Community > Posts By > stepsoftly

stepsoftly's photo
Sat 10/02/10 01:28 PM
It would have to be the shopping spree.. exes, past tense, there put in my past for a reason.. and the sex sure didn't solve anything.. it sucks when u always give far more then u get!!!!The shopping spree would at least serve a purpose...bigsmile

stepsoftly's photo
Sat 10/02/10 01:18 PM
first u must look into the mirror and recognize who u are b4 u chase the illusion of love.. four days is merely saying hello/NOT let's say I do! While the butterflies may have circled ur tummy, do understand the difference....sometimes it's just plain ole" indegestion....:wink: you deserve better girl.. spread ur wings and fly!!!:banana: bigsmile

stepsoftly's photo
Tue 11/03/09 10:06 AM

Okay. Time for some schooling here. Yes, I am about to rant.:smile:

I am growing tired of this whole "I want a guy that is real" thing that seems to be like a hot topic here on Mingle lately. Used to be the topic was "Why do women like bad boys?", but now we have this current topic. Know why I am growing tired of it? It is simple. Because it seems that when someone posts this topic, they are either very young, or just had there heart broken, or blah, blah, blah.

Listen. The whole concept of being with someone is based around wanting to either compliment them, or (for the OP) wanting to be there world. No matter how you say it, don't you think that this is what the majority of people want?

Bad things happen to good people, especially in dating. I have had my heart broken before, and you know what (and I am not proud of it) I have broken someone's heart as well (I knew it was the best for us both, but it still hurt). Yes, people get frustrated because they are looking and then...BAM...they believe they have found the right one. They give of themselves, and feel that they have found true love...only to have it blow up in there face.

I am ranting because I feel that life is way too darn short to be whining here. I can sit back, complain, whine that there are nothing but bad women out there, but you know something? I don't do that. Look, I was married to a woman for nine years, and I dated her six years before we got married. I spent half of my life with this woman, thinking she was the one. Only, in the end, she decided I wasn't, and it took her two months to replace me. That hurt, and I dealt with it and moved on. Was it easy? Hell no it wasn't. But I am not about to let my life stop because of something that she decided. She didn't want me anymore. Ok, well, deal with it and move along, and that is what I did.

My point is this. Life is about a journey. Yes, you want someone to love, and I am happy you want that. I want the same thing (one day). But instead of getting frustrated and venting, just live life man. Have fun. Date some guys, and don't think that each one has the potential to be the guy you think is right for you. Heck, you might meet the man of your dreams on this site. It can happen. Take care of you for now, and when the right guy comes along, you will know what to do.

JUST ENJOYING THE RIDE CAN BE SO FULFILLING! KUDOS TO YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SCHOOL EM!!!

stepsoftly's photo
Tue 11/03/09 09:56 AM
only one week left to live would entail one huge party to celebrate the life I've lived.. my daughter would have the final 48 hours all to herself.. maybe disneyland..maybe the hawaii trip.. but I would want to be with her at the end. my family matters but my chilren matter most.. to tell them all the things I wanted to say.. A good movie that brought this thought home for me was "Step-mom" with Julia roberts/susan serandon. Check it out!winking

stepsoftly's photo
Sun 06/08/08 03:47 PM
flowerforyou Hi Red, Nice to meet you.. Hope I'm welcome to sit a spell??!...S...