Community > Posts By > mamacat2007

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:19 AM

I've had that happen to me many times, I think it's just a normal part of dating. It sucks I agree. The problem is that people say that they want to hear the truth, but really most times they don't.
So you go out on a date with someone and he or she gives you the typical "yea I had fun we'll do it again sometime" but really they don't plan on it. Maybe they don't want to be rude. Maybe the last time they were truthful they got snapped on and yelled at. (happened to me) I just don't think people should get so mad if someone doesn't want to go out with you again after only 1 or 2 dates. Or MAYBE you were just a bad date... JMO

I agree no one should get ticked off if someone doesnt want to see you again..thats why i mentioned being honest about it..you said you went through it..wouldnt you have liked the person to follow some of the advice i give here?
I'm just pointing out that there are many reasons that people don't always tell the truth. The way I see it is if someone doesn't call me back or isn't truthful to me, it's their loss and he isn't for me. Time to move on

true maybe my soap box is a little to high for this world but wouldnt it be better to NOT have to go through it at all?? It wouldnt kill any of us to have what shouldnt be higher standards but just normall standards of honesty..guess its to much to sak of some people ...Not you dear poster lady who replyed to the subjectflowerforyou

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:16 AM

I would prove them wrong

drinker drinker drinker laugh laugh laugh

Philosophers spend too much time pondering....I'd just Kick Their Ass!laugh laugh laugh

LOL my kind of guy ..you go dudeflowerforyou

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:15 AM

If someone proved you did not exist, how strange and funny that would be? Just say they proved it, doesn't matter who or how, how would that make you feel?

Cool then I get all the money back i spent on those lousy bills all these years especially the taxesdrinker

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:12 AM

We all have our own set of rules and standards of operations in here. happy

JMHO opinion that IMHO is a priceless tool for avoiding just this kind of response. flowerforyou

Ok now IM ignorant what is JMHO and IMHO???

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:11 AM

oh I don't know...maybe because all you did was b*tch about all men.

Hmm maybe I have lost my grip on the use of the english language since college but last i checked b*tching was "all men do this an that,there all users,excetra" Your reading into it not taking it as is

well, dip my in ignorance and throw me to the Christians then. I'm gonna go sit in a corner now.

flowerforyou Sorry hun,didnt mean to upset you...try to have a better day and ignore me LOL:heart:

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:10 AM

I've had that happen to me many times, I think it's just a normal part of dating. It sucks I agree. The problem is that people say that they want to hear the truth, but really most times they don't.
So you go out on a date with someone and he or she gives you the typical "yea I had fun we'll do it again sometime" but really they don't plan on it. Maybe they don't want to be rude. Maybe the last time they were truthful they got snapped on and yelled at. (happened to me) I just don't think people should get so mad if someone doesn't want to go out with you again after only 1 or 2 dates. Or MAYBE you were just a bad date... JMO

I agree no one should get ticked off if someone doesnt want to see you again..thats why i mentioned being honest about it..you said you went through it..wouldnt you have liked the person to follow some of the advice i give here?

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:10 AM

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:08 AM

unsolicited advice

Ummmm ... Thanks......

(where is the sarcastic emoticon???)

No one asks for someone to put anything out here ,its all unslicited advice,opinions what ever..did someoen twist your arm and force you to read this?? Do you dissagree that humans should treat each other with common courtsey and respect??

If you read my post again...i said it was the ATTITUDE that would make me run away...not the advice...there is a nice way to say things...and there is the wrong way...the way you come off is as someone who has been hurt...recently...whether it was from rejection or a recent relationship...but hides behind it because you somehow think you are inferior to others. the attidude summed up comes across like this..."I have my SH!T figured out...and you need to do it like me!" it's bogus. There is nothing wrong with the advice...it is the way you said it...so before looking to take the spec out of your brothers eye...remove the plank in your own eye first...who said that?...oh yeah JESUS!

huh nice way huh...ok next time you want to get a point across to someone try the really sugary long route and see where it gets you..yes it can work but from other posts I have seen, no one listens to the long way around..No i dont think I am inferior in any way..if I did I wouldnt have had the nerve to put this out there..once again this is ONLY MY opinion of the way people should: treat others:wink:

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:04 AM

unsolicited advice

Ummmm ... Thanks......

No one asks for someone to put anything out here ,its all unslicited advice,opinions what ever..did someoen twist your arm and force you to read this?? Do you dissagree that humans should treat each other with common courtsey and respect??

I agree with your sentiments but I'm not sure this diatribe qualifies as non-paradoxical in comparison to the message. Presentation and tact are key components to actively espousing the principles you advocate. glasses

Thank you finally a human with some intelligence and CONSTRUCTIVE advice..I laid it all on the line because most people dont get it if you beat around the bush and hint at things

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:44 AM

Hmm maybe I have lost my grip on the use of the english language since college but last i checked b*tching was "all men do this an that,there all users,excetra" Your reading into it not taking it as is

No where did I say or suggest that ALL men are this way or do anything

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:43 AM

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:41 AM

unsolicited advice

Ummmm ... Thanks......

