Community > Posts By > corin1985

corin1985's photo
Thu 08/19/10 09:41 AM
Hello :) West Phoenix here. :heart:

corin1985's photo
Tue 03/24/09 10:52 AM
Edited by corin1985 on Tue 03/24/09 10:54 AM
In college, I was dating a friend I went to high school with. My neighbor in the dorm and I had gone to school together as well, so she talked to him once in a while. Well, fortunately, he let it slip to her that the weekend he was going to come and stay with me, he was planning on proposing to me.

Being 17 at the time, needless to say, I freaked out a bit. I was not ready for that kind of thing. I'd known him since the 5th grade, but engagement was just not on my mind at the time. He arrived, and we hung out with the group, and I tried to avoid being alone with him.

One night, he pulled me aside and said he needed to talk to me. My first response? Yea, I need to talk to you as well. As soon as we got to the study room, I told him that it wasn't working out, and that I just couldn't get him out of my mind as anything but a friend.

Then he made me look at the ring he had bought me. frustrated

corin1985's photo
Tue 03/24/09 10:31 AM

I had a girlfriend that wouldn't let me do anything for her. not even open a door. If I did open a door for her she wouldn't walk through it, and would open the door next to it, if there was one. I really hate to think it's gone, but starting to believe that it is. Mainly cause girls don't want or expect it anymore. In fact I think most women rather have the jerky guys than the nice ones.

I was raised to have manners and respect for women, but it now seems pointless.

I don't believe it's dead at all. Admittedly, there are a lot less guys, especially around my age and younger that don't have any manners. But I think that's because of the way they were raised, whether learning from their parents or from friends. Personally, I like it when a man can be polite and sweet, and do little things like that. It bothers me when a guy tries to do absolutely everything for me, but I do appreciate the attempt. I will hold the door once in a while for him, and little things like that as well. I just ask that he lets me do it for him as well.

corin1985's photo
Tue 03/24/09 10:22 AM
Staying with my daughters father for as long as I did. I was one of the stupid ones that continuously stood up for him saying he's just stressed and having a hard time, he'll change. rant

corin1985's photo
Tue 03/17/09 01:52 PM
I don't get pick up lines that often, if ever... But in high school, there was an african american guy in 2 of my classes. One day, he came in, sat next to me and started stroking my arm and said "You wanna make chocolate milk together?"

Later on that year, at graduation, it was at a baseball complex, so there were bugs everywhere. He sat in front of me and the conversation went like this,"There's a grasshopper on your boob, can I get it?" "No, there is not grasshopper" "Yes there is, it's right there" *smack*

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 04:05 PM

i think instead of having the picture of the pond and the swans, you should put a picture of yourself for the main picture.

Some do that because they want a person to be interested in them as a person not by their beauty. JMO

Yea, I would like that. Lol, but either way, my photos look a little silly. :tongue:

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:51 PM

Alright, I feel a little wierd asking, but, what can I lose?

Does anyone have any advice on my profile? I think it makes me sound a little boring, and I think that's why I have really had much luck on here at all. tears

drool dreamysmitten

Lol, thanks. flowerforyou

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:51 PM

Your profile isn't bad at all. It is missing some things though. Tell us some of your interests. Give us some insight of you you are and what you are looking for. Other than that you shouldn't have a problem. Good Luck and Welcome to our community.

Alright, I'll try writing a list and then ad it on to my interests. It's always hard to think of them on the spot. :(

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:49 PM

Looks fine to me...Good Luckflowers

Thanks... maybe I'm don't talk on the forums enough, but I always seem to kill the thread rather than help fuel it.

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:45 PM
Alright, I feel a little wierd asking, but, what can I lose?

Does anyone have any advice on my profile? I think it makes me sound a little boring, and I think that's why I have really had much luck on here at all. tears

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/11/09 03:21 PM
23 here. drinker

corin1985's photo
Mon 03/09/09 10:29 PM

you have to wave a cookie in the air for them to come noway

I thought it was candy.

