Community > Posts By > hoppytoad79

hoppytoad79's photo
Tue 02/24/09 03:42 AM
So true! Thanks for the reminders.

hoppytoad79's photo
Tue 02/24/09 03:41 AM

I was afraid of that. I don't have the best track record of trusting what's 'inside me.' even though I'm addicted to pleasure, lust and passion, I don't do emotions well. I trust my mind, which is failing me at the moment.

Lean on God, read His Word, seek Him in all things. It says in Jeremiah (forget the chapter and verse) that the heart is wicked and I know from personal experience that when there are hormones involved you aren't thinking clearly *at all*.

If you know that you tend to get in trouble in certain types of situations, avoid them. If you find yourself heading in that direction, remove yourself at the first opportunity. If it means leaving the room, leave the room. If it means changing the subject of conversation, change the subject. Do whatever you need to do and do not let anyone tell you that you're being too uptight or are a wet blanket, or anything else to make you question your decision. Flee from temptation and run straight to God. The devil will try to stop you from fleeing but don't let him. Ask God for help getting through the roadblocks and around obstructions in your way and He will, so say "No" and keep walking. Push the girl away and move across the room. It may be Very, Very Hard to resist and flee but that's what we're supposed to do.

Someone I know found himself caught up in sexual sin so he decided to take at least six months off dating to seek God and get his house in order. Easy? Not a chance. Worth it? He says when he made the decision and committed to it and sought God for the strength to see it through, God helped him and his relationship with God grew so much stronger and richer and he's a much better person for having done it. I've had to completely distance myself from things that had become idols and addictions in my life and it can be very hard at times to stay away and not slip back to what I used to enjoy so much but when I had moments when I really wanted to slip back, I prayed or put on some Christian praise music or started reading the Bible or called a Christian friend about it and God always came through with the strength to resist and hang in there until the urge passed, however long that took.

hoppytoad79's photo
Tue 02/24/09 03:29 AM

Go ahead, sin. He already died for your sins.

That's an incredibly cavalier attitude toward the sacrifice Christ made. Yes, we're forgiven all sins we have committed and ever will commit but that's not a carte blanche to go forth and do whatever we want. It's made abundantly clear in the NT that we are to refrain from and turn away from sin and resist temptation.

hoppytoad79's photo
Tue 02/24/09 03:24 AM
Seek God on it and do what you feel is best. As long as you're not passing judgment on ladies who aren't virgins, your decision is nothing more than a choice you have made for yourself personally. If anyone gives you a hard time, politely tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. ;)

30, F, waiting until marriage.

hoppytoad79's photo
Tue 02/24/09 03:18 AM

Love will find you! Gods timing is perfect!... but I myself wish he would hurry!:smile: :banana: :smile:

*G* I heartily concur!

The last two (supposedly) Christian men I almost dated turned out to be complete sleaze--one was arrested a year later for going to meet up with a 13 year old to have sex with her and he was 29. xp

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/25/08 09:14 PM
I've never found Brad Pitt particularly appealing. Blond and blue eyes just don't do it for me, for some reason. Brown hair and brown or green eyes, however...drool

Saying "You'd look hot in that dress" is very different than "If you want to look hot, wear that dress". If a guy said the first to me, I'd consider buying the dress. A guy who said the second would be told not to let the door hit him on the way out. There are those who understand the difference and no explanation is necessary. There are those who don't and no explanation is possible.

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/25/08 08:48 PM
Brains, no question. It's all about who he is as a person, not what he looks like.

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/25/08 08:36 PM
Thanks

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/25/08 08:25 PM
I've gotten rid of most of the inside stuff, ditched all the caps, and I'm adding more photos.

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/24/08 02:05 AM
In that context, heck yeah. I ain't been a virgin for years now. ;p

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/24/08 01:56 AM
You're very pretty and from your profile you sound like you have an inner substance and beauty as well.

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/24/08 01:54 AM
I'm a big girl so be honest. I can take criticism.

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/24/08 01:51 AM
With no disrespect intended, the shoddy punctuation, spelling, and mechanics in your self-description is, for me, a turn-off because it makes you seem less than intelligent and your high school, for whatever reason, graduated a functional illiterate. For all I know, you could actually be a Rhodes scholar who graduated from Oxford top of your class and went to Harvard for your PhD in astrophysics and you're screamingly brilliant, but the impression I got from your profile is that you're not very well educated and not one of the sharper tools in the shed so I'd definitely take a pass.

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/24/08 01:35 AM
I just remove them from my Mutual Match list and if there's been any regular contact I inform them that because of [reason], I'm no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with them and best of luck with their search.

hoppytoad79's photo
Thu 08/21/08 03:44 PM
If he's thirty-five and still living at home because he says he's comfortable and never seen any reason to move out, what's your reaction?

I have male friends living at home for financial reasons because they can't afford to live on their own right now and I completely understand that. If he's living at home because he has to take care of a parent or other relative, that's fine. But living at home when you're thirty-five just because? I'm moving on. At thirty-five, a guy is more than old enough to be living independently. I do not want a guy who's wrapped tightly in Mommy's apron strings and/or doesn't have experience managing his own affairs and paying his own bills and doing chores and upkeep himself. I don't want a Michael Patterson (from the strip For Better or For Worse) who spends almost all his time on his writing and his affairs and leaves his wife, Dee, to handle the home and the kids and doesn't do anything other than what she explicitly asks him to do. I'm sure not all guys who live at home into their thirties are like that but the ones I've heard talk about living at home haven't made me confident that they wouldn't expect me to be like Mom and handle the overwhelming bulk of things. That's not going to happen, not with me.

hoppytoad79's photo
Wed 08/20/08 01:48 PM
Kiss my pets? All the time. On the head, on their paws, and places like that.

hoppytoad79's photo
Wed 08/20/08 01:41 PM

Just listen to ya'll!!!! Married men need love too!!!!!
yeah they do FROM THEIR WIVES!!!

Exactly! I saw one profile online by a guy who was getting married in a year and he wanted to find a woman who he could have a discrete sexual relationship until then. I was like noway rant and so wished I could find his fiancee to tell her exactly what kind of scum she was marrying. I feel so sorry for her.

If married men are bored in their marriages, the answer is not to turn to someone else. Work on it with your wife, you cheating jerks!

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/18/08 10:21 AM
How about the guy whose profile pic is of his d!ck, colored green with permanant marker (he must've taken the shot just as he was finishing b/c the marker's in the shot). Why he chose that as his profile pic, I have no idea because he is definitely NOT well-endowed. There is such a thing as too large but that is NOT something this guy ever needs to worry about.

hoppytoad79's photo
Sun 08/17/08 08:39 PM
Haven't seen any here yet and that's fine with me.

hoppytoad79's photo
Mon 08/11/08 06:47 PM
If it's online, they'll have to show they're more literate than a fifth grader and universally they'll have to have something interesting to say, a dry sense of humor, and be intelligent.

Previous 1