Fri 05/14/10 02:51 PM
Welcome. flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 02:48 PM
Marshalltown, Iowa. flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 02:45 PM
I have met 3 men off of Mingle:

1. We dated for over a year. He was the first person I met online.

2. scared I changed my phone number

3. Talked to him since I joined Mingle and we finally met a few months ago. Not sure what happened but we don't talk now.

I have no problem meeting a person from here if after conversation the time comes. :smile:

I know many of my friends who have met someone online and they couldn't have been happier. For example, one of my great friends moved from New York to Iowa to be with her now husband. Glad she did otherwise I wouldn't have met her.

All in all---yup, I am serious. biggrin

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 02:02 PM
Welcome. flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 01:59 PM
Knoxville, Iowa. flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 12:01 PM
Good morning HB! flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 11:59 AM
I got a pedicure! smitten I just love my feet being rubbed. biggrin

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 07:27 AM

My Birthday is coming up on the 19th and I'll be alone. My family is far away and my best friends have moved to other countries.

What does one do on a Birthday when she's all alone?

I relocated across the state after my divorce and I feared my first birthday "alone". Fortunately I had met a few friends here who took me out. It turned into being one of my better birthdays.

Spend the day doing whatever it is you want to do. Meet some friends for lunch, get dressed up and go get your nails done, go for a drive, rent some movies, go for a walk, go to the museum,

I would spend mine waking up late and going to the lake with a book.

Whatever you do, just do it with your head up high and a smile on your face.

By the way, Happy (early) birthday! flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 07:14 AM

thanks rosanna i appreciate that. has anyone seen mother tucker by the way?? she seems to have disappeared on me...no matter she'll come back if she's meant to.

I did disappear for a bit. How is everything with you?

HB--You are a 10 for being so sweet to everyone. flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 06:32 AM
Just was browsing Mingle and came across this thread. I worked in a substance abuse clinic, well till the hospital deemed it neccessary to close the unit on April 30th.

I want to say congratulations to each of you that made the life changing choice. flowerforyou It is a daily choice; one day at a time.

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 06:16 AM
Good morning! flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 06:04 AM
I think she meant don't solely go on looks---at least that is how I took it. I agree there has to be a physical attraction, but like stated by Aussie, a personality and certain traits can make you more or less attracted to a person.

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 05:55 AM

My issue is just the opposite, because of the world we live in, I find it hard to let anyone in because I am a single mother. My child's welfare and protection are my number one priority, so it is hard to let anyone close to me.

That is how I am. I had a relationship with one man (that I happened to meet on Mingle) after my divorce and after dating for five or six months I introduced him to my kids. My kids adored him and he adored my kids, when it didn't work out after a year my kids were heartbroken. I have went on other dates but none that came close to meeting my kids again.

It's hard to know when to involve the kids when dating. It's even harder when you fear your kids getting attached to someone and it not work out.

For these reasons (and my own fear of being hurt) I tend to take things extremely slow and some men do not understand that and that is okay, but my kids come first.

As for dating a single mom, I know of single dads and men with out kids of thier own who don't think twice of a woman with kids. I also know of ones that don't want the "baggage". It's preference. As for me I would date a single dad and I would dad a man without kids. It's all about the chemistry.

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 05:40 AM
Welcome! flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 05:36 AM
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Fri 05/14/10 05:35 AM
Good morning! flowerforyou

MotherTucker43's photo
Thu 05/13/10 07:39 PM
Stick it there

MotherTucker43's photo
Thu 05/13/10 07:36 PM
When I found out my at-the-time-husband was cheating, I decided to leave work and I said to a co-worker "I am going to kill him."

Well after her attempts to call to check on me failed, She called the police afraid that I did something that I would regret.

It was 3 in the morning and I had the police at my door questioning me where my cheating husband was. They had to search my house to make sure that he was not there.

Seriously, I couldn't believe it, my house was searched for a "dead body". Today I find if hilarious.

Note to self, always answer call waiting. :wink:

MotherTucker43's photo
Thu 05/13/10 05:57 PM
flowerforyou I am still single.