and there's this nagging dread which asks "Will I ever find someone again or will I be alone the rest of my life?". When this happens after a long duration relationship there's also the feeling that you've wasted those years. Sometimes decades of your prime health.

Consider the fact relationships are sometimes very complex. They are filled with associations and compulsions. You have two unique people interacting with each other, forming bonds, changing patterns and sharing intimate things about themselves to each other in confidence. Assumptions are formed about the other as well as expectations being made for some very important behavior. Many times when assumptions and expectations do not play out as one imagined, a rift begins to form in their bond. It snowballs without honest communication and soon, the relationship has changed to the point it is broken.

The first reaction is to blame the other.
Sometimes the blame focuses on the self.
Both reactions produce negative feelings.
Since the negative feelings are so strong, we tend to focus on them.

In reality, Most relationships are a mix of positive and negative experiences with many, many mundane periods which are neither positive or negative.
What many fail to realize is 'all' those experiences makes you the person you are. They have changed you from who you once were to who you are now.

Take some time and examine your relationship with brutal honesty.
You will realize there were good times and bad. You will also realize there were times which were not really good but also not really bad.
Try to learn the wisdom all those experience gave you.
Apply that wisdom to your lifestyle.

Use the wisdom you have gained so you do not make the same mistakes again but only focus on the good stuff you did. Allow contentment to soak into your soul. Realize you didn't do everything right but you didn't do everything wrong either.

When your self-confidence and self-esteem grow strong enough, use the wisdom you have gained to find someone new. Someone who aligns with the new lifestyle you have created for yourself.

If you enter into a relationship based on lies, the relationship will fail.
If you enter into a relationship based on your own expectations of another person, the relationship will fail.

Understand other people are also unique individuals with their own life philosophies and wisdom. The trick is to find the one who aligns with you as closely as possible. A certain amount of tolerance has to be adopted because each person is unique. They are never going to align perfectly.

Just like you, they are themselves. They have feelings, desires, hopes and dreams, just like you.
There is no other person on this planet who is exactly like you.
If you believe you should be able to be yourself, why would you think someone else should live to your expectations of them?
Assumptions and expectations cloud our view of others.
Try to 'see' the other as they really are.
You already did it when you first met them.
Its probably what attracted you to them in the first place.

I hope you have the strength to find your inner contentment again.
I hope you are smart enough to learn the wisdom you need to form a new relationship with someone.
The most important step is the first one.
Choose wisely

You’ve captured a lot perspectives and great insight here.

Mags's photo
Thu 05/27/21 04:06 PM
I see your point. But that would make DNA accurate in all cases but this. I suppose I consider it to be more likely that the DNA (which I consider God’s signature) is right and the warnings of false Jews to be referencing another group entirely. I’ll take your belief into consideration. I’m not Jewish, just interested.

Mags's photo
Wed 05/26/21 05:19 AM
I’ve never heard of any of this before. What an interesting concept. I’m probably closest to a Polarian than any other.

Mags's photo
Wed 05/26/21 04:45 AM
I’ve heard most of us don’t actually mourn the loss of our ACTAL ex as much as the future we imagined we would have together. But that’s a fantasy based on our best memories of the relationship. Try considering a life based on your worst moments together and remember that there was as good a chance that was what your future would have actually been like. This advice helped me through my divorce.

Mags's photo
Tue 05/25/21 02:51 PM

The power to be omnipotent

Being mentally able to control it is another thing.

Would you like a side of Mulligan powers with that?

Mags's photo
Tue 05/25/21 02:48 PM
I would like the power to show single minded people other perspectives.

Mags's photo
Sun 05/23/21 04:30 PM

“I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them.  They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit.  I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them.”  (Amos 9:14–15)

That's an important question! You may be interested to know that the people whom God exiled are not the Jewish people currently in that land. This people are inhabiting that land sinds may 1948, and God will therefore not have called them His exiled people. I am curious to know if this concept is clear to you and what your thoughts are.

Didn’t the current resident Israelites make a garden and vineyard oasis out if a desert wasteland? This seems like a written prophecy come true to me. Those who remain unconvinced that the 1984 Jews were the chosen people returning to their promised land can consult ancestry records and DNA for furter documentation. There is tons of it being done these days. The Israelites sometimes even require DNA proof of middle-eastern Jewish descent before performing marriages these days.

They are Israelies and not Israelites. They are actually Khazarians who converted to Judaism approximately 850 B.C. But we can't convert from a nationality to a religion. For instance, a Chinese can't convert to Christianity, and become something else then he already is.

I used the term Israelite because I was pointing out that DNA and ancestry tracing is proving that many of the Jewish population in Israel today are blood descendants of the original Hebrew clans in the middle east in biblical times. There may be many Jewish converts living in Israel too, and I agree that they are not to be mistaken as Israelites. I’m pretty sure everyone who lives in Israel an Israeli regardless of race or religion.

Previous 1