Community > Posts By > willowdraga

willowdraga's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:23 PM
Cute and snappy flowerforyou

willowdraga's photo
Wed 03/27/13 03:09 PM
Who should have the right to tell others who to love and marry anyway? Stay the hell out of their bedroom.

As long as they are not harming anyone or taking advantage of those who are incapable of making the choice through age or mental capacity, who cares. Really.

It is a waste of our tax money and our time to have to fight this battle....

Just like abortion, if you don't believe in it, DON'T DO IT. You can't stop others from believing in it or doing it. And you waste your time trying.

willowdraga's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:21 PM

firstly....islam is the the only religion in the world is practical.pepole say why muslim women wear a veil why they cover faces and why dont talk to unrelated men,why they have sex only after marriage!the answer is non muslims talk to who ever they want and have sex with anyone!which in the long run resulting in aids!we dont belive in putting up our own stuff as we dont need!islam itself teaches us to lead a life properly and not like animals. its not a religion its a way of live ,and implumbus.....

Religions are nothing more than some men's thoughts on what should be. They can all be radical at times, just as men are.

None of them makes any human better than they already were, they just believe it does.

willowdraga's photo
Sun 03/10/13 01:00 PM

I’m still trying to get my relationship thinking cap on right, and I’m hoping the rest of you already might have yours on tight. So… as this is a dating site, where personal connections are made in the midst of the competition that exists, what are we supposed to think, say, and/or do if our partners/significant others makes it clear to us that they respect and will remain friends with the men and/or women that we both know are our rivals, and have acted accordingly towards us, should our partners loyalty to our known rivals be questionable, even actionable, such as being a deal breaker for us?

If the amount of time has passed that you feel the relationship should be exclusive (with both of you agreeing on what is exclusive) and this hasn't happened, then it is time to let it go.

Time is precious. Your time should be valued by yourself enough not to waste it.

If you feel rivalry and it isn't because you are insecure yourself, which would be your own issue, then they are not doing/showing what they need to for the relationship to be a true loving trusting relationship....

willowdraga's photo
Sun 03/10/13 12:52 PM
Edited by willowdraga on Sun 03/10/13 12:55 PM

hello!
I'm trying this online dating thing again, and would like some feedback from other ladies on how to overcome this issue.
I met a fellow about 5 years ago online, and we clicked. Sweet as he was though, he couldn't leave mummy's basement and we just could not have a mature relationship.
How do you harden your heart and stick to your guns and invest yourself in a relationship for YOUR sake, and not the other guy?
As women, we are for the most part trained to be care givers and nurturers. I grew up with a disabled brother and my career is in health care, taking care of people.
It's a natural extension of my personality to reach out to those in need and to provide care for them, be it physical, mental, or emotional. problem is that when the giving is not shared, it results in a dysfunctional relationship, and I REALLY do not want to get tangled up in that net again.
Any words of wisdom or advice?
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Think of it like this....you either eliminate them now before anything gets started or later when it becomes a big emotional upheaval...you choose.

Oh and charity is best given with no expectations. So in a relationship there should/can be no charity.

Being charitable is great though for those who you give to and never expect them to do anything else except receive it.

willowdraga's photo
Sun 03/10/13 12:48 PM

I believe it was Jim Geraghty that coined the headline of this post, but it keeps turning around in my mind. Tam highlights a particularly vacuous campaign video appearing this season in Indiana. The worst part about an election like this is that the partisans, on both sides, have already made up their minds. Studies have shown that partisans are generally the best informed voters, when it comes to the issues, no matter what side you’re on. The rest of this silly season is bringing the folks, who barely pay attention, over to your side so you can actually win the election. Whether anyone likes it or not, you need these people to actually win.

So you get politicians making these vacuous ads, because they want the low-information voters* to like and identify with them — I’m a great politician, you see. I care about our troops, and you care about our troops too, so don’t you think I’m a great guy to vote for? I not only care about our troops in general, but out troops from your very specific tribe! How wonderful! — The low-information voter won’t know much in November, but politicians will be hoping ads like this strike an emotional chord, and stick strongly in the memories of people who barely pay attention. This is how elections are won and lost, unfortunately, when partisans can’t decisively win on the strength of their base. That’s the case for neither party today.

In parliamentary systems, partisans are more free to be loyal to parties that most closely match their beliefs, and leave the coalition building to the politicians in the government. In our system, coalition building happens outside the apparatus of government, and compromises are forged in civil society. Some argue the former is better, but I tend to think the latter is. I’d much rather trust civic entities to make compromises than state entities. But the unfortunate side effect of forging coalitions in civil society is having to persuade the low-information voter that your guy is really their guy, and the result are ads like Tam highlights. I wish I knew how to fix that problem, without putting more power in the hands of politicians, but I don’t really have a good answer.

* Before libertarians get offended that I’m suggesting they are low information voters, rather than partisans, they are not. Libertarians are among the most partisan and informed around. But not enough people don the wookie suit to be a real factor in elections. You have many people who are libertarianish, but a strong ideology that doesn’t involve a deity is a rare breed, whether your deity is God or Government. Winning the unwashed masses will take some degree of pragmatism.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/07/26/the-tyranny-of-the-low-information-voter/

Well, they have it right, just the candidate and targets wrong.

We suffer from the misinformed Republican populace in this country.

Most of them vote against their own best interest.

willowdraga's photo
Sat 02/09/13 09:41 AM

Alright ladies, suppose while going through this man's personal things you discover a locked box? How far will you go to discover it's contents?

I wouldn't even know of the locked box.

willowdraga's photo
Sat 02/09/13 09:39 AM

You've just had sex with a new lover for the first time. It's now the morning after and he/she has gone out to buy breakfast for you both. While they're gone, do you look through his/her personal belongings? Closets, draws, etc?

He best have me wanting to rest while he is gone or I might not be there when he gets back, something will come up that I have to leave for. I will call or text him that I have to go though, not the sneaking off type. No, snooping is not my style.

willowdraga's photo
Sat 02/09/13 09:31 AM
Edited by willowdraga on Sat 02/09/13 09:43 AM

I guess "libs" serve a purpose when needed eh? How hypocritical is that?

willowdraga's photo
Sat 02/09/13 09:28 AM
And...thinking you "need" a gun is a mental health issue to begin with.

If they assess all that want a gun for mental health issues, they will be able to eliminate some of the unnecessary gun violence. And then take the guns away from those irresponsible gun owners who let the kids get em and go shoot a whole school up...how they will do that, I don't know but it is needed.

Make them renew their mental health certificate every year to keep the gun.

Absolutely no multi firing weapons are needed at all. For any reason.

And lets let the gun manufacturers suffer the same fate as the tobacco industry. Create something that kills, get sued over it. And remember that tobacco does do good things too so that is no defense if someone were to try to use it.

I can go on and on but I am just expressing my views here not writing the book on it.

willowdraga's photo
Wed 02/06/13 07:19 PM
Edited by willowdraga on Wed 02/06/13 07:24 PM
We have had two murder suicides recently here.

The tragedy is terrible

willowdraga's photo
Wed 02/06/13 07:11 PM
Edited by willowdraga on Wed 02/06/13 07:11 PM
3 killed in Denver shooting: Police indicate tragedy was murder-suicide

Top News
February 6, 2013
By: Stacy Carey
Subscribe

1 Email
Top News newsletter