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:39 AM

I did read it darlin....just talking about the spirit/intention of your whole post.

indifferent Um Ok then if you read it,how did you get that it was meant in any negative way???

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:37 AM

S ound's like SHE had a bad expierence! Maybe it's her attitude?huh

I am not the only one who has had these experiences that is why I felt it ok to express an OPINION and give GENERALL advice that should apply to any relationship, honesty n common courtsey

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:34 AM
LOL I didnt say that just because your newly single you shouldnt be out here if you READ the WHOLE THING in context it says to make sure your ready for a new relationship first,get over your last BEFORE trying to move ondrinker

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:32 AM
If I didnt follow my own advice I wouldnt put it out here.
This isa forum to express ideas ,opinions an thoughts..that doesnt mean I would give anyone the lecture.One person said they would run the other way..i guess that person wants to or doesnt mind being lied to..good Lord..it was generall advice for all (though obviously i have dealt with only men out here )
to be open and honest,to examine yourself to make sure your ready for a relationship before going into one...I have met to many out here who are still hung up on what there exs did/still do,i saw a post from another person sying the same thing i wrote here so I know its not justa me thing. the person met someone and they seemed to get a long,the other person said they wanted to meet again and then disapeared off the face of the earth

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:10 AM
Edited by mamacat2007 on Thu 06/05/08 07:14 AM
First peice of advice would be to realize we are NOT you,we dont know you,your quirks,what sets you off and so on..Geez just tell us so we DO know . 2nd ,if you were recently out of any kind of relationship YOU DONT BELONG HERE..get yourself together and deal with the issues BEFORE trying dating againmad Most of us out here have already dealt with the situation that caused us to be single and really dont want to hear again and again about how much of a B**** your ex is,how she screwed you over excetra..Sharing is one thing, complaining is another..deal with it an move on..honesty..if you say you like us and want to see us again..make SURE you mean it and follow through..there are wonderfull inventions called,telephones,Instant messaging (often can be found free in places )text message,tell a friedn what ever so you can let the other person know your not available like you thought you would be.. NEVER just dissappear after saying you like and want to see someone again These things used to be called COMMON COURTSEY , COMMON SENSE and HONESTY I am learning those values dont exsist very much now a daysexplode
Seriously people, if you wouldnt want someone to any given thing to you,lie to you,disrespect you excetra then treat others the same way

mamacat2007's photo
Thu 05/22/08 06:14 AM

If the Conservatives end up there I hope it is run by Gay men.

Come to think of it. Streets of gold. Pearly gates. The twelve apostles, A God that can only get a woman pregnant through artificial insemination. I think it looks like it probably is.

flowerforyou laugh laugh laugh :wink:

mamacat2007's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:22 AM

my point is, there are no real rules for the unlimated amount of possibilities of the way people live. you think life is black and white, when it is really grey; and multiple shades of it.

you can make up all the excuses (and that is what they are because nothing you say is really in the bible) you may pick and chose and try to interpret things in an abstract fashion to make these things fit, but reality is, God would not try to be confusing. if he gave us a book it would be to the point of his expectations of us... the bible just does not do that.

NOT really..the bible is quite explicit in every area
the 10 commandements cover most
"thou shall not lie"
this covers EVERY area of your life,EVERY person you meet you are to not say anything that is not the absolute truth even if it might hurt someones feelings,it is politically incorrect,what ever,there are ways to say things to not hurt people but you still must be honest
"thou shall not steal"
I dont care if its a paper clip from work,if its not your and you dont have permission,you dont take it,if a cashier makes a mistake and gives you to much change,give it back excetra.
"do not covet thy neighboors wife 'excetra
basically be happy with what YOU have and dont be jealous or mad that someone has something you dont.This covers many things
"thou shall have no other GODS before me"
Many people misinterpit this to mean he is talking about other powerfull beings. If ANY ONE thing becomes the focus of your ambition,desire,love,be it money,drugs,sex, another person
then you are putting that person or thing before GOD

These things are why you find a bible based church and learn about the bible and GODS laws and how they apply to every day life.It is all in there and there is NO grey of that I am sure

mamacat2007's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:10 AM
your missing the point of what these others are saying.you dont need to be able to comprehend who or what GOD is(who of us can really understand him in his fullness anyway)In the bible Jesus says that having the faith of a child is the best way to be and children cant comprehend who he is,same thing with the handicapped, there souls work just fine and since they have the faith of a chld thats all they need.Besides its not up to us to decide or even question if one person or another should go to heaven.That is GODs job.