The one i've used:

250grams of chick peas
juice of 2 lemons
3 cloves of garlic
1dl litre of olive oil
1 teaspoon of hot groundpaprika powder
salt
parsley

first you soak the peas for 8-10 hours.Then you cook the peas in salted water and cool them.You remove the skins from the peas,and put all the ingredients to a mixer except parsley and mix.Then you add the cut parsley.

: )

Thank you Toni! You don't use Tahini? I've ready several recipes and they call for that but I dont even know what it IS!

You're welcome :-) Like seaworthy noted it's pasted sesameseeds,but I usually make it without them,I think others might even swore by it! ;-) It's best to try and make up which way you like it the best! and i'd also note that you should forget the recipy and go creating your own hummus by trying different amounts or lemon juice,garlic,olive oil etc : )

Tonitiger's photo
Wed 06/04/08 07:34 AM

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
Nathaniel Hawthorne

sits down quietly :smile:

flowerforyou

and one for you:smile: flowerforyou

Tonitiger's photo
Wed 06/04/08 07:33 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Wed 06/04/08 07:33 AM
I remember reading on Richard Dawkins website that when an lighting struck to a huge Jesus statue somewhere in the world,the religious who commented said it was just a random event..

but then again when lighting strucks down an evil doer or something similiar it's seen as an "act of god"

anyway it's best to keep god away from such matters like insurance,it just ends up getting really absurd.

Tonitiger's photo
Wed 06/04/08 07:24 AM
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
Nathaniel Hawthorne

sits down quietly :smile:

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 06/03/08 07:01 PM

anyone try it? ooo my gosh its soo good, I made it last night and... mmmmmmm it melts in your mouth love

I've made it once,it's great! :-) in general I love cakes and desserts! love

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 06/03/08 06:59 PM
The one i've used:

250grams of chick peas
juice of 2 lemons
3 cloves of garlic
1dl litre of olive oil
1 teaspoon of hot groundpaprika powder
salt
parsley

first you soak the peas for 8-10 hours.Then you cook the peas in salted water and cool them.You remove the skins from the peas,and put all the ingredients to a mixer except parsley and mix.Then you add the cut parsley.

: )

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 06/03/08 09:36 AM
The french know it!

"Butter,always butter!"

:-)

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 06/03/08 09:26 AM
I love making it.Kneading the dough,it's relaxing :-) Do you make any bread at home or just buy at the store?

here's an recipy for an baguette.

baguette

3/4 oz of yest
1cup of cold water
two and a half cups of flour
1tea spoon of salt
2 tea spoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of butter

let the yeast soak in a little bit of warm water(about 90fahrenheit) and then put the yeast in the cold water and mix the rest ingredients in.Knead for 15 mins.and let it rest a bit before you make it into a baguette.Then let it rest for about 20 mins and make the cuts on top and bake it in a very hot oven 450(abit less or a bit more) fahrenheit for 15-20mins

and bon appetit!

you can also add almost anything to the baguette dough! Like pesto sauce,that would be great!:-)

Tonitiger's photo
Mon 06/02/08 11:15 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Mon 06/02/08 11:16 AM

Is it usual for men to assume you aren't interested if you don't reply back within 2 seconds?

Please no painting all with the same brush :smile: :wink: i guess if you're intrested in someone the faster you reply..if you're not intrested you'll do other things and then take time to reply..maybe that's the message that gets sended or is received..

Tonitiger's photo
Sat 05/31/08 03:27 AM
I don't like those fries they sell in any of the fastfood places,and think it's really worth while making them at home :-) they just taste much better! but slackers can continue visiting mcdonald's etc :tongue: laugh

Tonitiger's photo
Sat 05/31/08 03:16 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Sat 05/31/08 03:17 AM
What's your recipy? got any tips for making them?

I don't really have an recipy I just make them,but let's say

6 potatoes
salt

that's good,now all we need is to cook them :-)

cut the potatoes to the classical size(i forgot what is was :-P but i do the cutting with a mandolino,it's a good buy :) btw) and dry them carefully.Then you just deep fry them(a deep fryer with a digital thermometer is a good buy as well:)),but the tempature in what to fry is the question here,i've seen so many different tempatures in different recepies,but usually you get the best result by using the hottest oil possible,and deep frying them about 5 mins and then increasing the tempature and taking them out just as they are the right colour.And then you add salt :)

edit: i read somewhere that french fries are orginally from belgium?? well close enough and they do speak french there as well,don't they? :-P

Tonitiger's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:24 PM
In vino veritas drinker but i admit,i know next to nothing about wines laugh

Tonitiger's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:26 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Thu 05/29/08 11:27 AM
Jill-->It's true,good and tasty food often is not good for the health,but everything in moderation is the key here drinker :smile:

Skpcg--->mmm,when i think of texas,i think of texan barbaque,but sadly i've only heard/read of them,and never been to a one :-(

Tonitiger's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:16 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Thu 05/29/08 11:17 AM
A fine swedish steak made out of ground meat.And is it simple to make too :)

400grams of ground meat(bit less than 16oz or 1lb)
3-4dl of cream about 1 and a half cup(i think ;))
flour
butter
pepper+salt

you start with seasoning the meat with pepper and salt,and putting it to the fridge for 10mins or so.Then you take it out and put it into a blender and add cream while it's mixing.And then you take the "dough" and mold the steak(s) and flour it,after it you fry it with lots of butter and serve with mashed potatoes or home made french fries : )

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 05/27/08 08:06 AM
I guess i wasen't so good at opening lines,or i froze when it came the time to say something witty or just hi ;-) but if any sweet girls(well you all are:heart: :heart: ) intrested in chatting with me,i'm letting you know that i'm here :)

-Toni

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:56 AM
She'll be a great cook one day! :-) did you like the souffles? ;-)

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:47 AM
Edited by Tonitiger on Tue 05/27/08 07:48 AM
It's my one of my favourite desserts :) this is the recepy i often use to make it.I'd also be intrested in getting new ones :) (i also have one for ovenapple brulee)

okay here it is:

3,3dl of cream
1,5dl of milk
1 vanilla bean/pod (don't know which is the proper word: ))
0,5dl of sugar
3 egg yolks

on top brown sugar to caramellize(or any sugar you prefer)

how i make it:

I heat the cream,milk,vanilla pod(cut to half) and sugar in a kettle and then let it infuse a while then i pour it over the egg yolks and mix them and put it a fridge for couple of hours or over night.Then i sieve it(and skim any foam on the surface) and bake for 30mins in 120celcius and it's usually done.Then i cool it.

for finishing touch i have a burner that i camellize the sugar,which is bit tricky,because it shoulden't burn and the mixture below shoulden't get warmer..a perfect brule should have a sugar on top that is both caramellized and feels like "glass" and cold cream mixture below..

and i'm sorry my american friends but i just know metric system and celcius ;-)

hoping to get some comments and ideas :-)

-Toni

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:37 AM
Thanks everyone : )

Tonitiger's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:31 AM
Moi,

Oh no,it's not french and it dosen't mean me,it's finnish and means hi :-) it's incredible how often people confuse it :P but seriously,just want to greet everyone and if someone is willing to learn about finland or finnish i'm the one to contact :-)

-Toni