Community > Posts By > Sweetheart1965

no photo
Fri 03/20/09 03:04 PM
Get the degree, then get the cert.

A lot of places will not even look at you if you are certified, unless you have an AAS, BA or BS to back it up.

Definitely get A+ Certified, it is required for some jobs.

A degree means you had to pass a certain standard in college, not just a certification test. You receive grades in college. College classes teach English and Communication skills, and any more, you have to have Business and Economics and some Accounting. (For the good jobs) This means you will get the job over a guy with an MCSA. EVery MCSA I have ever met lied about having that cert, because they failed the test so many times. If you meet one, ask him to show you his actual cert. Sorry to be cynical, but I have been lied to a bunch about this one.

Go to a real school, get a real degree.

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 01:44 PM
Replace the motherboard, hard drive and memory.

In other words, you are in the dark ages with a P3. Go to Fry's and get a "deal".

(This coming from a guy with a quad core processor and 4 Gigs of RAM)

My guess is your IDE Host controller channel is going out, or you need to re-image your machine. (Most likely)

If your image is as old as your P3 is, try that. (re-imaging) And if you are going to do that, you might as well try a 64-bit dual core processor. They are cheap and you seem to know a little, soooo.......:)

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:50 PM

Thanks sweetheart, but those aren't the speakers...

The ones I have are older than those in the link, I think that's why I am having a hard time to find info on them re power rating for the other poster up there

Try ebay. You may pick up some info there.

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:38 PM

Wow!

I didn't expect so many responses guys thank you!!

The receiver is rated power at 75 watts for 8ohms per channel. And 110 watts 6 ohms per channel.

Speakers-- no known power rating as of yet, they were purchased used, and I'm still trying to find some info on them...grumble

Look here:

http://angstromloudspeakers.com/item_list.php?top_cat_id=79

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:33 PM

The 2 ohms won't make much difference. The "Smaller load" will actually be easier on your amplifier and, I do believe, a little louder.

Its actually a little harder on your amp and your amp will run a little warmer.

But again nothing that will cause any damage.

Ok, so my Engineering skills are clouded by years of studying IT

A lot of people get it backwards.

I work alot with custom stereo systems so I get to play with amps, ohms, and wattage all day.

And Ohms Law obviously.

E=I/R

Did I get that right?

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:26 PM

The 2 ohms won't make much difference. The "Smaller load" will actually be easier on your amplifier and, I do believe, a little louder.

Its actually a little harder on your amp and your amp will run a little warmer.

But again nothing that will cause any damage.

Ok, so my Engineering skills are clouded by years of studying IT

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:22 PM
If you really want to get carried away, you could put a resistor in series with it. While this is totally feasible, it is also a joke. LOL!

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:19 PM

no photo
Tue 01/06/09 07:40 PM
You're thinking of Penthouse "Forums"!

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 08:42 PM
Yes

no photo
Thu 12/18/08 07:41 PM
Who said I was your neighbor?

no photo
Wed 12/17/08 01:18 PM
If it is Internet Explorer, go to tools<internet options and under the "general" tab go to "Browsing History" and click "delete". This will clear all the cookies and a good bit of the "Crap" in your browsers cache.

no photo
Wed 12/17/08 01:15 PM
Have you made any changes to the system configuration?

no photo
Mon 12/08/08 06:40 PM
We try to prevent that where I work.

Thanks. I do believe that sometimes we have to learn things the "hard way" -- but when you lose your life over it, something is very very wrong....

no photo
Mon 12/08/08 06:38 PM
I am not sure I do either! Been there 10 years, though they are paying for my education.

no photo
Mon 12/08/08 06:35 PM
I work in a Mental Health Facility and see the affects of it all the time.

no photo
Sun 11/16/08 06:36 AM
What type of firewall are you running on IE?

The SP3 update has an issue with the Zone Alarm firewall, if that is what you are using.

no photo
Sat 11/15/08 06:14 PM
WHICH ARE YOU AND WHY?

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER BE? WHY?

Musician.

I am right where I want to be.

Part of the reason "why" is because I have heard music in my head my whole life.

Anybody like that?

no photo
Mon 11/10/08 04:33 AM
Use itunes.

www.apple.com

no photo
Sun 11/09/08 09:23 PM
That "attention Whore" thread was stupid. They were so concerned with insulting each other, it was like "what's the point?" I thought the thread died long before it did.

Previous 1