Community > Posts By > kashmirw

kashmirw's photo
Sun 09/30/12 09:54 PM
Wow, lots of interesting discussion on my question.

MsHarmony, what would you expect from a man you had been seeing for over 6 months, together most weekends and at least 2 evenings during the week? Planning a couple trips together, etc? Would you immediately get a hint?

Now, my scenario #2, I did get the hint immediately. We hadn't known each other more than a month or so, though we had discussed seeing each other exclusively. No hurt feelings over seeing him disappear, though a "it's been nice, but it's not working" would have been better.

I still feel better personally if I'm not feeling like we are a good match, to say so...sooner rather than later!

kashmirw's photo
Fri 09/28/12 10:17 PM
And it's a bald growth at that!
love
the newest love of my life!

kashmirw's photo
Fri 09/28/12 09:06 PM
Krupa,
Could be! If so it's a recent phenomena in my history of relationships. Though, come to think of it, I've usually been the one to say it's time to move on.

Thanks for all the responses, though it is a pity people have to be that immature.

kashmirw's photo
Fri 09/28/12 07:30 PM
Too much info, not enough? Feel free to rate away. constructive criticism is always welcome.

kashmirw's photo
Fri 09/28/12 06:57 PM
Is this the new normal for middle aged men?
I've dated 2 men in the past year, who rather than saying they weren't interested in continuing the relationship, both simply disappeared. The first relationship lasted over 6 months. One day the dates, phone calls, and emails simply stopped. Amazingly he ran into me, literally, at the Oregon Country Fair which we had planned for months to go to together, after a bit of stammering on his part, he said let's get together soon and we went our separate ways. I didn't expect to hear from him again, and my prediction was correct, haven't heard from him since.
2nd man and I dated for only a month. Not long enough, at least for me, to tell if we really clicked or not. Also not long enough to develop any real feelings or connection. We didn't see each other for a week while I was involved in my son's wedding, and during that time the phone calls ended and text messages became fewer and fewer until it all dried up.
What is so hard about saying it's not working out and we need to go our separate ways rather than leaving the other person hanging and wondering? I'd much rather be up front about it. It just feels so very Jr. High Schoolish to me, to not be able to end a relationship.