Community > Posts By > MissMap

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:32 PM

That I'm glad I already started my christmas shopping... and finding a halloween costume

ME TOO! lol

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:32 PM
Wondering how I joined this site looking for love but find myself in the post areas just finding cool people and great convo's. Life is crazy like that I guess. :thumbsup:

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:28 PM
watched the 40 year old virgin... love the part with the waxing. That cracks me up every time laugh

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:26 PM

I fear nothing...No risk, no reward.

For the most part, I feel the same way. Awesome way to live drinker

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:24 PM

Medical students

Any reason or just their lack of know how?

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 11:23 PM
Some of the stuff that was posted freaks me out but if faced with one of them I could suck it up and deal. Relationships do not freak me out. It's the process that I am struggling with. More of a nervousness than a fear I guess. My son is freaked out by clowns yet loves zombies so figure that one out. Did I mention he is only 1st grade? lol

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 01:27 AM
I just found out a friend of mine is scared to death of dryer lint. I laughed until I remembered that I too have a stupid/random fear and have no room to talk. I get freaked out when the t.v. station ends their day and the colored lines come up and you just hear that long beeeeeeeeeeeeep. I laugh at it but it does freak me out.
So now that I have fessed up, anyone else feel like confessing? lol

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 01:20 AM

What is headcheese anyway?

I know, right? :D

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 01:19 AM
Some people are a french fry short of a happy meal.

MissMap's photo
Mon 09/17/12 01:15 AM
thanks everyone!

MissMap's photo
Sat 09/15/12 01:40 PM
Edited by MissMap on Sat 09/15/12 01:40 PM
Hello everyone. Just started to use this site a week or so ago. Still getting used to it. Looking to meet new people as well as find the right one for me. Please feel free to message me and strike up a conversation or just to say "hi". I am super friendly and just looking to have fun and enjoy life.

MissMap's photo
Sat 09/15/12 01:29 PM
Thanks for the love. I guess its just part of being a Mom. Fun part was the next day when they felt better but I got sick lol. Can't win I guess.

MissMap's photo
Thu 09/13/12 11:12 PM

How do you get them to do it? Or do you just ignore their room when messy?

I am scared to clean my teen daughters room... something in there growled at me while putting away laundry the other day. I just close the door and tell her that her crushes mom is coming over for coffee and her crush MAY be here too... Nothing gets a kid to act semi-normal and clean their room in record time like the possibility of interaction with their crush lol

MissMap's photo
Thu 09/13/12 11:05 PM
Let me make this point clear. I love my kids. They mean the world to me. With that said I cannot tell you how happy I was to see the first day of school arrive. After spending all summer trying to amuse my kids, pay triple on my monthly food bill, spending all my time cleaning up messes I cleaned only hours ago and just in general catering to their every whim I am NOT ashamed to say that I did an Irish jig when the bus pulled up. I was so happy to remember the feeling of drinking a HOT cup of coffee and having a house of silence during light hours.
But then tonight, it happened. With one in High school and the other in Elementary I figured it would be one at a time and that I was save at the VERY least till October! NOPE!
Both my kids came in my room at 7pm tonight (NY time) to tell me they both felt sick. After going down the list (I.e. temp, color of skin, tone of voice ect.) I concluded that they both were indeed sick with some sort of sinus/stomach thing. I put them both to bed with the proper meds on board. Told them I loved them and to feel better. Since then, I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting water, holding back hair, soothing bruised egos and gently brushing away tears. I feel bad that they are both so sick but in my head I am thing "WTF?!?! first full week and they are sick already?!?!?!"
How does this happen? I mean, the schools are cleaned in the summer so no germs should be in there. Hand sanitizer is used hourly and my kids are germ-a-phobs and wash their hands a lot too. Further more, how did both my kids get off the bus today just fine and at the very same time just get sick as heck together? UGH!
Also, I went all summer with only one issue on vaca of a sick kid ( and that involved a buffet in cape cod that had some really NASTY food and a boat tour of the harbor. Don't ask for the details on that, please).
So in the most long winded way possible, can some explain how this happens and if this is not just me? I will say sorry now for all the typo's. I am pooped and I am in a "who cares if its spelled wrong" mode due to sleep deprivation. :)
Anyone who wants to share a story or just talk to keep me awake for the next wave would be AWESOME.

MissMap's photo
Thu 09/13/12 10:45 PM

Online relationship can take different shades and i'd say it is only by being able to read the unwritten words between the lines that you get to know who the other person is!
For someone you met on this site, I'd expect a long running exchange of onsite mails to be enough to get to know each other in the begining. A msg or two a day could advance into exchange of Mobile sms. Though, while i wouldn't have much against off site emails, I personally don't have much trust in Yahoo! The registration is too OPEN and there is no security check that can help trace the account user if there should be reason in the future.
Gmail for instance has a phone sms confirmation system before you can get an account registered. And with most countries in the world having SIM Registration mechanisms in place, it is possible to trace the true identity of the phone owner if there should any case of illegality in the future.
This said, i'd like to believe online relationships should be allowed to mature on their own starting out as simple friendships and maybe later on with better knowledge, progress into a deeper relationship.
Then there is the long distance thing, if you are both living in places far away from one another, i'd simply look at it as better being a Pen pal kind of stuff. I personally have many such pals across the world and with the long distance seperating us, i don't enter into any immature daydream of something more intimate for now.
Also i'd love to think most of us here have some other online identity or the other. If someone is real, there should be some other online identifications that with time will show you who they are. But my keyword in this situation is always Caution and Patience. It is never going to be possible to know who is true and who is a fake without taking some time. If you think something is not right, do some research into it, and ask direct or subtle indirect questions :-) And from the answers you come up with, you may know better.
On the whole, just like real life relationships take some time to mature, online meet ups also need time for ppl to get to know each other. A liar will certainly slip along the way!
Even if you live close by, i'd suggest, the first physical meet ups are in mutually agreed public places until some kind of trust is established.

well said.

MissMap's photo
Thu 09/13/12 10:43 PM
I was just thinking the same thing and then came to this post. Glad I did because this whole dating online this is so confusing! I'm already having second thoughts about it. Seems like my in box is loaded with messages to spam me or to have one nighters (when I was very clear that I did not want that)
sigh, good luck to you. I hope you have better luck than me! lol

MissMap's photo
Fri 09/07/12 07:15 AM
Years ago, I got the point in a relationship that I realized I needed to just step back and find me first. I spent about 5 years doing that and I recently found myself in a good place and ready to get back to the dating scene. Ive tried but I seem to just get slammed with one liners and guys who just wanna have a one night stand. Being someone who is laid back, out to just enjoy life and someone who wants the best friend as well as the relationship I am finding this whole dating thing much harder than I had assumed it would be. I'm at a point where I am almost ready to call it quits again but I figured some advice may help me out here.
I have no clue where to start, where to meet people (good ones to boot) or how to find someone who is laid back and not into drama.
Can someone throw me some rope here? Thanks for the help in advance.