Community > Posts By > Neomagna

Neomagna's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:17 PM

I use this protein fruit smoothie as a meal replacement 3 times a week and have found it helpfull for losing weight. I am on a high protein/ low fat/ 1,200 calorie diet and I follow the Mayo clinic's food pyramid (where fruits & vegetables are on the bottom of the table not grains). Please keep in mind I am not a professional and you should consult with a doctor before starting a diet. High protein diets are great for increasing a person's metabolism but remember to drink LOTS of water! Too much protein can be hard on your kidneys with out drinking enough water!

1 Cup of Skim Milk
3 Scoops of "Advant Edge" Soy Vanillia Protein
1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup Frozen Black Berries
1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries

Blend to desired texture in blender & enjoy! You can freeze this also for a frozen sorbet later!

I use frozen fruits for many reasons.
1.) They are cheaper than fresh fruits.
2.) They last longer than fresh fruits.
3.) They make your smoothie nice & cool with out adding ice.
4.) They have a lot more vitamins then fruit juices.

This took me awhile to figure this out but here is the main nutrition facts important to dieters.

Total Fat :3.75 grams
Total Calories: 740
Total Protein : 70 grams!!!
Total Carbs:104

It is also a cool purple color & tastes great! I use this shake during lunch as a meal replacement 3 times a week. I hope someone finds this helpfull! I have many other recipes I have created that follow a 1,200 calorie diet. if interested please feel free to write me and I can mail you other meals that work!

Since september 2007 I have lost 62 pounds and 24 inches off of my body. I also have lost 8 pant sizes :)

Question: can the blackberries be replaced by another fruit or can be left out entirely if I do not want them in there? And that 3 Scoops of "Advant Edge" Soy Vanillia Protein, is there a cheaper alternative or is that the only thing that'll work (if that is the only thing that'll work, is there a place that sells it at a bargain price?

In any case, since I do not often have time for lunch and this summer I am planning to have more time weightlifting, could this shake completely replace lunch meals altogether in my case?

Neomagna's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:11 PM

1 lb of Hamburger
3 or 4 potatoes
Taco or burrito seasoning
Sour cream
your choice of hot sauce

peel and chop potatoes, cook potatoes till they are soft. Brown the ground beef, drain the ground beef. Add taco or burrito seasoning, add water. add the potatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Spoon into tortillas and eat. These are oh so good.

Hm, sounds good actually. Looks like the next time I get paid, I have to try this out! happy

1 3 Next