I don't know... for me it's strawberries. happy

corin1985's photo
Thu 03/05/09 01:48 PM

Pacific is right.

8:30 or 9 is just too late. My child is seven and he goes to bed at eight. Kids that are two need about 14 hours of sleep.

Adjust the naptime or eliminate one, if there are two.

Be firm. Be firm. DO NOT CAVE.

Love your child enough to stay strong and say no.

I highly advise talking to your pediatrician. Take notes.

I'm standing behind these bedtimes. They are late for my child though. When my child was 2 yrs., bedtime was 7:00-7:30. My child is older now and goes to bed around 8:00-8:30. My child sleeps 12 hours.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'm going to try some of it out. I took her in the room for her nap today and she wouldn't sit still for a book, so I made sure there was nothing noisy in the area, pretended to be asleep for about 10 minutes and she finally got bored and crawled up there with me. And fell asleep within 15 minutes. So maybe it'll work for bed time. Thanks again!

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/04/09 11:20 PM

My daughter is 2 now, when she was younger she would never go to sleep in her crib, so, i let her cry it out until she realized this is the way it's gonna be, no ifs ands or buts. After that she was in bed like clock-work every night at 9 o'clock. And don't let them have naps after 3, that makes them stay up late.

Stories are a great tool, but at the same time you need discipline. 2 year olds are beginning to assert their independance, and you need to guide them. Used to take me 15 minutes max to get my daughter to bed. Same thing every night after dinner, bath, brush teeth, story, bed. Of course now that I'm divorced and working full-time someone else gets to put my daughter to bed and they let her do what she wants, which is extremely annoying and NOT helpful. Her dad might as well be a ghost with all the help HE gives me, ass. But, that's a whole nother story, lol. If I get home early enough I play her ballerina music box for her and sing a song.

But yes, patience is key, the ability to know when to step back and let them throw a fit without giving in so they don't grow to learn manipulation through outbursts. Every child is different, though. And every parent has a different way of parenting. So, really, you just have to pick a course you want to take and make the best of it.

I never had a problem with her going to bed in her own bed until the beginning af February, that was when she got her own room. At first she was fine with it, and now, not so much.

I've tried the letting her cry it out thing, and it doesn't work. There's been several night where i left her crying, and she will nonstop all night. She was in there screaming at the top of her lungs for 2 hours tonight before my neighbors came over and complained, so she went to my bed.

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/04/09 11:08 PM
Edited by corin1985 on Wed 03/04/09 11:10 PM
Yes... and she won't sit still for the first line... She loves books, but she doesn't like being read to... she just looks through them, reciting the stuff she remember from the one and only time she let me read it to her.But even that doesn't last long.

corin1985's photo
Wed 03/04/09 10:50 PM
Ok, my daughter is 2 years old... I have a couple things I need advice on. And if anyone can help me out, I will love you forever!

First one, How can I get her to bed on time? I generally try to lay her down for bed around 8:30 or 9 pm... But she won't go to sleep, she sits in her room screaming.

Second one... How do I get her to sleep in her own room? The only time she won't scream and yell is when she's in sleeping with me. Problem with that, she's a very active sleeper, while she's falling asleep she has a habit of kicking her legs into anything that's near, including but not limited to my face or the wall. And she won't go to sleep until midnight or 1 in the morning.

Please help me out!
Thanks, tired and first time single mother...

corin1985's photo
Tue 09/02/08 11:23 PM
I'm here... :) 22

corin1985's photo
Tue 09/02/08 10:54 AM
22/female/ phoenix az

corin1985's photo
Mon 09/01/08 09:53 PM
Lots of us are in Phoenix too!

corin1985's photo
Mon 07/28/08 02:14 PM
Welcome to Phoenix! I'm not new to Phoenix, but I seem to have an issue meeting new people. Maybe I work too much. Lake Pleasant is a pretty awesome place to go once in a while.

Previous 1